Geforce 270.61whql driver!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GaryX, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

Didn't install in safe mode, bro.

Uninstalled, rebooted into safe mode, ran DS, rebooted, tried to install.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
  2. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I just posted comparison benchmarks of GeForce 270.61 vs Quadro 270.61 in CoD Black Ops in the Quadro 270.61 thread. Surprising results.

3. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    I don't know then. You should probably make another thread dedicated to your problem.

About DiRT 2, for those asking. With drivers 270.61 I've played 5 races, some with the Steam overlay enabled and some with it disabled. Had no problems at all. DirectX 9 as I'm on Windows XP 32. Also I have the sound software that comes with the game uninstalled. I'm using the hardware sound mode in the game.

4. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

Got it all sorted and this worked like a charm,

1.) Download the latest Windows install shield software from Microsoft: (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F- 60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en)

2.) Uninstall all display drivers, reboot in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper from Guru3D (http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup% 29-download-1655.html) removing all your display drivers and PhysX drivers, reboot in normal mode.

3.) Make sure the process "msiexec.exe" is stopped (CTRL-ALT-DEL and find it and terminate it) if it isn't already.

4.) Run the install shield installation file you just downloaded from Microsoft and install it.

5.) Reboot your computer

6.) Install the latest Nvidia drivers

7.) Reboot your computer

8.) Win!

5. manufans0607

manufans0607 Member

GPU:
    Sparkel GTX570
    Of course on DX 9 mode Dirt 2 not crash at all,,,THe problem is only on DX 11 mode, it always crash and I think it's not hardware problem because it crashed while loading not while we are in racing

6. Bobnar

Bobnar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 XC2
    I have to say I am liking the higher min fps from the 270 drivers, but I have this weird issue where both my monitors flicker and then go black for a few secs every time I alt tab out of any fullscreen app. Is anyone else having this issue running sli with two monitors ?

This only started with the 270.xx geforce or quadro drivers :chainsaw2:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I played DiRT 2 for a couple of hours tonight (DX11, 1920x1200, 8xQCSAA, maxed settings) and had no issues whatsoever running on these drivers.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    must have something to do with sli then, i can't get past the loading screen in DX11. oh well, DX11 adds very little vs DX9 ....

9. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    It's nice to see people playing Dirt 2!! ;-)

Looking forward to Dirt 3, as long as that runs okay i'll be happy :D

10. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    shi............ they have not fixed the problems in resident evil 5 problems on rendering in big explosions the dead zombies stay on the lcd but only phisical and that blur oh my good when wil they fix this crap they fixed lost planet 2 comon nvidia

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It makes me laugh when they say that this new driver increases performances for these set of cards in several different games... and half the games are about three or more years old....

Otherwise, good drivers not much different from 270.51

12. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    i have texture corruption in prince of persia 2008, Assassins Creed Brotherhood and others games, probably is for my old vga. Thanks god, my geforce 560ti arrived this monday only then i will test this drivers.

P.D sorry my english i'm colombian guy.

13. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    I installed this drivers in safe mode and have no problem at all (7 x64).. Dirt 2 is ok in the menĂ¹, wanna me try while racing?

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    the only fix for now is to use 2xaa...

I have the same problem with this out of focus burring @250gts, as soon as i set anything over 4xaa i get this bs, that includes 8xcsaa, 16xcsaa..

No aa or 2xaa is fine..

15. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

False comparison.

NVIDIA Update simply notifies you about driver updates, so you can grab them from NVIDIA.com. It doesn't install them for you.

That said, it does download and install non-Stereo profile based updates for you. So SLI profiles, AA profiles, SSAO profiles.

16. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    imo the beta version is better. so far ive had the driver go into 2d clocks while gaming and 1 random blackscreen while gaming. didnt get 1 single issue with the beta. also the beta is alway at 99% gpu usage but the whql hovers around 96-97%. back to the beta for me.

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Just for your info, CSAA doesn't work in the game at all. The developers did not implement it correctly. It's implemented the same as 8x MSAA... it's just the GUI text that (incorrectly) says CSAA.

If you grab a screenshot of the exact same position, and diff them as PNGs you'll see there is 0 pixel difference.

So just tick to the MSAA modes. The 8x CSAA modes are just 8x MSAA and the 16x CSAA mode is totally broken; The game requests an invalid AA sample count, which implies that they are not even properly enumerating the supported modes and have instead hard coded some bogus sample value, which DX knows the hardware doesn't support and so it falls back to 1 sample (aliased) mode.

18. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Strange i have DTS-MA and DD-TrueHD on my Geforce GTX 460 1GB from
    the beginning, thats more then 6 mounts ago.

I can play movies with DTS-MA and DD-TrueHD just fine with Media Player
    Classic - Home Cinema and ffdshow.

Here is the forum to configure ffdshow & MPC-HC, so you can hear DTS-MA
    and DD-TrueHD:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/02/guide-setting-
    up-bitstreaming-with-your-windows-7-htpc-part-i/

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The GTX460/560 support it, but the 570/580 doesn't, and no ETA when/if it will.

I'm guessing they thought the 570/580 would never be used for anything HTPC related, but i think they are wrong, it nearly put me off getting the 570, but i've decided to build a dedicated HTPC over the next few months anyway.

20. streetb

streetb Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 275 OC
    Crappy drivers for BC2, the screen keeps flickering constantly. Rolled back to 266.58 and BC2 works perfectly now! Go figure!!!