Wow, Beyerdynamic DT770's got some punch!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by kimosabi, May 26, 2011.

1. kimosabi

kimosabi Member

GPU:
    P.Color 5870 PCS
    In fact the punch is so much I had to turn down the bass. Running them on a Essence ST hooked up to a Denon PMA-510AE amp via a pair of QED Reference Audio cables. Anyone else here not digging the phat bass and turned down the lower freq a little?

2. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    My DT 770 Pro 80-Ohms do have a lot of bass.

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I told you guys,the DT 770's are the shyat! They sound incredible,with great bass but it doesn't overpower.. :) Kimosabi are yours the pro 80's?

4. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I went with the DT 150 250 ohm instead, I do remember considering the DT 770 Pro 80 ohm though, did have a chance to buy them but didn't....

DT 150 I find good for gaming & movies, I use flat EQ most of the time, sometimes I play about with it and the bass is more noticeable in films/games than music most of the time for me.

5. kimosabi

kimosabi Member

GPU:
    P.Color 5870 PCS
    Yes pro 80ohm. I love the signature, soundstage and everything but I just had to turn down the phat bass a little. Don't want it to dominate. My ears might be more chicken than yours. lol

Besides, turning down the bass just a tad made the mid freq and overall "snappyness" much much more "in its place" IMO. Love 'em.

*edit* I do not consider them great cans for gaming though, they are good but not great. For gaming. Music....music is where they rock. I find myself sitting and listening for much longer periods now.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I hear ya on the sitting and listening.. I have to tear myself from my computer. I had my brother listen to them and he was floored..He sat there for over an hour listening..lol I find them awesome for gaming myself.. Compared to the 20 other headsets Ive tried,there are by far the best.. :)

7. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Try the DT 150 if you ever get the chance, good soundstage for a closed headphone I think :)

8. spunkyXL

spunkyXL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    I just bought the DT 770's (80 ohm) along with a headphone amp..and man, now my head hurts with all this bass!

9. G-note

G-note Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON HD
    Wow thats too funny so do you like them??

I had a pair of 250 ohms n they where killer, stomping but smooth type of bass that had me say "wait a minute is that the flesh on my cheek shaking??" but very smooth.

Well even though i returned my set i just got off the phone with Beyerdynamic parts rep to order Two of those Sub Woofers to replace the tiny sub drivers in my pysko carbos because they pop click fart n everthing else.

I have to admit they are nice cans but very very bass heavy and not as detailed as others but none the less they sound good...

Just turn the bass down LOL

10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I tried some Ultrasone DJ1's I think.. They were clearer,but they were too bright for me. I'd get a headache from those. I love the 770's..

11. kimosabi

kimosabi Member

GPU:
    P.Color 5870 PCS
    Turn it down and behold. Decreasing the bass in these just makes everything come out in full blossom! I'm about half way through my music collection, takes a while too cuz I tend to stuck myself on each album. :)

12. spunkyXL

spunkyXL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    Love em..I'm a hiphop/house music head, so these are perfect. Very comfy headphones too

13. G-note

G-note Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON HD
    Yup very comfy indeed...

Perfect for house music fer sure!!

No need to even touch the bass knob EVERY!!

As a matter of fact just before you plug those cans into your audio source..

Just before the headphone jack makes connection..

You see a Bright Blue spark then you hear like some thunder n rumbles going on in the background. U turn to look out your window, outside and you wonder what the F!@~??? oh its a storm coming??..

But wait its a nice sunny day out!! Oh Well.

Next you put the cans on and Realize it was not thunder n lightning it was these damm headphones rumbling like that...

:)

LOL

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I told you guys these things were awesome! :)