AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix (8.85.6 RC5 - May 25)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 25, 2011.

1. SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake Member

GPU:
    HIS / HD4850 IceQ4 /512mb
    I get no resolution options in any game when using HDMI out.

edit: nvm. Just had to switch to another hdmi port on my hdtv.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Start Menu > Run > Services.msc

Stop the AMD External Events Utility

Disable the AMD External Events Utility under the service properties.

Or open an elevated command prompt and run:
    Code:
    SC stop "AMD External Events Utility"
    SC config "AMD External Events Utility" start= disabled
    At least that stopped the Dcom errors on my end.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Still takes 6-7 seconds for the game to start...but its way better than 30 secs.

4. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Im installed 11.5 rc5, start brink with new configs and still only one gpu working, how is this possible?

5. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Mouse lag-reappeared after System Reboot :(

and Dark Cockpit is still there, I don't know where can I find Surface Format Optimization, RadeonPro seems to show it disabled in my w7 system...

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    You have Triple-fire on a 2.4 GHZ cpu?! That is your problem bro! :nerd:

Your cpu can't handle the processing load!! Or better update your stats so we can try to help you! :D

7. Ingo111

Ingo111 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570
    Same here. Even in window-mode (where Crossfire doesn't work). Also I know another person also getting BSOD with RC5. He uses a 4870 X2 as well.

8. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Umm, no. I have to majorly disagree with that one.

So broken OpenGL support isn't a major issue? What about DX acceleration and underutilized GPU processing? Just a few posts above yours, there's also a DCOM issue. Yeah, they're not major at all. ;)

What? Think about what you said there for a second... :) I'm trying not to laugh too loud. :p

A game is under production for an X amount of time before it's released. Hence the TWIMTBP logo from NVIDIA, etc., when the game starts up. The tools are given to them BEFORE the game is in it's coding phase. How else are they supposed to use specific OpenGL wrappers or even basic DirectX programming without driver support from the get-go?

By your logic, the developers for games should be releasing patches every single time a new video card driver is released then. Meaning, if I decide to play a game from 2005 and the drivers don't work, it's somehow the game dev's fault?

:3eyes:

9. pancakes

pancakes Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5870M
    Hey, could someone tell me how to install the drivers using the mobility fix?

I unzip the package, go into the drivers and it tells me that I need to use Catalyst installer in order to install the drivers. When I do, it fails at installing the drivers because of an .INF error.

I'd appreciate the help. I installed the 1.1 patch for Witcher 2, and my performance has actually gone down. (well, overall FPS went up by 2-3 according to FRAPS, but it feels very sluggish now, and it stutters, at least more than it did before. I know this doesn't make sense, but it's what happened.) So I really need this extra boost in performance.

10. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    for people fed up with drivers bug just go on the site of your gpu manufacturer and dl the last driver approved by it, every new drivers ati delivers are not guarantee to work with every gpu, ok you wont hav the last tweaks for new games but all hardware related bug certainly disapear.

11. Dilopho

Dilopho Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640MB
    It is the same problem for me. Would be nice if somebody could help.

12. pancakes

pancakes Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5870M
    Well, the whole point of the hotfix is hat it's the latest "tweak" for the Witcher 2, Brink, and Dirt 3. So your post is just kind of completely irrelevant.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could write up a small guide to using the mobile fix. I'm a little bit embarrassed to say this, but I don't know what it means when it says to install it in the directory of the driver. (can't find it) Thank you so much, whoever does it.

13. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    yes perhaps but this message was for ppl constantly complaining about same bug every new beta release. personnaly i prefer a fps lost by using old driver that having image corruption or BSOD. But hey i'm not hard to pleased otherwise i will not stick with my 4870 crossfire.

14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Witcher 2 patch 1.1 + This drivers :

[​IMG]

Game is on HIGHEST settings and 1920x1080, without ubersampling ofc

Constant 100% GPU usage and now never drops below 40FPS.

Awesome for my mid-range gpu :)

15. LordJummy

LordJummy Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire "6970" 980/1400
    Just as a note: my mouse lag problem went away with the last hot fix release. I haven't installed the may 25th one yet, and I'm scared to because everything is working perfectly right now.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You want to use the community here to vent off at when you should be communicating with the AMD about whatever problem you are having. But since they clearly stated a fix with some saying that 11.5b fixed the issue I really don't see the point. However, if you are that upset about it you can sell your card at any time and go to the other side of the fence. Here's a good place to start:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=344738
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=344719

I'm sure over there things would be good enough were problems won't bother you. You know, how people in both camps are seeing it.

So, if those threads alone clearly indicate that drivers from either side of the fence aren't perfect then getting into arguments is pointless. Users here already know about it. And a fix is scheduled for next month. ;)

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  17. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    anyone with 5970 got 2 gpus working on brink? im only getting the second gpu working, like before the 11.5b, btw brink seems to run better.

Maybe a false date with msi afterburner? so extrange, that nobody say nothing about that.

18. PcZoneExtra

PcZoneExtra Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    **** yeah finnaly!!!

Finnaly no mouse lag!!!! (ati sapphire 5850 cod version):banana:

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Your not the only one reporting this. I read somewhere that it's fixed for some. For the others Cat 11.6 will fix it.

20. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    well these drivers are running good for me.. I can finally play BRINK!! YES!! and crysis 2 runs great along with tf2 and portal 2 and metro. Just an fyi if anyone was wondering with a 5870 =]