Cannot get Audigy 2 ZS to work properly and wont un-install!!!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Chum, Jun 10, 2011.

1. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    You can try this:

Clean boot into Windows XP:

Step 1: Start the System Configuration Utility

Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.

The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.

Step 2: Configure selective startup options

In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click the General tab, and then click
    Selective Startup.

Click to clear the Process SYSTEM.INI File check box.

Click to clear the Process WIN.INI File check box.

Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. Verify that Load System Services and
    Use Original BOOT.INI are checked.

Click the Services tab.

Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.

Click Disable All, and then click OK.

When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

Then follow these steps:

Uninstalling the sound drivers

1.Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and Add Remove Programs. Uninstall all listings related to the audio card. Do not restart the PC when prompted to.

2.Go to Control Panel and switch to Classic View. Open System, select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.

3.Click on the plus sign (+) next to Sound, Video and Game Controllers to expand the group. Highlight the sound card entries, for example, Sound Blaster Audigy WDM, right click and choose the Uninstall option.

4.If there are other previous sound card entries, uninstall them as well and disable onboard audio (AC97, Sigmatel, etc) if present.

5.Reboot the PC and cancel out of any driver installation if prompted to.

6.Insert the Creative Sound Blaster installation CD into your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
    7.Exit from the installation wizard if it autoruns.

8.Click Start, Run and Browse. Browse to Z:\AUDIO\DRIVERS (where Z:\ represents the CD Rom drive Letter), and run CTZAPXX.EXE.

If you have a Sound Blaster X-Fi card, run SETUP.EXE.

If you have a Windows Vista/Windows XP combination CD-ROM disk for your Sound Blaster Audgy SE (SB0570) card, browse to Z:\XP\AUDIO\DRIVERS, and run SETUP.EXE.

9.In the Creative Driver Update Utility screen, select Driver Uninstallation under Update Option and select WDM Drivers under Driver Type.

10.Select the option Delete all shared Creative audio driver files, and and click OK.

[​IMG]

11.When prompted to restart, say No.

Removing the remaining files

1.Browse to the C:\Temp and C:\Windows\TEMP (if it exists) folders. All files and folders in the temp folder need to be either deleted or moved to a new folder.

2.Browse to Program Files, Creative and delete the Sound Blaster Folder. If a file won't delete, right click on the file, click Properties and clear all the Attributes. The file should then be able to be deleted.

3.Empty the Recycle Bin and reboot the PC.

4.If you wish to reinstall your software and drivers, do this now. For more information on how to install your product, please visit the Product Guide page for installation instructions. Otherwise, go to the next step.

Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal startup state

After you used the clean boot to resolve your problem, you can follow these steps to configure Windows XP to start normally.

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type msconfig, and then click OK.

The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.

Click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.

When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

I got all this information from the link I posted earlier. After that, you can run driver sweeper and CCleaner to totally eradicate any traces of Creative drivers.

2. Chum

Chum Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTS 250
    As stated earlier, I have tried the clean boot method...it still hangs on...

1.Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and Add Remove Programs. Uninstall all listings related to the audio card.

3. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    K. Just for the record though, you never stated you tried the clean boot method. All you said was you tried add/remove and revo uninstaller.

I would try inserting your driver cd and run the setup utility on the disk. It's worth a shot.

4. Chum

Chum Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTS 250
    Please re-read my first post, the very last line! But, I must give you MANY THANKS!!! It was this part of your instructions shown below that fixed my problem!!!

8.Click Start, Run and Browse. Browse to Z:\AUDIO\DRIVERS (where Z:\ represents the CD Rom drive Letter), and run CTZAPXX.EXE. If you have a Sound Blaster X-Fi card, run SETUP.EXE.

If you have a Windows Vista/Windows XP combination CD-ROM disk for your Sound Blaster Audgy SE (SB0570) card, browse to Z:\XP\AUDIO\DRIVERS, and run SETUP.EXE.

9.In the Creative Driver Update Utility screen, select Driver Uninstallation under Update Option and select WDM Drivers under Driver Type.

10.Select the option Delete all shared Creative audio driver files, and and click OK.

Everything working now!!! Thanks to all

5. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    cool, glad i could help :cool: