AMD Catalyst 11.5 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    Since everybody was so worried about mouse lag has anyone noticed GPU acceleration in VLC is broken as in....black screen no video? Is it only me or is anyone else experiencing this?

Had no problems with the latest batch of drivers with a few exceptions here and there but I don't understand how they can break old features when fixing new one.

2. Dragontorc

Dragontorc Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Ive got the new 11.5 installed, can i install the hotfix over the top?
    and wot cap do i install with these please?

3. cig84

cig84 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD5470 512MB
    Great work man!!

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Just switch to MPC-HC.
    Still working gracefully with way less bloat.

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Does a restart work? For me, I always have to restart my computer to let my CrossfireX work.

6. xFAUSTx

xFAUSTx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770
    Hi.
    I have updated my old driver (10.7) to this one and i noticed these (new?) options under the Catalys A.I. tab: 1. "texture filtering quality" bar (performance, quality, high quality) and a new tickbox called "Enable Surface Format Optimization".
    Anyone can tell me what are these settings do and what settings are recommended for gaming?

7. FathomX

FathomX Member

GPU:
    4870x2 + 4870 (1GB)
    4870X2 + 4870 1GB Tri-Fire

Anyone tried the 4870x2 with this version yet
    I'm currently using Catalyst 11.1a. Tried 11.4 and those performed terribly.
    I couldn't run any game without locking up and a hard reset.

I will try out 11.5 tonight and post back with some results if nobody beats me to it.

8. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    That was included several CCC versions ago. For fast response, google it ;)

9. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    Hi,

I've installed 11.5 and the new video setting are not available to me, these were available in 11.4 full dynamic range 0-255 brighter white, etc,
    I've got no control over advanced video Q and Advanced Video Colour
    why are they not available to me now ?

Has anyone else got this

regards

deck.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    I tested 11.5 tonight. I was hoping for a fix of the unplayable frame rates I have in WoW using Catalyst 11.3 or 11.4.

Whether the frame rate problem is fixed I cannot say. With 11.5 every time I try to enter the game the display driver stops responding and the WoW client crashes. Not good. I am now back to 11.2, which works well for me.

11. FathomX

FathomX Member

GPU:
    4870x2 + 4870 (1GB)
    4870X2 + 4870 1GB Tri-Fire

I also tested out the 11.5 drivers. The fps in BFBC2 are definitely higher for me vs. 10.5a Catalyst.

These drivers were having a problem crashing on Win7 64 bit. (Aero) didn't like them.

The result of about one hour of game play was.. tedious. BFBC2 would crash randomly from 2min up to an hour before driver stopped responding, attempted recovery and just shut down the game (CTD).

2 more times.. the driver crashed and locked up the system. Same problem I have had with every other version of driver except 10.5a.

Catalyst versions I have tried to use without luck on my 4870x2 + 4870 trifire rig are as follows:

11.5 (Scored 11,000 3dmark06 points with trifire).. that's horrible.
    11.2 (Yet to try)
    11.1a (Hardlocks, Xfire works good, better FPS & catalyst options)
    10.12 (Good FPS, good Catalyst options, hardlock comp, CTD)
    10.8 (Very low fps, CTD, hardlock)
    10.7 (N/A)
    10.5 (Random CTD, Hard Lockup)
    10.5a (using currently)
    9.12 (BSOD, hardlock, OK fps)
    9.8 (Extreme low FPS, high temps, Catalyst options are minimal)
    9.5 (N/A)

Method of install for each driver version:
    Fully uninstalled catalyst, Driver Sweep, restart, re-install, restart, test.

Have tried disabling catalyst AI (Which makes FPS almost unplayable), setting standard / advanced with catalyst AI enabled, adjusting to low AA/AF, multi-sampling on/off, adjusted almost every option.

12. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    I'm using both still VLC can open almost any video format. I was curious if other users are experiencing this issue.

Video acceleration is still in it's experimental stages but it's a bit silly that they managed to **** up a feature that worked flawlessly since how many months?!

As for the bloat...both programs are pretty light so I don't understand what you mean by that. Only advantage I've seen so far for MPC-HC is that it supports custom filters and has native 64bit support.

13. Wojszwillo

Wojszwillo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD7870
    Everything fine, without any bugs (until now at least).

14. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    oh, fathomx, you're trifire... i'm just a single 4870x2, no major issues really

11.3 had missing effects, but that was a useless branch that got killed off

maybe i'll play bc2 these days on 11.5 whql & see what it's like

CTD in bc2 is a game issue last time i checked, happens on both ati & nv, might be CF related, same for the flickering of craters

i always install overtop

15. FathomX

FathomX Member

GPU:
    4870x2 + 4870 (1GB)
    kn00tcn: thx for the info. I'll check out the game bugs in their forums later. However, I never did have any issue with the single 4870 using catalyst 11.4..

I have done some more testing with 11.5 hotfix drivers. They are running BFBC2 in game very well. Everything on high around 50avg fps.

Noticed in the .ini file that it was set for DX11, changed it to use DX10, and have only been having CTD crash every 2 hours or so. However, the in game menu, I only get about 2-12fps, which causes me to have substantially increased loading times.

I haven't had time to check other games/issues related as of yet.
    this time I just uninstalled, restarted, then installed new.

16. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    only 50?? what resolution

can you try just the 4870x2 alone, it shouldnt be that bad & the menu shouldnt be that bad either

17. FathomX

FathomX Member

GPU:
    4870x2 + 4870 (1GB)
    Yeah, only averaging about 50fps.. Usually range from 34-75fps.
    Going to pull the single 4870 and test right now.

Maybe my power suppy 700w OCZ StealthXstream is finally pushing its max output??

Don't judge me, but only have a 22" right now.. running 1680x1050...

Will update.

18. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    could also be the cpu, CF & SLI take up cpu power http://hardocp.com/article/2011/05/03/nvidia_3way_sli_amd_trifire_redux/2

i'm 1920x1200, 4x in game AA, 8x? AF, AO on, vsync, etc max

worst fps would be on a 30+ server on this map facing this direction with lots of buildings damaged:
    http://www.kn00tcn.net/kn-bc2fps1.jpg
    http://www.kn00tcn.net/kn-bc2fps2.jpg also notice how the score screen slows things down only when it's up

stays at 60 otherwise (with little stutters as stuff loads or explodes)

19. FathomX

FathomX Member

GPU:
    4870x2 + 4870 (1GB)
    I actually used that map most for testing.
    I was using catalyst wide-tent 24 sample AA, and 16x AF, high quality everything (in catalyst). In game was using 8x AA, 16x AF, AO, no vsync, with HBAO & Bloom on.

Still, thinking I should have been getting better framerates, but I am supposing that BFBC2 doesn't support multi-GPU setups with ease.

I am using an OCZ 700w power supply with 8 fans (not including the two on the video cards, 4 hard drives, O.C'd system, 2 LCD monitors. I'm thinking that the 4870x2 + 4870 might just be pushing my PSU to the limit.

Are you using 11.5a or 11.5?

20. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    wide tent 24x AA? there's your problem

i use 11.5 whql, those pics are a few months old though

i played last night:
    http://www.kn00tcn.net/kn-bfbc2fps-11.5-1.jpg
    http://www.kn00tcn.net/kn-bfbc2fps-11.5-2.jpg
    http://www.kn00tcn.net/kn-bfbc2fps-11.5-3.jpg

so on that map if i'm facing a wide area, it goes down to ~upper 40s, server had ~30 players

think bc2 gets really cpu limited when there are lots of players, i remember turning off AA+AO & lowering rez before with zero change in minimum fps

it does support multiple gpus, but with minor glitches that dont affect fps, & remember the more gpus the more cpu usage on top of the already cpu heavy game