My gmail account was accessed illegaly what do I do?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Zeppo, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    I logged into my Gmail account today and noticed that there was a red bar at the top saying "your account seems to have accessed from Japan".

I clicked on the link and yes, some cock s*cker from Japan has hacked my account. I have changed my password and taken note of the IP number of the person got into my account. it's dion.ne.jp:113.145.117.171

What should I do now? Do I report this to google? Also... how do I send something nasty to that IP address?

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Report it and don't bother trying to do anything to that IP. Whether it's static or dynamic if it was the guy's real IP (which I seriously doubt) it's changed by now. It's probably a proxy or VPN anyway.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    sorry to hear that ...
    lately i hear only this,google accounts being hacked....
    i have a gmail account linked to my smartphone...and so on...
    lately i have some paranoid visions about beind hacked
    what to do?

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Change your password to a long and tough one which you'll remember.

6. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    I got a solution. Works well for me, DONT USE YOUR REAL INFO ONLINE. There is nothing in all these years I have HAD to do online with personal info. I DONT bank online and I DONT have any "true" personal info online.

7. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    change your password to something difficult and

[​IMG]

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

+1

and use a looong password with upercase , lowercase, numbers , letters, and special symbols,,my passwords are around 12 - 20 signs loong..

something like this here:

9. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    ^
    yeah who wants to sign on with a password like that lmao
    personally, i have a hard time remembering my passwords as it is and they're not really complex at all. never got hacked though

generally if hacking happens, that means something on your part was already compromised and things just follow on from there
    not saying this was the case, could be google's fault but bruteforceing is so 2003

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I wonder whats going on with GMail , Hotmail , yahoo and all this free email services , i have heard so many horror stories lately (like in the last 6 months or so) including myself as a victim of fraud and identity theft by a hacker its really something we should put more attention to , theres got to be a better way of keeping our emails safe , at OP i feel for you bro , i was in the same boat not so long ago :/ , i think the security of this free services its minimal at lasts , dont know but i have seen an uprise of this hackers targeting normal people thru their normal emails. Just be careful guys.

11. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    So you mean report it to Google like they reported it to you :3eyes: I think google knows mate.

12. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    @windtalker. Nope, that is just an automated message from the service.
    Its not the same as making an official report that there might be a problem.

13. Aeny

Aeny Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6950>6970
    It's quite sad to see accounts getting hacked, seems to happen more and more these days. Luckily I still didn't have mine hacked (yet).

Anyways, a "security" measure I can suggest is making 2 accounts. Use one to register everywhere, use the other only to fetch the email from the first account. If the first one gets hacked, at least you'll still have all your old mail sitting on the other account.

Perhaps you can also set up the second account as a 'recovery account' (don't know the exact term) for the first one, so that you can recapture the password that way in case of a hack. Perhaps bring more addresses in the mix.

Besides having a difficult password, use an unique one for your email addresses.

That's all I can think of for now. *goes to change passwords* :biggun:

As for what you can do, I'm afraid all you can do is change your password?

~Aeny

14. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    omg my acct was hacked wtf do i do b/c im too stupid to change my password or make it someone unique so it doesnt get hacked easily ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. go CRY TO PEOPLE ON APPLE FORUMS

15. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    the hell is wrong with you? just don't post...

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    What does Apple have to do with Gmail? You do understand they're two different companies right? What an awful troll attempt.

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

Back on topic:

It seems that these are random attempts to access peoples accounts and lift bank information, etc from them. Not hijacks, more like a backroom mug.