Gigabyte gtx 460 soc wont start system

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by em_dinesh, May 29, 2011.

1. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC
    Hi,

Today I have installed OC GURU Software from gigabyte and then overclocked my GPU to 903/1812/2206. After that I ran 3D Vantage and then when the GPU Test 1 Starts I have so many artifacts like stars, after 2 seconds the system shutdowned. Now, My pc wont start with the GPU. If I remove the Card then the system working. So, something has gone wrong with the card using OC Guru soft for overclocking. Please somebody suggest me something to solve my problem? What should I do to get my Card working?

Thanks

2. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    um sounds like it totally failed...open up the card and look for signs of damage..check the vrm area...seems like you over stressed it.

3. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC
    what should i do now? Can i get warranty?

4. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC
    Is it possible to solve it by myself? If so please guide me. Help me

5. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC
    And one more thing I have physical damage just one LED among 6 LED's of my card has gone. It happened when i was installing the PSU cable just went over it and the LED came off from the board. I know its just an LED indicator there is nothing this can cause problem. The card was working very well even that LED absence. Its just not working after the overclock using their OC Guru software. What do you reckon about my warranty now? Please suggest and help me.

Thanks

6. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    yeah you could rma the card...just tell em it randomly stopped working...dunno if they'l accept it since you broke off a led

7. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC
    Can I say its(LED) broke of accidently when installing card? Will they consider my card for replacement? Its very sensitive I didnt even had hard on that card when LED broke. Its just a small touch went over the LED, that led to the LED to be broken. However, its not that big deal,isn't it? because it doesn't cause any problem to the card. Its just an indicator to lighten up the environment. What do you say now about my replacement? What chances am i have to get replacement?

Thanks

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  8. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    ok i guess they'l replace it..but DO NOT mention that you were overclocking.

9. ShortAlieN

ShortAlieN Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX
    See if you can get an RMA, Do NOT mention that you broke off the LED or that you were overclocking. Just tell them it quit working while you were playing a game or something. Never tell them more than they need to know.

10. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC