AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix (8.85.6 RC2 - May 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Brink received another update today. Try it

2. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Sorry for a little bit of confusion let me clarify, in the title you read may 12, i put that date because that is the driver date, the packaging date is 13 may.

3. voona

voona Member

GPU:
    5870 x3
    No worries mate :)

4. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    asder00.. is there any mention of an OpenGL fix cuz the OGL number looks newer than any previous driver

5. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Yes opengl is newer, but there is nothing about that in the release notes, if you read the 1st post the only new things they mention are these:

Support for additional Stereo 3D-capable displays:

Viewsonic V3D241wm-LED
    3D Projectors

6. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Thanks.. i just read Andrew D's twitter,there seems to be a Microsoft hotfix for the OGL issues,i might try it tomorrow,just waiting for the hotfix to be sent to my email from MS.

Here.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466493/en-us

7. voona

voona Member

GPU:
    5870 x3
    Ok well these did nothing for me as far as the mouse lag issue, i also noticed in the bottom right hand corner the problem is happening there as well after installing these drivers.

Good one Ati/AMD this was the final straw for me.

8. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Figured I would install these anyway since I had RC1, still no problems, no mouse lag. Brink still runs bad though max out, so I have shadows off and game on low for now.

9. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    In Brink, performance is actually WORSE than 11.5a hotfix #1 for me with these drivers

10. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so has anyone tried renaming/radeonpro'ing brink to afr-friendlyogl.exe or darkathena.exe?

11. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    hey asder could you release the Mobility Fix again??

same issue again on my laptop, display drivers do not show up in install list

thanks

12. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I'm still not able to set Vector Adaptive Deinterlace method in Video Settings of the CCC (11.5, 11.5a RC1 and 11.5a RC2). :bang:

The pink hue issue still exists too.

13. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    I think my mouse lag might be gone now. I will check on my 6870 rig before concluding anything. My Sandy Bridge rig has a 5770 in it atm and there is no mouse lag so the key will be the 6000 series.

14. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Since 10.11 driver there hasn't been a single driver that won't cause ati2dvag.dll bsod under Windows XP. I wonder why they still keep releasing drivers for this OS if they are unable to fix a critical issue.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  15. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    If you are having issues with your AGP card & drivers you should be contacting the manufacturer.

ATI/AMD did not make AGP cards past the X1xxx series and those cards stopped being supported 2 years ago. It is upto the manufacturer of the card to support it. AMD only offer a AGP driver as a courtesy since manufacturers don't update their drivers very often (or at all) which is why they are not WHQL'd since ATI/AMD did not design the cards so wouldn't pay for WHQL testing etc.

16. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I use unmodified official drivers so they are WHQL (using the original Sapphire bios). The issue is not related to the AGP interface, it happens with HD3000 and HD4000 series under Windows XP. With 11.4 and newer it doesn't occur as often as with 10.11, but it still randomly happens once in a while. I would have used Windows 7 since it doesn't give me any error related to my video card if it wasn't for the NForce 3 chipset incompatibility with dual cores (I can use video acceleration only when just 1 core is enabled).

17. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Drivers newer than 10.11 causes BSOD's on my father's XP machine with HD3200 IGP onboard. He never uses 3D, but it still happens occasionally. This was my old machine till this february, and using Win 7 with 11.1 was smooth and silk. Maybe it's time to stop developing drivers under XP, if they cannot make running 2D without bsod?

18. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Extract this in the directory of the drivers and overwrite, then install via setup.exe.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jalrdd3t5jqndqd

19. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    It looks like AMD has limited their Mobility Radeon support in this release to a few models only.
    Use asder00's mod if your Mobility GPU is not included,

Thanks asder for the update, AMD should hire a talented and passionate person like you for sure :)

20. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

Mouselag still there. And i got some flickering in MPC HC and I had this flickering since 10.10 or 10.11. Also had a lot of flickering in Crysis 2.

Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2GB OC Edition I didnt have the problem with my 4870x2.

Next time its gonna be Nvidia for me. AMD should really expand the budget for the catalyst makers. Its not fun at all to pay so much money and then have to wait several months for actually get a fully working card that you paid for.

The work of Catalyst makers really sucks. I know they trying their best, but thats obviously not enough and i dont want to suffer for it when I'm a paying customer.