Sli cfx bfbc2 must read!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by geeunit, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well just played some maps : 11.5b - CAP4 no problem so far ... ofc too short test for confirm it: will see later when i come back from work .

2. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire

Did you test with any of the above possible fixes? or just 11.5b and CAP4?

3. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    hmmm weird it fixed it for me

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Not really weird.
    It's called 'the difference between hardware configurations'.
    You both don't even use the same generation of cards.

5. freedumb

freedumb Member

GPU:
    4890 cf
    if you still have an ati card or 2 lying around, try the old 10.5 drivers.

6. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah. When i get my computer back in working condition i will roll back to the 10.5a with 10.5 caps. Best performence driver for BC2.

7. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Never had any black screen/texture flicker.. the only problem i get is the one mentioned above on Heavy Metal but thats a map issue that most ppl get tho i dont always have that problem,seems random to me.

Heres my graphics settings..

[Graphics]
    Effects=high
    Soldiers=high
    Vehicles=high
    Overgrowth=high
    Undergrowth=high
    StaticObjects=high
    Terrain=high
    Shadows=high
    Bloom=false
    HSAO=true
    MSAA=2
    Water=high
    MainQuality=custom
    Texture=high
    DxVersion=11
    Aniso=4
    Detail=high
    RenderAheadLimit=3
    Fov=75

8. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    No flikers here on any of the maps.. Everything runs crisp and smooth not a single problem, other then im at work and not home playing it ;).. What display res you using? You try going to 1680x1050 or if thats your res try going down one notch see if it still does it... could it be DX you try DX11, and DX9, turn AA and AF all the way up, try it off... Just a thought... Also i know it sounds weird but go and update your punkbuster to the latest and greatest version...

9. CodeNameRedNeck

CodeNameRedNeck Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 ti Amp
    I messed around over there for about twenty minutes and never had the black flash or texture flashing.

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    No special things, it's a fresh install of drivers, DX etc ..

Well i have test Atacama right now. as it seems it was where you get the worst problem ... it look ok, but with BC2, im never certain of nothing, problem can appear tomorrow ..

Just checked fps for be sure CFX was effectively working.. i got average higher of 100-110+ ( 1920x1080-8xMSAA max settings ) .. so look ok ..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

11. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    Before deleting the dx dll's in bc2 main folder i got black flash and texture flashing on all the maps. It happens around 20-30 minutes into a game. I may suspect heat issue. But i've read people with wc cooled cards also have this issue. Turning multi sampling to super sampling reduced the black flashes but texture remained.
    My short testing after removing the dll's i played for few houres without any texture/black flashing and micro stutters disappeared. I'm almoste convinced that the dx dll's provided with the game are buggy.
    It would be much appriciated if anyone with the black/texture flickering running 11.1 or later drivers with caps would try out removing the dll's and test and post results.

12. N1mmer

N1mmer Member

GPU:
    6970 Xfire
    2560x1600 8xaa Every Possible setting to maximum

2 cards (580sli or 5870cfx)
    Flickering (rare but existent)
    Textures inconsistencies with grass and terrain
    10+ second load time with PCI-E SSD
    FPS never drop below 50

One 5870 or gtx580:

ZERO flickering
    Textures perfect
    2 second load time
    FPS av goes from 100 to 50 and complex explosions and smoke dip into the 30's

X58
    12g
    nothing OC'd ever

I've tried ever driver to date for both teams so throw my data into the pot if you like. Still think its lame both green and red cant perfect multi GPU drivers for this amazing title.

BC2 is still the best overall graphical fun FPS game to date ...endofstory.com

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  13. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    i am pretty sure it is a waste of time to switch from an SLI or CFX system to a really powerfull single card
    i think i messed up getting rid of my 5870`s (CFX) for a single gtx 580 (its not here yet) im using my sons gts250 until then and that is when i noticed i was getting the same problems as i had with my amd CFX

now i deleted the DLL`s and im not getting the black screen flashes and i also dont think im getting the texture flashing
    i gonna play for a few hrs today and i will be able to tell more
    i do have bloom disabled in the settings.ini but i know i tried that in the past and still had problems but i cant remember if the problem was just the texture flashing (it might have got rid of the black screen flashing)
    i cant remember

here are my current settings