Need to Know In Less than 30min! Which one should I buy? PNY or Gainward FX Card???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Solaris, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Solaris

Solaris Guest

Must know quickly. Which one of these Geforce FXes 5800 Ultras should I buy?

Is one quieter than the other or does one perform better than the other?

2. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

I Had Bad Experience With PNY Get The Gainward.

3. Kabar

Kabar Guest

we will just pretend you did not suggest a ATI.

4. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    Gainward = Top quality and performance :D Atleast in my opinion

5. Junk

Junk Guest

no we won't. that's a valid suggestion.

6. Torn

Torn Guest

From everything I have read and seend, Gainward is one of the better card manufacturers.

7. Troub

Troub Guest

I have the Gainward Ultra card and I'am one Happy customer. Just upgraded from my Ti4600. The imgae quality on this card is very nice. I don't know about the PNY Ultra but I would deff recommend the Gainward if you are going to get a geforce ultra

8. vasot

vasot Guest

Stop acting like Nvidia psychos:D :p
    The Hercules 9800 pro is a very good Choice for a High end card
    ATI is not like the "OLD ATI" anymore...

But if he wants a NVIDIA card with the hyped Nv30 thenGo for a Gainward. Because it is good as the other said above...
    But except that has a Silent Flow fx and that is VERY GOOD
    You do not need a noise MOTORCYCLE when you play 3d games???
    SO i agree go for a Gainward model or much better wait for Nv35 if you are not so hurry to buy a Graphic card

9. Junk

Junk Guest

vasot,

you really have to be one of the most unconstructive people that i've ever had experience with. you have 300+ posts, and i'm sure most of them are based on you fighting with people who prefer nvidia because you support ati. you're just as much of a fanboy of ati as others are of nvidia, so stop being a hypocrite..

10. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    It doesnt matter which GeForce FX 5800 Ultra you buy, since all the Ultras are made directly by Nvidia. get teh one with the best price or bundle. any probs ppl have with either card are cause they were unlucky and got a bad card fro Nvidia, not PNY or Gainward. I have the one "by" PNY and it works fine.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2003

11. clammy7777

clammy7777 Active Member

I think Nvidia and ATI both have their advantages. ATI is starting to improve rapidly...which I believe that has surpassed Nvidia in performance terms. However, Nvidia has very stable cards...no competition in that.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2003
  12. vasot

vasot Guest

I am a fanboy???Just look your face in the MIRROR to see who is the Hypocrite...

I sugested to him to wait for the Nv35 better if he wanted a Nvidia card that will probably WORTH the MONEY if i was an ATI fanboy i would tell him GO for a ATI card only by any means necessary....
    My arguements are with a small ammount of people like you that "troll around" and post smartass hitler-posts like that

Hey <<BOY>> by the way i am an owner of a ASUS Gf4 TI4400.I am not with NVIDIA but neither with ATI
    I am with what is the BEST and worth the money for it and yes these time ATI has the best sollution with 9800pro as before some time Nvidia had the best sollution with Gf4

Next time please before accusing people and say them "FANBOYS"
    just read better or else STFU
    ------------------------------------------------------
    By the way go hide your face in a TOILET or something because your face in the picture in the AVATAR makes me :puke:
    Dwarve-face

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2003
  13. clammy7777

clammy7777 Active Member

Yeah, Vasot, I think u r right...At this point...ati is much better...performance/price wise.
    Sure, Nvidia is a bit better at really high resolutions...but...I don't think that many ppl play games at 1600x1200. Unless if they just want a good card to play w/ the 3dmark scores.
    Yeah...and Nvidia ruled the Ge3 and Ge4 era...where ppl abandoned 8500 (even I did...i bought one and returned it). But now...I mean...honestly man...If you've used or ever seen a recent ATI in action...I don't think u'd even consider nvidia anymore.
    I own a ge4 4600 8x and ati 9500 pro btw.

14. vasot

vasot Guest

I have seen a Hercules 8500 in action with latest drivers(My cousin has one) and was very stable and with very good image quality
    Surely suprised me i always thought that ATI was poo until i see the one with my cousins...
    I can imagine a 9500 pro how can 'handle' i guess :D

As about Geforce fx handle higher resolution better with latest drivers....
    ATI is going to announce the CATAL 3.3 as i heard

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2003
  15. clammy7777

clammy7777 Active Member

haha, yeah...I was surprised too...It took me a lot of courage to go ahead and buy my first ati card... (i had a tnt2 M64, Ge3 ti200 128MB, Ge4 TI4200 64 4x). Wow, ATi is a lot diff from Nvidia...but O boy, I love that difference. I went to my friend's room to test my vid card...He had a Geforce4 ti4200...He's a comp noob...and he thought that the 9500 pro I am putting in his comp is like a super vid card or something...then he said to me, "Damn, I can see the diff already." I told him, "dumbass, u have a ge4 ti4200...it's supposed to be almost the same level." I said that cuz I thought there wasn't really a diff...since I mean...Nvidia's gotta be better right? But then NOoooo, when I put the Nvidia back in...goddamn! everything started to fall apart...warcraft3, doom3 alpha....gosh...

16. Solaris

Solaris Guest

Well I went against everyone's wishes and got a PNY Vetro =(

O well :)

17. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    NO FROWNY FACE!! I have the PNY flavor FX and it awsome! Enjoy!