Browsing problem it LAGS randomly

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bornagen, Jun 13, 2011.

1. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    Regardless of any browser i use it will just lag randomly...scrolling will be damn jerky and watching videos slows down....but a simple solution is to minimize the browser then maximize it again.....tried so many drivers and nothing worked...

Lag happens very random at any website...even when the browsers hardware acceleration is off...damn its so frustrating....:pc1:

gpu 6870 tried the newest leaked driver and 10.10-11.15

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    if your specs are right then maybe try posting in the nvidia section to see if other people are experiencing the same .

if u use a anti virus if it has a link scanner try disabling that see if the problem goes away , avg link scanner was causing a friends pc to do the same when browsing the web

3. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    ^
    my specs are so outdated sorry for that and also edited my post....currently have 6870

my antivirus is running with file shield only....everything is disabled even the scan dll thing and scan when opening scripts still no luck, its so annoying when browsing cause it will just show up then walla everything is slow unless you minimize it and magic it will run to normal again...really dont know whats the problem is.....

memtested = ok
    temps = ok
    3d gaming = hmmm, ok dunno.... but all my benchmarks are ok....

4. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    What makes you think this is graphics related? Have you eliminated everything else first? To me, it seems like you have a browser cache issue, whether it is overloading the HDD, or seeking too much. I personally run my system with indexing off, windows search off, I used Auslogic to optimize my IE settings, turn off the Superfetch service, windows firewall, windows defender (especially if you already have a program)... I never run anti-virus programs as they hog resources, randomly start scanning which slows things down, scans things that are not needed like links, ect. Once you get all those services that are useless (there are many many more than I just listed) and get some things tweaked and optimized, you should be fine.

I really do not think this has anything to do with your graphics card though, unless you can put in another card or two and not produce the same results. Even then its probably not the card but a service.

I would run with a resource monitor and watch for HDD speeds, cpu usage, RAM usage, ect.

Have you also optimized your pagefile? Your harddisk could be slow or old, or have issues and when the system accesses the pagefile, could be causing the stutter. This seems like a stutter issue due to the HDD or something taking up the HDD at the time, causing a stutter. Watching resources could help you pin point the stuttering to a spike in say a service or program at the time of the stutters.

Down sizing, could affect the browser cache, as it thinks you are no longer using the browser. Going back to the browser could flush the cache, ect and that could be why you feel its better when you do that.

Make sure you have the latest flash, adobe air, java, ect. as well.

5. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    cause i see all animation im my browser to be really slow...even the new tab animation is so slow it lags...and watching videos in youtube becomes laggy...

the only solution is to MINIMIZE then MAXIMIZE the browser again which is weird...

dunno where the problem is as i were typing now it happened again....twice damn...

page file is optimized...even defragged it..
    indexing is off...
    windows search is disabled in services...

its driving me nuts...i think it is more likely to appear when i type in any text...

been troubleshooting this thing for about 3 weeks now =)
    wasted 3 weeks of doing this dumb thing, LOL.

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Have you tried to remove the pagefile, reboot then defrag the HD? Once defrag'd reinstate the pagefile.

7. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    maybe problem with flash player

8. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    Damn ive been blaming Catalyst Drivers the whole time this thing happened LOL

And now someone just said this
    ive been enlightened =)

ive been ruling out other components....especially the CPU, of course if the cpu is running 100% everything will Slowdown and found out that presentationfontcache is hogging my cpu.... LOL...

Silly me....Hope it wont go back tho its been a tiring week testing so many catalyst drivers and wait for the bug to come out...

Posting Queries in techie sites really does help a lot. Especially when you get wise inputs from the members.

9. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Well, I get the same symptoms from time to time. Stopping and starting UxSms (Desktop Window Manager Session Manager Service) seems to solve the problem, until it happens again.

Curious thing, only when using Firefox 4 (with our without hw acc) this happens.

bornagen, what browser are you using?

10. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    firefox 3.6-firefox beta 5
    google chrome 12 - 13
    ie 9

happens on all of them....on google chrome its pretty longer before that bug happens...

seems on my post above that i have solved my problem but suddenly boom!!!! It showed again....i think imma go rambo now! windows reinstall yeepeee!

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Do you happen to have AVG?

12. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    using avast now...also changed my antivirus to avira same behavior tho...

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I experience the same issue.....but only in FF4....