AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix (8.85.6 RC3 - May 16)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mercury_22, May 17, 2011.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    If it is Brink make sure you have not enable that multithreading tweak with the brink config tool or in any other way.. That gave my crashes.

2. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    hey asder00 are impossible to mix the AMD Catalyst 8.85 (April 19)
    With the Catalyst 11.4 Preview (March 7) ?
    and get the good picture quality from 8.85 mixed up with the fps boost from the 11.4 ?

Greetings :D :banana:

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  3. shaftz0r

shaftz0r Guest

GPU:
    powercooler 5850
    did not help my frames in brink at all. actually made them worse.

e6750 @ 3.0
    powercolor 5850

4. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Try Catalyst 11.4 Preview (March 7)
    I got more fps whit them in alooot of games :banana:

5. StaticFlame909

StaticFlame909 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6770M 1GB
    I can confirm that this update works, at least for mobility cards. On my 6770m (overclocked 835 MHz Core and 950 MHz Memory) my FPS with all settings enabled an on high went from like 15 to 38.

6. shaftz0r

shaftz0r Guest

GPU:
    powercooler 5850
    i've actually been using 1.3 since brink came out to get decent frames. i even tried the 1.3 version of catalyst with the opengl update and it's full of fail. rolled back to 1.3 and im back up to 40-60

7. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Vista version available??

8. deathzero34

deathzero34 Guest

GPU:
    ati radeon 4850 512mb
    I tried this driver for the sake of trying it. Now Brink will Crash randomly. Although it seem like there is a performance increase, its difficult to see since the crashing is rather constant.
    Using ati 4850 512Mb. ( was using 11.5a hotfix before)

Edit:
    After playing for a longer time it seem there is a higher quality but also an increase stuttering with this fix. I'm going back to 11.5a

9. SpaceRobot

SpaceRobot Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4670
    I can't seem to install this or any other drivers now. I got 11.5a installed when Brink came out, but when I installed this RC3 nothing changed, the version numbers were still behind the pic provided. So I uninstalled the device driver and restarted, then installed the new driver (it says successfull) from the link provided and restarted, however nothing changed. Every time I uninstall the driver and restart, the first thing windows does is install some POS driver from 2009, even though I've set the option to NEVER in advanced system settings. Unplugging the ethernet does nothing because it's installing the drivers from my drive. Now I'm stuck with some 2009 "Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1" and every combination of uninstall/restart/install I try seems to have no effect. Any ideas?

EDIT: Actually, I don't even know what I've got installed at this point. I'm on Win7 64 bit and this is what CCC says I have. Can I get some instruction on how to get up-to-date?

[​IMG]

10. deathzero34

deathzero34 Guest

GPU:
    ati radeon 4850 512mb
    @ SpaceRobot

In your catalyst control center. 2 tab below the one you click to take the picture in your post.

It should be call software update.

You could also go on the website of ATI to get the driver yourself.

Edit: I mean manually. (Don't want to sound rude or anything)

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    anybody have pics of this 'higher quality' that's been happening after 11.5? what exactly can change? smoother shadows, cleaner AA?

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
  13. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Mobility Fix and Vista Support Fix

Windows Vista FIX for desktop cards (Extract this in the directory of the driver overwriting when asked and install everything via setup.exe, IF the driver fails install it via device manager.)

---

And people with Mobility Win7/Vista that can't install the driver use THIS (Extract this in the directory of the driver overwriting when asked and install everything via setup.exe, IF the driver fails install it via device manager.)

14. TrueCruel

TrueCruel Guest

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire HD4850 @512
    too bad my Driver stops working with this version if I start Brink -.- I also applied the Vista fix..

My PC:
    Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
    C2D E8400 @3.0Ghz
    4GB Ram
    2x Sapphire HD4850

Here is my DxDiag:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=16IT0IBX

15. mr_viorel

mr_viorel New Member

re

If i will install this driver RC3 i will get some improve for WoW DX11 ? im using 11.5 RC2 atm

16. SpaceRobot

SpaceRobot Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4670
    @deathzero

The tab I got that from is at the very bottom, there's nothing below it. But that's beside the point because the problem I have isn't finding the drivers, it's installing them. I've uninstalled, restarted, installed, restarted all sorts of combinations of 11.5a packages, hotfixes, etc including the one posted here, and my version information stays the same, I don't even have the "Catalyst Version" line in that information box.

I think the problem is that Windows installs it's own driver when I first restart, even though it's disabled, but I'm not really sure.

EDIT: Thoroughly confused. I just uninstalled all ATI software, restarted, installed CCC, which told me I was running 11.5, but the OpenGL version wasn't quite up to this one, so I installed the RC3 hotfix from the link provided here, restarted, and now it's telling me I'm running Catalyst version 9.7. So now I'm trying uninstalling everything, restarting, and installing just the file provided in this thread, I'll see where that gets me.

Nope. Installing just the file provided in this thread didn't give me Control Center so I couldn't check the version. Installed CCC seperately (the same install that told me I was at 11.5 last time I used it) and it tells me I'm at 9.7. It's like the link here is just a 9.7 driver. So confused.

I just noticed "ATI Display Driver" is a component of the driver I download manually and not a component of the install linked to in this thread. Problem there?

17. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    These drivers suck for crysis 2, at least for me.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No, all this has over the rc2, is a Brink fix.

19. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Sorry if I missed it but is mobility included in this or need a mod?

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    thought RC3 fixed Xfire in Brink ?

not for me