NASA CONFIRMS!!! Space Time Vortex DOES EXIST Around Earth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Taint3dBulge, May 6, 2011.

1. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    To think that long ago when Einstein was first introducing these "theories" people thought he was crazy and a lunatic.

2. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Not surprising. People don't like change. Or being told that their way of thinking is wrong. Especially by a high school dropout.

3. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    If Einstein would not have come up with the general and special theory of relativity, our GPS systems would be out of sync by up to 10 kilometers per day. So yes GPS uses the principles of relativistic math, whether they actually use Newtonian math and then correct errors manually, or actually calculate it in relativistic math in real time, I don't know.
    But without it, GPU couldn't be as accurate as it is not.
    Edit: They must have done something wrong with the first gen GPU systems lol :p
    Einstein's math is 100% correct, as far as we know.

4. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Says who? He revolutionized physics and they knew that back then. He expanded Relativity based upon concepts of Relativity that had come before him. Link

5. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    My understanding of what they are saying isn't just that mass of a stationary object creates a vortex, rift, stretch of space-time, that the actual velocity of the object in relation to mass.

The easiest way I can explain what I understand is that if we imagine that there is something in space-time that is attracted to mass, but when at rest, the mass has little to no effect on it, like an object floating in the water.

But if we start to move the ball in the water it affects or moves the water around it creating a wake. The difference is, in water the ball will push everything away, but with mass/velocity it pulls space-time closer.

If we through a ball in space as it passes through space-time, something in relation to mass tugs on the fabric of space-time, kind of like wind resistance, the faster that object the stronger that tugging occurs, and the more mass it has the wider or more of space-time is pulled.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Now that is still a theory that unfortunately (for the foreseeable future) we will have no way of proving.

What I am more interested is the new theory of "white holes", check it out.

7. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Interesting.. I wonder if in our lifetime we will be able to see scientific breakthroughs on such things, to be able to prove these truly do exist... I love this stuff so much... I really shoulda went to school for it..

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nope.

That was an experiment in which large gravimetric object can bend light around it. An affect now known as gravitational lensing.

Same thing you see today from pictures of Hubble Deep Space Field, where you can see Galaxies much further away being magnified by an intervening object:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Most science is brought about by observations or by simple thought. Einstein was one of the best at imagining something and then figuring out math or theory to explain it. e=mc2 is probably one of the best examples of this. It's such a simple and beautiful equation that tries to make a connection between matter and energy. The truth of the matter is, it is far more complicated and not at all 100% accurate (which is the case with most science and math.) Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) all we need in most cases is just to be "close enough."

For example, when an atom bomb goes off, it doesn't really matter of e=mc2 is spot on or not - what we know (and what Einstein imagined - and observed in the universe) is that matter has an enormous potential of energy.

When Einstein came up with e=mc2, he picked the square of the speed of light because it "felt" right - in reality it's just a really f'n big number and as it turns out it's pretty damn close - but it was only a guess and the fact is it isn't 100% correct.

How we apply math, physics and science today almost always leaves room for error. It works out for us by and large so we don't really focus on the fact that it's not entirely accurate - whatever it is being applied to. As we learn more, observe more, have practical applications to our math and science, the more refined it can become.

Why I say all this is it's very fun to think about wormholes, and vortexes, warp drive, black holes, etc, etc, etc, but the reality is scientists rarely even mention the evolving nature of science and what you learn is treated first as fact. When it's eventually either proven wrong or something more precise is put in place that then becomes their fact, and again they won't mention or focus on the fact that what they thought yesterday contradicts what they know now. On and on and on it goes like this.

So, for those of you out there who think you know facts, I'd erg you to step back a minute and just realize that everything is evolving, everything changes over time - there really are no constants. Don't think because science says so that it is ultimate truth or never changing - because it does and it will, history and logic have proven this time and time again.

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    So true, and high school drop outs have been using it as an excuse for dropping out ever since.

11. pato_721

pato_721 Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5850
    Heh, if only...

I wonder, are they compatible with Einstein's theory?

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nope.

We have found only one equation/theory that allows for faster than light travel, and it's a doozy.

The theory states that if we can build a drive that can bend space, we can use it to make space smaller/compressed in front of a ship and expand space behind the ship. The effect would be like riding on an interstellar wave.

Unfortunately, such technology is many generation ahead of our time, if it could be done at all.

13. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    So true! Einstein actually did something after dropping out, unlike today's dropouts!

14. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Well this kind of discovery will go down most likely because of NASA funding drying up

15. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    False. Obviously God created gravity you can't explain that.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    [​IMG]

Cliff notes: Nasa are playing with balls.

17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    "NASA Announces Results of Epic Space-Time Experiment "

Epic? Really, NASA uses the word EPIC? :bang:

18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    it is pretty epic, brah

19. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Yeah.. Those pictures just show the vortex affecting light, isn't that already proof that they exist? O_O

20. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Time gains from gravity are very small compared to gains when approaching speed of light.
    Still its amazing how Universe works.