AMD Catalyst™ 11.5b hotfix 5/25/2011

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mercury_22, May 25, 2011.

1. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    yes i use cap 3

edit: no need of cap for u because you use 1 gpu, look like every ppl using dx11 card and beta or alpha drivers having problem with hdr very strange thing perhaps dx 11 using too much light particle with last games don't know if nvidia card having same issue?

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Okay! yea i hope Cat 11.6 will solve the Hdr Bloom Issues :)

3. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    Dirt 3 has a graphics bug for me when changing settings to high/ultra manually. Seems to break a lot of effects and looks awful. Using the Ultra preset seems to fix the problem.

Not sure if its to do with the drivers or a game bug though. Other than that the drivers are working well.

4. xtrm_gamer

xtrm_gamer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 OC
    Guys,

A basic question.

Before I install CAP3 should I uninstall CAP1 that is installed in my PC ? or these CAPs are cumulative ?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited: May 31, 2011

5. Anvirol

Anvirol Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    CAPs are inclusive so having older ones installed serves no purpose. Only install the latest CAP.

6. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    All new CAPs include older profiles. So, yes. Uninstall previous CAPs, install just the newest one and reboot.

7. knivestv

knivestv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC
    I found this driver to be the only one with no mouse lag.

It's actually a good driver as well on the 6 series cards.

8. nitroax

nitroax Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5650M
    how can i install this hotfix in my 5650 Mobility?

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah, everything. Name something driver related and I get random glitches related to it. The MLAA bug they never fixed is really pissing me off. It's been around since before I bought my card and it's still around now in the 11.5b hotfix.

The performance in recently released games is disappointing to say the least. When AMD's flagship single GPU card gets its ass whooped by a game like Fable 3, even OC'd to 1GHz, that makes me think the drivers aren't very optimized.

That's not a very weak piece of hadware, FFS at 1GHz it should be roughly as powerful as a GTX 580 and actually outdo it in some games.

10. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i havent seen any fable3 numbers (interesting... all the talk on forums is about witcher2)

your specs say you're a single card, so you certainly have a lot less issues than CF people

other than mouselag, brink (which is also getting game patches to fix the AO drop, also affects nv), fable3, witcher2 CF lights (scaling was fixed), shift2 dark cockpit with surface format optimization enabled (this may have been seen on nv too), crysis2 object or shadow flickering (needs game patch for the last few flickers, but most were removed after driver updates), what else in a major game is there?

11. chinex9a

chinex9a Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Display Driver Problem

So after a clean install of windows and reinstall all the g73jh important drivers from the chasisty's driver CD. I decided to install the new graphics driver catalyst 11.5 because dirt 3 doesn't work well on the stock driver (some sort of color problem, am seeing blue and red paint like colors and there is no road).

After uninstalling the display adapter(then rebooting; display driver was back to VGA), using driver sweep(then rebooting) and installing ATI catalyst 11.5b hotfix from guru3d (then rebooting).

I get and error message saying 'No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is no functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware'

I don't know what to do to solve this problem. On the device manager window I see and exclamation mark in a yellow triangle next to ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series.

12. bakach

bakach Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6370M 1GB
    Hello there. I have a problem downloading the hotfix 11.5b. When I finally reach the AMD site, I click on the download for Windows 7 and it immediately shows a site like this:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://a248.e.akamai.net/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_11.5_hotfixes/amd_catalyst_11.5b_hotfix_8.85.6rc5_win7_may25.exe" on this server.

Reference #18.acd07a5c.1339938660.5bd1365

What shall I do? Nothing seems to work..

13. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    download here > www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/hotfix/catalyst_11.5_hotfixes/amd_catalyst_11.5b_hotfix_8.85.6rc5_win7_may25.exe

14. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    My first question would more be why would you want to download a driver this old?

Apart from that, see asder00's post :)

15. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    We need a zombie smilie. Talk about raising the dead. Some ancient machine you're working on?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970