Canada Votes 2011

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by deltatux, Apr 11, 2011.

?

Will you vote this election?

Poll closed May 2, 2011.
  1. YES

40.9%
  2. NO

59.1%
  1. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Its the name of the game my man.

Sometimes you win sometimes you loose at least its democratic.

2. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Looks good....Isn't it....

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I know I know, democracy doesn't always work your way, but at the same time, it's also democratic for me to voice my displeasure of the democratic results.

Currently 90% of my Facebook traffic is trashing the majority government result. It's the Toronto mayoral race all over again where many people are against Rob Ford even though he won the Toronto mayoral race.

Apparently, I'm part of the 33% perfect of Chinese Canadians who flipped the bird at Harper ... at least I wasn't alone.

deltatux

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  4. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    @ayakaza

I've been watching every media...I'm happy that the media didn't influence people's vote...Hope you didn't vote NDP....;)

@deltatux

I know you didn't see it...But who cares you aren't in our province...Different province, different combat....

5. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    @delatux

You'll probably love Harper once you get your next paycheck in the future...

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ha! You mean when I have to fix all the screwups he's going to commit, first with C-32?

Thanks to these results we have surrendered Internet privacy, we have surrendered to corporations and we have most certainly surrendered our freedoms to unlock our cell phones we just bought, surrendered the right to unlock digital copy protection on the software we purchase for archival purposes. We also surrendered the right to have an open and competitive Internet marketplace just because of this majority "government".

Maybe that's why 2012 is going to happen, that day I love Harper and the world goes to sh!t.

deltatux

7. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    If this is what you think...Then i'm sad....But we are in a free country...So you have the right to express yourself...

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  8. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Have you bothered seeing the omnibus "crime" bill he's going to pass with this majority at all?

His government was the one that first allowed UBB in the first place before backtracking because we Canadians (ones who even cared) have been fighting for YEARS to remove UBB. The general public knew NOTHING about UBB until the week before the deadline.

His government pushed for the HST, the HST which is jacking up fuel prices in Ontario, the same HST that's been making life expensive.

deltatux

9. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Duceppe is out...WooooHoooo!

10. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    I'm watching fuel price every month...If there's much difference in your province then you should expect more than working in a McDonalds....

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I don't even work at McDonald's ... our prices jumped from 1.10 to 1.38 within the past 3 weeks.

With HST = $1.38/litre
    Pre-HST = $1.26/litre

deltatux

12. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    You should come over here and see our income taxes....You would be happy...Not...

13. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Harper jacked up the income taxes for middle income families across the board when he lowered HST and corporate taxes.

deltatux

14. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    It is 1.38 here too, but it has nothing to do with any Feds policies....

15. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    OK last one....If your crying that much against Harper, imagine with Layton...Who do you think who have paid for all the programs and ridiculous policies he wanted....Have a good night....Gotto work tomorrow to pay those taxes....

16. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Our gas is because of the HST, it would be a lot cheaper before HST, Ontario only paid the 5% GST before HST kicked in, now we pay the whole 13%.

We're paying for all these Harper programs, since he took power in 2006, the Liberal surplus of 115 million went down the drain to a billion or so in federal deficit and is still constantly going deeper into the deficit. By lowering taxes and increasing spending, where will Harper get the tax revenue to keep this country afloat?

I for one will be even more pissed if he cuts spending on useful things like healthcare, the EI, pension plans and everything we Canadians have cherished all these decades. The hard fought battle of Tommy Douglas and thousands of Canadians across this great nation would be in vain if Harper and his "government" decides ... oh corporations need to be richer so we can't tax them, and we can't get money ... ok *slice*.

I don't quite support the NDP but I would support them over the Conservatives, especially with Harper at the helm any day of the year.

deltatux

17. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    I never wished for Quebec to seperate from Canada but seeing a conservative majority makes me wish we were not part of that country.

18. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    So far the count is 7 people I know voted Conservatives from my family and friends, the rest are Liberals and NDP (so about 95% others and 5% Conservatives).

deltatux

19. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    I could include Ontario in my country hahaha. I don't know what Harper told to the west side of Canada to get so many votes.

20. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX