AMD Catalyst 11.4c Hotfix (8.84.9 RC2 - April 27) Win7/Vista/XP x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    I'm sure they will now with the new patch going live. Now hopefully with Crysis 2 patch coming out sometime soon to support DX11 and hopefully a lot more, we should see a CAP fix for that too.

2. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
  3. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Can anyone upload the "atig6pxx.dll" from the Catalyst 11.4 WHQL Win7 x64, you find the ddl, in the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.

4. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    mobility mod please!

5. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
  6. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    99% GPU Usage bug, is here!

7. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    Don't use these then & go back to the official 11.4

8. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    They were compiled later, but from an older branch to fix a specific issue with the HD6600's. People should stare themselves blind at the date & time when it comes to drivers since in this case it may be the newest compile, but it's actually an older branch that they worked on to fix the bugs, making it obsolete for anyone except 6600-owners.

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Catalyst 11,5 non-WHQL should be available real soon :) The optimisations in the 11.4 RC's from March that didn't make it in 11.4 will probably be in there (just an assumption).

If one were to suggest the promised optimisations were to occur evenly, you'd expect April, August, and December releases would have the cumulative stages of optimisation. I think ATI would want to push the last ones a couple of months before Christmas, so say the final stage 1 is in 11.5, I would suggest the final stage 3 will be fully implemented in November. Using this as an assumption:
    11.4 / 11.5 (Completed stage 1)
    11.7 / 11.8 (Completed stage 2)
    11.10 / 11.11 (completed stage 3)

So, assuming stage 2 will be mostly implemented (if not completely for bug ironing reasons) in 11.7, and the preview drivers are released like with 11.4, we should see stage 2 preview drivers sometime earlyish next month (June).

11.5 would therefore suggestively be a bugfix release + minor optimisations + any left over stage 1 tweaks. So, there would be performance increases but not substantial.

The July release makes sense for stage 2, as people who just start getting the AMD Bulldozer CPU's can make use optimisations for that processor (which will be quite complete one would think) utilising any of the following which would be useful: AVX (Intel SB and AMD BD), FMA4, XOP, CVT16.

That fits in with a stage 2 release being 11.7.

10. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    is the mouse lag fixed in these?

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No, mouse lag fix is coming in a couple of weeks.

12. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    Lovely, guys when you find a bug in any catalyst ( e.g. 2D/3D clock , mouse bug , 99% usage to name a few ) I wouldn't expect it to be fixed at all, those catalyst clowns might skip an annoying bug in one release, but it will definitely come back in later ones, they have been doing this for years now so don't expect that bad habit to change any time soon..

I only hope that those idiots don't introduce a new bug with every new release ...

I -by the way- still have an AMD GPU in my laptop, and I still wish I could replace it with one from the green team, without replacing the whole laptop of course...

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Of course Nvidia has never had a driver issue, right?!

This is generally what happens:
    AMD = Minor bugs that affect some people
    Nvidia = Major bugs such as BSODS and burning cards out, but fewer instances of them

AMD = Frequent driver releases across all 'supported' GPU's
    Nvidia = Reasonably frequent WHQL drivers for flagship GPU's, the other supported GPU's may a couple of times a year. The rest of the driver releases have no guarantees on them that they'll work correctly.

A 'Nvidia Fan' is akin to an 'Apple Fan', the products are perfect no matter what crap they put out. Bugs are 'design features', its the users fault if the product or in Nvidia's case, the product and driver don't work properly.

In the case of ATI drivers and laptops, all the Nvidia's fan arguments are false. Basically manufacturers tipped ATI's hand and insisted they provide their own drivers, which of course meant they were never updated. Its a good think AMD told them to go stuff themselves recently and now have a mobility driver each month :)

14. silis

silis Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
    Yeah, what comes to gpu's i like to keep both vendors.. had to sell my nvidia gpu to get my intel system up and running. Going to buy nvidia again when i get some money, gtx 570 mayb.

15. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Ive had more issues with amd's crossfire drivers then i have ever had in my entire life

Last edited: May 2, 2011

16. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    And I never had issues with their crossfire drivers, and lets face it most people who buy ATI and are here, have issues, or else they wouldn't need to post, most people don't read both nvidia and ati forums, and I've always had stuttering issues with nvidia, so if I just went by forums, it would appear that the majority experience the exact opposite of my experience, when the number of cards sold, to those who have issues is quite small.

17. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    a couple of weeks? its been months and we stilll need to wait a couple of weeks for the fix!

bravo AMD

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  19. silis

silis Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
    Yes, if i remember right, i did get it with my nvidia gpu too.

20. schnopsnosn

schnopsnosn Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870 @ 900/1200
    haha yeah.
    good old times with my geforce 6800...
    back then i had to use three drivers just to get all my games running(game A not running with driver B and C, game B not running with driver A and C, and game C not running with driver A and B...) :nerd: