1st Witcher 2 review is IN!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, May 11, 2011.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Turned off ubersampling and even with all the rest set to max it plays smoothly.

I'm stuck fighting 6 enemies at the beginning though and it's really tough for me. 1 with shield 2 heavily armored and 3 normal.

2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Christ, I hate FedEX! They didn't even come and knock on my door to deliver my package! They just left a notice at the bottom of my building. What am I suppose to do, sit at the front entrance so I can collect my package? Now I have to drive over there at around 5:30 to pick it up.

Lazy @SS company. USPS at least comes into my building and knocks on my door.:bang:

3. laserkatten

laserkatten Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7970

Use the magic that gives you shielding. That worked for me.

4. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I just set it from hard to easy and presto solved it.

Game looks fantastic now. :banana:

Seriously guys you all should try the dragon part at the beginning where it'll be chasing you and the king and all the flames everywhere.

Takes a load off the usual boring RPG item collecting and stuff.

The fighting is totally arcade based. Not bad at all everything is action and for now the rpg aspect is limited to item collecting.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I started out with auto settings and vsync and fps was low around 20 so fiddled around and now its up around 60..(took off ubersampling and lowered shadows n switched off blur n bloom).

I thought perf might have been better (am on latest betas). But it is running fine and is great fun so far...playing on hard is a bit of a challenge esp as the magic doesnt seem too powerfull atm and have no bombs etc...

running around and rolling seems to work though...

6. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    ah yes how did i forgot that :bang:

7. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    For me i just disabled ubersampling and left everything at max and it seems smooth. I'll run fraps to see how fast the fps is.

Btw i noticed that there's a way to instantly kill enemies, i'm not sure how but everytime you manage an instant kill a cut scene will open and you'll kill the enemy with 1 mouse click. The problem is if you're surrounded after the cut scene ends you sometimes get disoriented.

I wonder why didn't the hints teach you how to do an instant kill or the circumstances to do it.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It happens when you stun them ;)

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I get an avg of 30fps with most stuff turned to low/medium/disabled at 1920x1080. The trade off for that fps is that it runs much smoother, and yet it still manages to look this good:

[​IMG]

10. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I got 30s when lots of characters fighting and it goes into 40-50s when there's few ppl on screen.

11. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    TWEET From CAT Creator:

CatalystCreator Andrew D
    Stay tuned on the Witcher 2 CAP - we're currently looking at it (for most games the final release is usually different from beta)

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm still confused as to what cap is? I know its a profile, but is it included in the driver? Or a separate thing? Someone please explain :/

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It contains optimisations for individual games.
    The next WHQL driver that comes out will have the CAPs from the betas included in the driver.

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    so the 11.6 driver will be for witcher 2

awesome just sit and wait for the driver and some patches from the dev

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    The game does look stunning, but god my performance is rubbish. Im getting mid 20's FPS everything maxed 1920x1200. Im pretty sure thats SLI not kicking in at all, so hopefully Nvidia put out an update soon.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ubersampling isn't that optimized at the moment, and im guessing you have that enabled.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's 2x2 OGSSAA in which Nvidia takes bigger penalty, also...SLI don't work :D

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, its a combination of both those things. SLI definately is not working, and yes I do have ubersampling running... was hoping i'd be able to max it out with 2 580's, guess I'll have to wait for an update to do that.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've saw posts from people claiming 80-110fps with 2x580, though with UberSampling disabled, and others saying SLI is working, but only 70% GPU usage per GPU with 275.27 drivers.

Just installing it myself now, probably a bad time of night to do it, but im only after a performance indicator, have no intention of playing it properly.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    so no more "can it run crysis maxed out". from now on its " can it run the witcher 2 maxed out" :p :flip2: :rock: