Com Freezes Alot! Need Help!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Disturbedsaz, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Disturbedsaz

Disturbedsaz Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 270 4gb
    Hey,
    Its been a while that i been here so please bare with me. For the past month, my computer has been acting like a turd. Firstly, When opening first time, it would get stuck on the asus boot logo and i figured out that remove either my mouse or keyboard after i reboot makes it load to windows. doesn't makes sense to me.

But that just tip of the iceberg, My computer randoms hangs/freeze for no apparent reason. i though it must be the hard since its pretty old and its an IDE, so i went to get a WD black edition 1TB, put windows 64bits and move half of my data to it. Even bought a Razor mouse just for kicks. It was fast load, helps in games, but the problem still exist. hanging and freezing everyday randomly, when either playing games or surfing net.

I dunno what to do, last time i took to the computer shop and they don't know the problem cuz it doesn't hang/freeze there........:bang:

Please advise
    Thank you

Saz

2. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Is your Raidmax 630 the Volcano model? If so it's a ~500W POS and likely to be failing.

3. Disturbedsaz

GPU:
    HIS 270 4gb
    so my psu is not what it advertise?

4. Disturbedsaz

GPU:
    HIS 270 4gb
    Bumping abit. So do I really need to change my psu? What psu would be good for my setup?

Thank you

5. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    naw I won't say that the PSU is bad...but it's suspect. They took an old PSU designed for the 5V heavy CPU days and blinged it out to look modern. I've not seen the insides of one and it's never been properly reviewed but I suspect the total wattage is ~500W yeah. But that's enough for your system.

I would try and borrow a known good PSU from a friend or ask the shop if you can try one of theirs at home (with your AC) and see if it crashes or not. You only need a decent 400W PSU to power what you have there.

I see they sell for $10 bucks now new

http://www.e-techsiliconvalley.com/...=13449&zenid=93d8796716fe8448b87443c60becbf7f

tempted to get one but i already have some crap PSU's to test if I get interested in them again.