Maximum pre-rendered frames

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Saifz, May 3, 2011.

1. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    What do you guy have put down for this

me i put down 3 for general and i thinking of testing to see if mouse lag goes away when using tri buffer with vsync (d3d overrider)

2. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    normally i set it at 1, and turn on triple buffering if the game supports it. normally this gives the same awesome smoothness with minimal lag (its still there and somewhat noticeable if youre looking for it, but not game-breaking).

3. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    If you're referring to that sluggish, weighted feeling while moving your mouse, that's inherent to the way vsync works. AFAIK, there's no way to "get rid of it" other then turn vsync off.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    oddly enough I have not had problem with mouse lag of any sort in any of my games, since I got a logitech mouse that has software that, controls the mouse speed and setting, instead of using the OS settings. And I always have Vsync

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Ok, can anyone tell me what settings to put in the nvidia driver, to achieve max. performance with minimal lose of quality ?

6. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    its all dependant on your system setup. Everyone will have different preferences.

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Yeah, but can you tell me a "custom-defauld-settings" just to try them

8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Not really, i don't know what spec your computer is......... or what driver you are using... (different drivers, carry different versions of Nvidia control panel, with different options)

Not sure if you're on a laptop with a mobile GPU, and old gpu that doesn't support certain things??

Everything is different depending on your setup.

EDIT: Also depends on what game you are playing too. I use the default as my global settings, and adjust a profile for each game

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  9. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    I use a cm storm sentinel advance and it software. What should i look for to remove the mouse lag?

10. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    The 'mouse lag' has absolutely NOTHING to do with the mouse.

Its the time difference that can be experienced when you move the mouse, to when the mouse movements appear on screen. It has everythign to do with dropped frames, and stutter associated with using vsync.

If your gfx card is outputting, lets say 80fps, and you have vsync on (60Hz monitor) the gfx card has to wait for the next refresh before dumping that frame out to the screen.

That could (in a worst case scenario) give you a delay of 0.33 seconds.

That is a very simplistic way of putting it, but essentially what happens.

Nothing at all to do with your mouse, or its driver etc.

This is also more noticable in fast paced, FPS games. You would not likely notice it in a RTS or RPG games etc, where split second reactions are not necessarily required.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Dont change the fact that I never had this problem since I got this mouse.

12. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Thats because theres numerous factors that affect it

Like I already said the types.oc game you play would have an effect on whether its noicable to you or not.

Also if your frame rate is close to 60fps anyway, you will have little or no noticable lag.

Is it the 9800gt in your sig that youre using?

Just because you dont notice it doesnt mean it doesnt effect others.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i use 4 by default, 1-2 with vsync on, or 1-2 there were i feel it lags a little (few fps games).

14. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    The 'lag' will be there no matter which mouse you use. I have a Steelseries Xai and I can definitely 'feel' the lag after increasing the prerendered frames.

15. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    Pre render to many frames ahead at a lower fps will educe lag in any fast changing device movment, as the CPU cannot predict movement your going to make with e.g. a mouse vs what you see on screen, e.g. 7 frames ahead at ~29fps is ~0.25sec of frames, if it drops frames to get back on track its also wasted CPU resources.

16. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    What settings has the least impact/burden on the CPU? More pre rendered frames or less?

17. jtrageser

jtrageser Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX260-216
    Really, if you think about it, most of us here PROBABLY are not worried about CPU Resuorces LOL. I have a Core i7 920 D0 Stepping Model @ 4.02 GHz stable and it's only about 20-30% in use while playing a maxed out, fast paced, FPS Game.

I'm not sure that wasting CPU Resources has anything to do with anything that anyone here is worried about... :biggun::bang:

18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I pretty much implied that i was worried with the question that i posted right before your post ¬¬

But i can guess that less pre rendered frames = less CPU usage.

19. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Same here, no issues at all with vsync/tripleB.

20. seronx

seronx Guest

GPU:
    Wani R7 XT
    Put it at 8

This is the "max" prerender

The GPU/CPU/Drivers will allocate the best amount of prerender for the PC Owner if its a CPU powered game like section 8, 8 frames pre-rendered and if its a GPU powered game like metro 2033 0 frames pre-rendered(These are extremes and not factual most of the time the driver vouches for 0-3 if you have a good system)

It shouldn't have any effect on mouse lag

Last edited: May 4, 2011