Cannot get Audigy 2 ZS to work properly and wont un-install!!!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Chum, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Chum

Chum Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTS 250
    First off the card is working, but I cannot get all of the features to work (speaker settings, calibrator etc.).

When i try to un install the Audigy 2 in add remove progs. it hangs at 64% with error number 0x80040201 even in safe mode.

If I remove the card in device manager and reboot XP just re-installs it automaticly! (I have also tried all of these steps in clean boot mode.

2. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF

Use D.K. augigy pack m8...and stay away from pax pux pex crap if you want your pc to still work!

3. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
  4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Those older cards have alot of problems on the newer OS's. You can get a modern entry level card for very cheap these days. That would be your best bet IMO.

5. Chum

Chum Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTS 250
    I cannot find the XP download for this...

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  7. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
  8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    When I used an old Audigy 2 way back when, I always used the KX Project drivers as they are simply the best drivers for those legacy cards. The offer a great deal of options, power and flexibility the stock drivers do not.
    Shame they are not available for the X-fi series.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You should include a link to Kx in that driver thread you & Hunter made...

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yeah, I was considering making a thread about the drivers, downloads and a few screen shots of what can be done with them. For sheer DSP and audio power, they are the best...

11. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    This is part of the reason why I ditched Creative and went to Asus for my sound now...

12. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I've had zero problems with Daniel K's audigy drivers for the last 2 years that I've been using the Audigy 2 ZS. If for anything, they provide better quality than what the onboard sound provides. Still, I'm very intrigued about this "Project KX". Is it worth a try ?

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
  14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Cool :)

@ j@iDi -

Imho the sound quality is improved with Kx drivers, but you lose EAX and configuration/setup takes some getting used to.
    But def worth a try especially if you listen to a lot of music and use ASIO..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  15. G-note

G-note Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON HD
    If using the kx project drivers can u still use optical out??

I tried but the drivers with the gui it comes with was kinda confusing to use..

So i just used pax becuase it was no brainer to get Decoded DDl from my xbox360 out of audigy card to another then my headphones..

16. G-note

G-note Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON HD
    Good idea start one i have the card n was going to mod it but used some of the opamps i had for it in my X-meridian 2g..

It would be nice to start that thread..

17. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    it might be an idea to uninstall your audigy's drivers, then use driver sweeper, then open device manager, select the view menu, then click show hidden devices.
    go down the list until you find non plug and play (i think) and in there you'll find some more creative drivers.
    right click and uninstall them.
    if you want creative functional then try installing the latest drivers, or role with the KX project. i hear a lot of good things about them, but you'll loose hardware EAX/EFX/HRTFs.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    KX project drivers have a steep learning curve because they are just so powerful. The DSP page is just amazing you have effect modules that you connect up with virtual wires. All effects are hardware accelerated also.
    If you are into music quality and don;t care about EAX..etc these are for you. They take a bit of time to learn but it is worth it in the end.
    Here have a look at this:
    [​IMG]
    It has been awhile since I used KX drivers. This is a show of how many effects can be loaded using a 10KX SB Live 5.1 The Audigy 2 series cards have twice as much processing power so they can handle many more effects such as graphic EQ, reverb, Parametric EQ..etc. These driver really unleash the power of these cards. If you take the time to learn what you are doing with them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  19. Chum

Chum Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTS 250
    OP here...still having problems uninstalling creative drivers with add remove or revo uninstaller...the main part of the removal still stops at 64%. Can I just update drivers to DK without completely removing the old ones?

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Use a driver sweeper first and then install whatever driver you want.