1st Witcher 2 review is IN!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, May 11, 2011.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    yeap and the red riding hood will bring u witcher 2 in the basket :)

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Redemption. Well done man. Bravo. U got my respect dude.

Mitzi,

lol yeah..at that price its k :)

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yea lol, saw it myself... fun stuff, there's even some dude naming himself CDProject RED and threatening people. This is a good sign to be honest, W2 is one of those games who deserves to be bought even by the most "stubborn" players because a team like CDP is pretty much unique these days.

4. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    Dismemberment has been confirmed for the final version of the game, as suggested by the description on the ESBR page, here:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31097&searchkeyword=witcher

Also some info from a polish interview on the future of the franchise:

Source:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parkiet.com%2Fartykul%2F1050572.html

I hope these guys do really make alot of money.....they truly do deserve it :) !

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got a little excited this morning when I got an email from GAME stating that my pre-order was being processed. Then I remembered that they always send those out about five days before they actually ship it. Still the game is out on the 17th right, a Tuesday, so they'll either send it Saturday or Monday at the latest. Not too long to wait really. :D

/returns to being excited!

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    bad news

it seems that the game is cracked already

7. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Its not cracked ...

It needs a 100 mb patch to play, which wont be released until the 17th :banana:

8. Chesskid1

Chesskid1 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB
    seems weird rewarding someone who always brings up that bad stuff, but either way it is a really nice thing to do. nice one redemption :)

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    the Russian version not eng so it seems :(

10. Chesskid1

Chesskid1 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB
    more info @ neogaf, about preorder numbers, game budget, etc.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429979

CDPR's reply to preorder #s

Last edited: May 12, 2011

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    How many games do I have to pirate for someone to give me a free game around here? Give me a number and I'll start right away

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Over 9000.

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Lol, well it seems regardless of pirated copies, CD Projekt can't even keep up with the amount legit copies are selling, so they are doing quite nice.

That's 111,000 not including Steam. Dunno how many have it pre-ordered on Steam, but yeah.

Glad to see decapitations are in though, was worried as you didn't see any in the trailers and whatnot.

Also guys, The Witcher 2 is -not- leaked yet. No scene release website is reporting it. Or any of the usual suspects.

A game like this most likely won't be cracked til release day, anyway. There are a few unique cases in pirating history. For example, Alone in the Dark 5 was cracked within the first day, but no one released a crack for 3-6 months to support Atari, who was in trouble at the time.

Who knows? Maybe the scene will show the same courtesy this time, though I dobut it, that was just a really weird case.

There was also a unique time in pirating history in which one game took a little over a year to crack. The longest since then was Assassins Creed 2.

But I just want all your people not to worry, it is not out on pirate sites at current.

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It doesnt matter if it get scene cracked. Someone will release the GOG version which has no DRM. No need to crack it.

15. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    Loads of questions being asked right now on Gamestops Facebook page, I will update the thread with some of the questions that were answered :) .

16. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    Okay, time for the answers:

Q: Also, will there be a preload for Steam version? If so, when?

A: yes, might be wrong (sorry), but likely TODAY.

Q: will there be weapon combinations in tw2, and if so can they be mixed in with other commands? i.e. combo part 1 -> parry -> combo part 2?

A: oh yeah, you bet! Just wait and try - the way you phrased your question tells me you're gonna love TW2. :)

Q: In Witcher 1, the thing that struck me the most was Geralt's swordplay. It was so fluid, like a dance. Can we expect the same from Witcher 2?

A: we've worked with the same stuntment this time, so animations are motion-captured with the same quality again. Also, for the cutscenes we used professional cinematic actors.

Q: will Geralt start with the equipment he had in the Witcher imported save? and if yes, which items will that be?

A: If you import your save you will carry over some of your items. For example Raven's armor. There will be also some other benefits coming from importing savegames but I don't want to spoil anything. Last but not least - IT'S NOT OBLIGATORY. The game is a stand-alone and plays perfectly for anyone who didn't get a chance to play the previous part.

Q: What are the gameplay hours like?? According to previews i hear the prologue was itself 4-6 hours long, and first game had 6 chapters i think, and game was quite long, judging by the internet rave i think u have implemented at least 12 chapters.... and since its bigger i wanna know how much time will i be living the Witcher world. [the time me and my buddies spent discussing the various different stories and decision will be even more]

A: We're estimating around 40h playthrough for main storyline. But that SHOULD be doubled or tippled... for the non-linearity.

Q: Will the other DLC packs that are not a bonus to those who bought the game be available for download or packs.

A: Let me announce that all our DLCs will be FREE. All of them. If anything will be for purchase, those will be expansion packs. First DLC (side-quest called "Troll Trouble") airs together with the game release.

Q: If u saying that DLC is free, it means what's on offer at amazon will be free for those who bought from gamestop, digital or retail?

A: No, I mean other DLCs - to be released from now on. For example Mysterious Merchant Pack (specific for GameStop) is for GameStop only now.

Q: Any plans for native 16:10 support?

A: Yeah, we'd love to - in one of the updates.

Q: One thing i have been dreading for quite a while now is the voice-actor of geralt, it IS the same as from the first game......right?

A: Geralt's voice remained unchanged.

Q: In the demo hands on with gamespot, i saw you guys were playing TW2 on a xbox controller? will it have proper integration for gamepads from all major brands?

A: X360 controller works well out of the box. Tested.

<INTERMISSION> TW2 IS PC NOW, BUT WE PROMISE TO TRY TO PUT IT ON CONSOLES! </INTERMISSION>

Q: How much did Clint's Man-With-No-Name persona influence Geralt's bad-assery this time around?

A: and how much did Geralt influence Clint, huh?! :D

Q: Advanced graphics options???, (This is mine...just to make sure :D)

A: we're PC title, right? So yeah, over 20 uber-detailed advanced graphical settings in the launcher. And even the brand new graphical mode (really power-demanding at the moment) called "Uber Sampling" (with the umaluts, if you like).

Q: Will the Uber Sampling you just mentioned be able to run on a 2600K and Dual 580¨s ?

A: would have to check with the programmers, but likely yeah.

Q: DX11 support??

A: We're DX9 at the moment.

I think Tomas was answering the questions, anyway got to love how dedicated these devs are, answering questions about the game on facebook....I dont see Bioware or iD software doing that!!! CD-Projekt Red should be a role model for other devs.....!

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Awesome. Cant wait.

18. Chesskid1

Chesskid1 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB
    thanks sAAADc

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-load comes up on Steam by tomorrow.

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    More people following Valves rules, awesome guys.