Geforce 270.61whql driver!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GaryX, Apr 18, 2011.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I would say 3go, 2go will cause a lot of HDD paging in modern games.

2. Fluffbutt

Fluffbutt Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX560 Ti SLI

Yeah, sorry - I understand now, and agree.

If it was just the gpu score, then I'd say my analogy works, but when the gpu inflates a pure cpu score then that cpu score has no meaning.
    A slow cpu with a NV high gpu might have a higher score than a top end amd cpu with a normal gpu.. stupid idea!

(The car analogy would be testing the tyres for longevity and having a powerful engine making the tyres last longer.)

Thanks for clearing that up.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm not defending any theory, and i personally think having many driver branches is a good idea, but if fixing an issue on a new game, means breaking something on an old game, then so be it.

In an ideal world drivers would add fixes to new games, while retaining fixes from older games, but from personal experience, and from reading other user experiences, be it with AMD or NVidia hardware, that never has, and likely never will be a reality.

As for the customer always being right, never worked or been involved with a company that believes this internally, and one is even bigger than Nvidia, they just say that to humour people, so in my experience the customer is always wrong until they can prove otherwise.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Looks like you don't have a clue how the whole customer is always right procedure works when it comes to selling/presenting products.
    And btw that's with all companies and stores be it hardware, software or even cloths/shoes..

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, that is just crap companies tell customers to keep them quiet and subdued.

If the customer was always right, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

6. Lightmgl

Lightmgl Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC SLI
    I had these issues with my EVGA 460 and solved them by creating a custom resolution with 59.94 FPS and then going into my monitor display properties and setting it to 59hz.

The 270 series drivers actually took care of the problem for me too. The problem was also alot better when running D3DOverrider instead of enabling VSync with in game options.

7. jimmy234

jimmy234 New Member

GPU:
    msi/9800gtx+/512mb
    hi guys i just install driver nvidia 270.61 but i check on gpu-Z there isn't thick on open CL?? why??

8. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Sorry man i use a lot of the physx effect in game that i have. If you check the list you will see there is a lot of game that use it. I have a gtx580 with a gtx460sc for physx and bulletstorm, batman etc... gave a nice physx effect. :banana:

9. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    There are very few games that use Phys. If you take into consideration of how many new games have been released since NVidia introduced PhysX theres very few games with it enabled (I would think between 5 - 10% of games have PhysX). Which is why I stopped using a second GPU for PhysX.

10. hanson

hanson Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING/3G
    Hmm i found that in AC brotherhood there are flickering at small object, but seldom is it bug from this driver? or my vga's oc is not quite stable? in crysis2 i think there is no problem .... game runs smooth without error/artifact/bug :)

11. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    Rule 1

The Customer is always right.

Rule 2

If the Customer isnt right see Rule 1.

:)

Also great driver but the quadro version is better

Resident Evil 5:

nv_266.58: 74.7 FPS
    nv_270.51: 77.1 FPS
    nv_270.61: 78.4 FPS
    nv_270.61_quadro: 79.7 FPS

Cryostasis:

nv_270.51: Min 29.7 FPS; Max 121.3 FPS; Avg 46.3 FPS
    nv_270.61: Min 30.9 FPS; Max 125.6 FPS; Avg 46.1 FPS
    nv_270.61_quadro: Min 30.9 FPS; Max 130.5 FPS; Avg 46.8 FPS

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    yes, otherwise nv wouldn't listen dont you agree?? You brought them the money and they have to listen or they're gonna lose customers, simple as.

yes we wouldn't, but since you don't know what you're talking about that's why we have it, your bs logic kicked in and had its course.

btw, i worked in a sports shop so i know a thing or two how this customer is always right thing works... every visitor is a potential buyer so yea.. and like i said it doesn't matter be it SW, HW or even food and shoes and clothes..

And now it ends here. Bye.

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    They're fixing dx7 issues brought on by new drivers and a new operating systems, not fixing dx7 games that didnt work for a decade.

The issue was that many dx7 games didn't work on win7 64bit drivers.

It helps to know a bit on something you talk about.

its the engine. i've had minor flickering in AC games across many different drivers and graphics cards.

14. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    I got major problems with this driver. Drivers stop responding even when using desktop. I haven't had this problem for years and thought Nvidia got rid of it heh. Also got problems with several games rubber banding and artifacts.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Going by that, then that means because i’m a customer, im always right.:nerd:

So if I want Nvidia to ditch support for older games to prioritise work on newer ones, as a customer im entitled to that opinion, so I will be nagging them as much as possible to do so, but since the vast majority of people think Nvidia drivers are fine as they are, they may not listen.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Can anyone comfirm if the monitor looses signal with the Resident Evil 5 Benchmark (4th section) ?

Dx10 only problem,dx9 works fine

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  17. stanglx

stanglx Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX470
    Are you SLI? Because I am having the same issues.. whts funny it happens more often at the desktop and less in games... I have a GTX470 SLI.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    No.
    Such things can go (are going) perfectly fine in parallel.. sometimes it goes smooth, sometimes it hickups and we get a mess like now atm or with certain branches..

nvm im done talking to you about this, you can't seem to accept certain things and lest leave it at that.

could be something with AA, i get blurry image if i select anything above 2xAA, its fine on newer gpus but still maybe there is some AA glitch..

Edit: they're fine here @dx10, even at 4th bench but yea i need to use 2xaa otherwise i see blurry (out of focus) image..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I never leave things at that, especially when my work day is slow lol.

Though for the first time in a while i do genuinely believe (and not just trying to get a rise) that older games should be of much lower priority than newer games.

Even 6months ago i would of felt confident that Nvidia would have drivers for a game on Day 1, now i don't, and i keep seeing the same games listed over and over, which has had me hovering around the AMD driver section alot more.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    lol

The whole point about this is, if they break something that worked before its their job to fix it again, what can't you understand here...

Now drop it already, this is to much off topic.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011