AMD Catalyst 11.6 WHQL (8.861 May 24) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    How? :no:

I use EDID option for my wide gamut monitor DELL 3008WFP. The last proper Catalyst 10.9 (works fine with my old 5970 card) cannot be used for my new 6990 card.

2. vts60

vts60 Guest

GPU:
    ati mobility radeon hd
    e per la mobility radeon hd 5145??

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I used to get the pink hue without using the EDID option on a few driver sets back, setting everything back to factory defaults fixed it, but thats no good if you don't use the default colour settings, i.e you like to add some saturation and what not, as moving any of the settings would cause the pink hue.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Heh, nvm.

5. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    i get better performance with 8.86

just me?

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    LOL... BSOD , i have not seen one in a long time :p , and im no noobie installing drivers before the smart comments starts rolling. I guess im not alone or the only one. I guess its down to the different configurations of hardare + software , some people will have them while others dont as not 2 systems are identical. Ill pass on this set , but im glad its working for others :) , my rig its running flawlessly with 11.4 so no worries here i went back to 11.4 problem solved.

7. maxone

maxone Member Guru

GPU:
    evga nvidia 660ti @915
    installation

tried installing this driver and kept getting an instalation error saying that the install file was incomplete. downloaded it again same thing. any idea's

thanks.

8. mlmason75

mlmason75 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 6570
    Question!

Why is the download size for AMD Catalyst Mobility 11.6 Win 7 | Vista (64-bit) Installer that is posted here in the very first post 86.8MB and the one from the main AMD site is 1.11 MB or 80.2MB depending on which package you choose?

Why is the one on AMD site not 86.8MB also? What is different about it?

9. zoudo

zoudo Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 580 DCUII
    BSOD, with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAAGE AREA, when restart after installation, so no good for me. First time ever for me with AMD.

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fluk , this drivers Borked My Raid0 array :( , new OS installation on the way ... DAMN IT !

11. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    ROFLMAO, good one. AMD drivers borked your raid array, ROFL ROFL ROFL. FYI laughing at you, not AMD.

12. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    The 1.11 is just AMD's downloader and the 80mb only includes the drivers and CCC not the media pack. That's why it's called individual download. Good grief, brain ran away?

13. keromyaou

keromyaou Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 XC3 Ul
    While I was installing Catalyst 11.6 driver, the screen went black and stayed black forever. I waited for a while (about five minutes) and pushed the reset button of the computer. After that the driver was anyhow installed. Although the new driver worked fine for running games (as good as Catalyst 11.5b), Aero stopped working. Now I am back to Catalyst 11.5b, everything is working fine now (including Aero).

14. mlmason75

mlmason75 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 6570
    So why is the driver thats posted in this thread not also on AMD site for download?

15. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Are you retarded? That's the same package as the downloader downloads.

16. mlmason75

mlmason75 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 6570
    Thanks for the info and being so kind to me lol :)

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You better clean your mouth with Bleach little boy as you have been insulting and calling people names on this tread on all your posts , let me see what a mod have to say about that ;).

18. evil_religion

evil_religion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 Vapor-X
    This driver often crashes if I expand a long list, e.g. in device manager -> get screen corruption/flickering and everything hangs.
    What a bummer, AMD...:puke2:

So, I went back to 11.4 without CCC and tada -> driver crashed while watching Flash in browser.

This will be my last AMD graphics, I am afraid...
    Never had such ****ty problems with Nvidia.

19. talis

talis Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G
    So where's "Steady Video" ? The option simply doesn't exist in CCC under Video Settings.

edit: and their other Video options are disabled when using EyeFinity. Had I know that ATi didn't actually WANT people to use their expensive hardware and wasn't going to support it with basic, key features like hardware accelerated video play back then I wouldn't have spent all of this money on their hardware. Bastards. WTF is the point of spending all of this money on this crap when it gives us a lesser experience? Want to adjust video gamma or enhance the color vibrance of videos? Too damn bad if you spent the money on CFX.

20. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

all works fine another awesome driver from ATI !!!