turtling drivers

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Tranceholic, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    WOW turtle drivers move the **** out of the passing lane or pull over please!
    mr. "late-for-work" is tailgating you in the passing lane and there are 2 cars distance before you.
    /rant

2. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Is turtle doing the limit or under the limit?

3. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
  4. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    THAT WAS AWESOME!!

I definitely lol'd at that hahaha. That said, it drives me mad when slow people drive in the fast lane.

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And I hate when little turds tail my ass in the left lane.

I'm already over the speed limit, I'm not going to go supersonic for your stupid ass. Don't like it, fly.

What I always do to drivers that tail me is that I slow down slightly and then speed up. Rinse and repeat. After a few times they get the message and back off. If they don't, I drive like I hate the gas pedal.

What's really nice is that at night, I can turn on my rear brake lights without actually using the brake (control in car). Scares the crap out of tailgaters when the brake lights come on.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    one morning i woke up in a terrible mood for no apparent reason and what do ye know? that day a fecking idiot was driving like a turtle and wouldn't move as i was driving to work, there was a left turn a few meters ahead, so i pulled down the side window and pepper sprayed his face, then took the left turn and disappeared without a trace.

if i wasn't in such a bad mood i wouldn't've never done it, at most i would've mumbled a few curses or something.

HA! i bet from now on this guy is going to drive with the window closed. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  7. memorex11218

memorex11218 Guest

Umm, Year, I don't know where you live but that's considered assault around my parts and will get you a nice chunk of time in jail. Furthermore, you've endangered everyone's lives on that turn because the other guy can't see while he is driving a fricking car. I hate turtlers just as much as the next guy but damn be sure that your actions can't physically hurt other people.

My way of scaring the crap out of them so that they move next time is to pass on the right with an inch of clearance between us during the entire pass. If I'm driving my work car which i don't care about, knock the side mirrors together. For you its an easy fix if it closes, but they need to pull over all the way to the right to fix it.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    well, both turtle people and speedy gonzales people ..damn them all.

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm a very calm very self controlled person and 99% of the time i don't mind the turtles no big deal, he just caught me in a bad day as i said, unfortunately in a moment of rage human beings sometimes do things they regret later, thats what happened to me and i definitely regretted the action.

i couldn't stop thinking about it, was so frustrated i had to leave work early and go home, didn't even eat or say hi to anyone, just went straight to bed and slept. sucked arse. :bugeye:

10. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I just got my license and I feel I'm the opposite of a turtle driver, I'm confident in my skills and I'm not "afraid" as some people are. I do drive safe though.

11. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    Come drive down to Baltimore (city) with me. 95 S past 695 (beltway), past 895 / 40, through the Fort McHenry tunnel, then right in to the center of the city. That's where the datacenter / web host I work with is.

According to CNN it's the 5th worst metropolitan area / city to drive in.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/autos/worst_traffic_congestion/index.htm

You just gotta suck it up and realize you're not the only one on the road and that other people are probably just as angry as you. You're not the only one who hates bad / slow / wreckless / female drivers. I have to bite my tongue and get fresh air so many times during my commute to and from work and with rising fuel prices it just piles on the stress.

I know exactly how you feel and share your pain. I wish they would hand over these construction jobs to private contractors instead of pissing away my tax money on useless state-employed workers who just soak up the money and don't finish their jobs quickly (and not just with roads!). Then at least I'd be able to move over a lane (right or left) and pass the old crone / drunk driver / sleeping driver / female :)

Good luck to all of us.

12. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I hate people tailing behind me when I'm already 10 miles over the speed limit. So **** off.

13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    nice thread
    i live in a small town on Spanish coast,many many tourists,and mostly old aged,moving around in rented cars,and without GPS,trying to figure out where to drive....and in southern Spain road signs are rapidly disappearing
    just picture this :bang:

now, back from work or going to work is a pain in the ass using your own car
    turtle drivers you say.oh my..
    so just to keep my mental state in normal levels i use public buses,cheaper ,faster,and hey, i can read Guru3d on my smartphone:banana:

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Not really a problem for me in here. Isnt that huge place with loads of traffic.

I dont have a car and when I'm riding my bike, I'm on a good mood :)

Tailers, well, shift down and let engine go to 10k rpm, no sane person will want to listen that without ear protection :p
    Or I let them pass, or accelerate...

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    err just move out of the way. Unless it's a barricade of cars in a row going slow with no escape, then I'm like yeah WTF.

16. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Some people drive like they are racing every other car on the road. I can't stand it. I usually drive in the left lane because I like to go above the speed limit. If someone starts to tail me I will get out of their way no problem. It's when the traffic in heavy in the morning/evening and every JAcka$$ is on the road on my ass flashing their high beams at me while the jacka$$ beside feels it's a good time to rty and mach my speed. PAss me if you want but for the love of god don't just drive right beside me so I can't pass you!!!!!!