can anyone help me with 5870

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vibramands, Jun 21, 2011.

1. vibramands

vibramands Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
    hi,

i am new here. my xfx 5870 (catalyst and driver 11.6) starts crashing to the desktop after 1 min of playing any game saying amd famioly radeon has stopped responding and has successfully recovered. it started happening all of a sudden.

2. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    try with 11.5 to see if the same happens and report back please

3. setinstone31

setinstone31 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
    Agreed 11.6 have some real severe bugs in it. If that's not it, maybe a memory/psu issue? More details for a better answer

4. TheOne61

TheOne61 Member

GPU:
    GeForce 570 GTX SLI
    Might even be over heating issues? I used to get crash to desktop and a little blip in the corner saying " My ATI driver has stopped responding and recovered " when I used to have heating issues. A new case, MSI Afterburner with a new Fan Profile did the trick for me.

5. vibramands

vibramands Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
    well i switched back to 11.5 drivers and it seems to have stopped. but doesnt 11.6 fix some issue with the witcher 2. i am going to play it day after tomorrow.

6. Archer8600GT

Archer8600GT Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 550Ti GTX 1GB
    Personally i havnt bothered 11.6 after reading all the problems people where having with them including crashs and BSOD's.

Id stick with 11.5 till a fix or updated driver comes out, like 11.7