RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Yes :thumbup:

2. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Having a problem with RadeonPro and AMD ECC.

I have Enable Surface Format Optimization disabled and AA Mode set to Multi-Sample.

Every time i run a game with a custom profile in radeonpro and i quit the game, Enable Surface Format Optimization gets re-enabled and AA mode reverts back to Adaptive AA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Running 11.5b hotfix

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    maybe it should just copy & rename the exe if it's not a steam game (could be a user option)

i dont think just that xml can handle everything, the dlls must have something too
    i cant find any reference to 'brink' in either the xml or main ogl dll, didnt the may25 hotfix add CF?

4. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I can't run Radeon PRO. Don't know why.
    Is it required to have installed Control center and Win 7 ? I have only net fr. 3.5 sp1, vcredist 2008. 2010 on Win XP.
    Every time I run it says:can't start app. profiles.
    Help

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    RP doesn't work to well with any 11.5 release in regards to not letting CCC go back to global set values.

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I don't have this problem with 11.5 RC2 and RC3 so far.

I set a bunch of settings in CCC, then setup the same settings in GLOBAL. Then I set different settings on a case by case basis for each game if need be.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Bugs with Tesselation settings, AF and geometry.
    Saved the exact same setting as global in RP, yet it sometimes sticks with the last loaded game profiles setting.

8. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Hey thanks for your response.

I realized that i didnt get this problem pre-11.5 and i have been using radeonpro since the early builds.

At first i thought it was the Von modded tweaks that i enabled but i have since removed them and still get this issue.

hope it gets fixed soon.

9. eightsheep

eightsheep Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6970M 2G
    I wonder why the "Force CrossfireX profile" under "Tweak"section in Radeon pro turn grey and unmodifiable.....

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i think you have some option in settings to enalbe profiles and such?¿

11. tamalero

tamalero Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB
    Hey japanMD, out of nowhere, the program refuses to run, the service is on, but once I run RadeonPro, the icon appears in the system tray, but suddenly dissapears, like it had crashed..

is there some sort of EVENT LOG to see what is going on with this program? and to know why it is crashing?

12. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Having lots of problems with RadeonPro after reinstalling win7. Triple buffering and refresh rate changing won't work for me, and I can't launch crysis 32bit while RP is running. Crysis 64bit still works though. Also rendering in world of warcraft is a bit screwed up, as shown in the pictures below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What did I do wrong?

13. Riou

Riou New Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 6970 2GB CFX
    For some reason, EQAA only works once I select it in CCC. Deselect it. Then restart RadeonPro.

14. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

same for me!

then i noticed that without radeonpro during loading times (or after match ends) in bad company 2 i have less stutter (mouse lag for example) and faster loading, and this in other games tested...

15. konakona

konakona Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5850
    I kinda learned to live with it, still a hassle nonetheless. The win7 x64 box this happens on is a very clean and well managed one otherwise, not really in the mood for OS reinstall just for a slim chance of getting the problem solved. Oh well :(

Then again, luckily the said computer is a secondary one, I could always open browsers on the primary one whenever I am gaming on the secondary..

EDIT: just noticed this also happens with WMP12 - instantly jumps to 50% flat which really should be and is below 5% without radeonpro. Strangely, anything that involves a GPU processs seems to do the same, and I have played around with every concievable config in the radeonpro options.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011

16. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    If you add Overdrive/Video/Hydravision support, it will be a godly application. As it is for me, a single GPU user, running both RPro and CCC is too redundant since I use Hydravision and OverDrive. Here's hoping. Anyway, the program is still great for those that need it. Thanks.

17. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    This no longer functions for me.

11.5/11.6, 5970, Vista SP2.

Any tweak or "Apply" settings action drops me to a "Unsupported" resolution/refresh rate on my monitor. (Driver crash?)

I do have the appropriate VC run times and .Net crap.

18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Someone should ask the owner to release his source files so someone can continue support as i think he has given up on it now. lol

19. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    I think John, the author of RP, is having some sort of personal problems at the moment. I'm sure once he sorts them out he will be more visible.

Life often throws a few curve balls.

20. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    im trying to get the free steam game AVA to launch as it uses the unreal engine which means no AA unless you force supersampling. I get 'requires elevated privileges message'
    how do I easily bypass this without turning off UAC for instance?

ta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.