Quadro driver 270.73 is out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Infinity7_00, May 10, 2011.

1. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    This Quadro 270.73 driver does contain a game profile for Shift 2: Unleased.

2. chrisgraf77

chrisgraf77 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gts250
    very good driver for gts 250, nice frame rates, no stuttering. keepers

3. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6600 XT
    Was it just me, or did the driver installation setup finish abruptly?

I mean, it didn't asked me if I wanted to restart or anything, it just went right back to windows (while staying on 640 x 480 or whatever it was).

Had to restart manually, but everything seems ok (driver version shows 270.73, resolution back up to 1920 x 1080).

Will test some games later on.

4. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I'm not sure of your installation method. Perhaps you just installed it over the top of the existing driver.

Method I use:
    Boot up in Standard VGA mode.
    Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the NVidia things one by one starting with the least important things first and saving the driver for last and not rebooting till they're all uninstalled.
    Reboot up into Standard VGA mode again and install new driver doing a Custom Install and keep everything checked, even the things I don't want, and also choose Clean Install option.
    Reboot up normally and go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the NVidia things I don't want and reboot if it needs me to at the end of that.

5. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6600 XT
    Nahh, did a clean install (uninstalled PhysX, etc from Control Panel, then removed the driver itself through Device Manager, then booted up in safe mode, ran driver sweeper followed by CCleaner, then booted into Windows normally, then installed 270.73).

Everything seems to be normal though.

Quick question: You on 270.73 or Tesla's 270.61?

6. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    same as the other SLI = SINGLE GPU

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I was on the Quadro 270.73's for the first half of today benchmarking and noticing how they've improved over the GeForce and Quadro 270.61's but now I'm back on the Tesla 270.61's because of the smoothness and competitive advantage I see with them. I'm waiting to see if someone else notices it too but no one has said anything about this one thing yet. :eyes:

EDIT: After a few more games on the Tesla's I still can't decide between the 2 drivers and I'm going back and forth on it. Time to try the Quadro 270.73's again......

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    infinity did you read above ? SLI works on SINGLE GPU...for SHIFT 2

9. GatitoMimosin

GatitoMimosin Active Member

GPU:
    msi gaming x 3060ti
    INF for windows 7 32 bits 270.73

http://www. fileserve .com/file/4TETbAH

just delete space in link for download OK

[​IMG]

NICE!!!!! miau...

10. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    i was with 270.61 normal geforce drivers and this ones are beter are more stable this are good and the iQ is good also but the shi...... blur on resident evil 5 stil goes on

11. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I know what the fix for that is.
    This situation is similar to the situation that happened with Dragon Age 2 and NVidia.

1) Game developer needs to patch the game.
    2) Game developer needs to communicate with NVidia.

These are the type of things that got the Dragon Age 2 thing sorted out.

I think I remember that I was able to create a blur in Heaven Benchmark 2.5 by setting to DirectX 11, 4x AA, Extreme Tesselation with long Tesselation Distance, and that created it.

12. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    As I have been saying, Fermi cards seem very dependant on driver optimisations and that the game code works well for fermi architecture? That would explain why all games run so badly on fermi cards first few weeks/months after game releases?? I still cant run crysis 2 at extreme with 60fps, when my 5870 can run it without a hitch?

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    nope, its the driver r270 fault, not game or anything developer oriented.

I have it to on my old 250gts, anything above 2xaa makes blur.

Get it now?

14. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    im runing this drivers with no issues dont see any improvements so far but they run stable

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

16. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    yes becouse drivers before 270 worck good on the game

17. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    From everything I've read it appears that everything having to do with DirectX 11 has not been all worked out. If you do a google search for "directx 11 problem" you'll find many results and a lot of them are mentioning ATI cards.

Here is an interesting URL I just found:
    http://www.directx11win.com/directx-c/how-to-fix-directx-11-problems-rapidly

In the past some games would run better on NVidia cards rather than ATI cards (and vice versa) because of the way the games were programmed for shaders. I guess NVidia's Fermi is setup to potentially be able to do a lot with shaders.

In the past when Hilbert on this site has shown some game benchmarks I saw that generally the NVidia cards were doing better with Call of Duty games than ATI so I chose NVidia. In the end it all depends on how a specific game works with a specific card. If the game developer wants to be sure their game works well for everybody you'd think they'd make sure to talk a lot with NVidia and ATI both and their QC dept would test with all kinds of cards.

Here's an interesting youtube video about DirectX 11 with Tesselation Enabled vs Disabled:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uavLefzDuQ

If I were the game developer I'd have something on my webpage that says "here is how our game works with NVidia cards and here is what we communicated to NVidia and here is what they said back to us about that" and also have a similar statement about ATI and their cards.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  18. Dolfan269

Dolfan269 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    Could someone post a modded inf for Win7 x64? The one on the first page is for the 270.71s.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Strange... I used the INF in post #4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ONW5OMY0

20. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Again as other 270 drivers, very bad for BC2 ! :bang: