AMD Catalyst 11.4 (8.84.1 April 5) Win7/Vista/XP x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    My OS crashed hard so I reinstalled Windows 7 64bit, security fixes, this driver, caps 3 update and the 2.4 SDK. Same problems as you general. Stability is gone even though I am using the same exact settings as previously which was ROCK stable. Will go back to the March 23rd drivers and see if it makes a difference!

2. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

What Crashing, What do u mean OS Crashing.....

3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    It was the video card crashing. Previously was running 11.2 hotfix leak (thanks again to Asder!) and had both my GPU oc'ed to 930/1450/+20%.

With these drivers and the SAME OC settings, Crysis 2 with extreme settings, 1920x1080p and 8xAA would lock up every few seconds literally, then my monitor would reset and then it would continue for another few seconds, then lock up again. This was during the intro on a new game so it was working the GPU pretty hard but for some reason, I cannot get above 63 FPS.

CoD Black Ops hangs during a zombie match, even in solo after a few mins of play. It would "eventually" lockup within 10 mins of actual gaming.

Visuals looks superb in both games so far so no graphic anomalies.

I just backed up the whole system and reread this entire thread before wiping the drivers. Per someone's suggestion, these drivers work the GPU harder than before so I lowered my OC/ed to 900/1430/+20 and now crysis 2 is stable.

I am going to try to run a few more games and will advise.

A new problem though - Crysis and Crysis Warhead now detects my monitor at 50 HZ instead of 60 HZ so I'm getting black borders. Crysis 2 detects 60 HZ fine so it is full screen. Any fix for this? With 11.2 hotfix, it was always running at 60 or 59 HZ full screen. I have a huge list of games to go through but will advise on all problem games soon.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  4. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Noob question, but why isn't this driver anywhere on ati websites?
    I'm tempted to try this because it apparently fixes the 99% activity bug (fed up on having 71c idle temps because of that, and having to wait 20 sec when minimizing or maximizing fullscreen programs).

But I don't want to install anything unfinished, is there any ETA when this is ready?

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Any words on the official 11.4 release date?

EDIT - NVM, close to the end of April it is. :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Because it's not WHQL-certified, and I doubt 11.4 WHQL would contain the 99% bug fix.

Someone did his own research. =)

Someone did not. =/
    Hint : read this whole thread, or check CatalystCreator's tweets.

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Game testing is good so far. Had one crash but I think it was due to some Radeon Pro setting or the game is just buggy (Xenus / Boiling Point 2).

Interesting find - Dead Space 1 is now working with Forced AA!!! Drops down to the 20-30s but it is working with 16xEQAA with no graphics corruption. Also renaming Dead Space 2 to Dead Space.exe enables AA! :D Same crappy performance but looks better than ingame AA.

More testing later. Need to sleep.

8. Mele

Mele Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    Looks the magical drivers that will fix 99% GPU bug has arrived! This driver is excellent, my 5970 now feels and acts like I own a very expensive graphics card.

9. ontelo

ontelo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Nice drivers. Working flawlessly.

[​IMG]

10. PETEY

PETEY Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    Driver doesn't install for me on Windows XP 32-bit. The install manager specifically doesn't show the option to install the driver.

11. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    Mouse lag is still present for me but other than that these seem very solid on my rig. I feel like a lot of the issues are so intermittent because we all have different hardware configurations. Some of you don't get the mouse bug yet I do, I never had the 99% bug issue but a lot of you did. At least the 99 seems to be fixed for most of you, lets hope this mouse lag enigma gets solved! All my games run fine. I feel like Bad Company 2 I'm seeing people in better realtime. The older drives I was getting picked off left and right before I could see someone, so good stuff.

12. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    It's not working for me, unforunately :(. At least I'm quite happy with how MLAA handles Dead Space and other games that can't use AA.

Edit: Does it require shadow quality to be reduced like Nvidia? Or is it somehow doing AA on the whole scene at max graphics now?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  13. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Only tested League of Legends (not very demanding hehe) so far, so can't tell about the performance but it seems the 99% activity bug is gone for good this time.

14. LEXX911

LEXX911 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950
    ****ing POS driver. The computer won't stay in sleep mode. Does any of these idiots working at AMD know how to fix a driver? They fix one thing and **** up another.

15. Cruxis

Cruxis New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850
    And they **** Photoshop's ability to actually do OpenGL drawing in Normal and Advanced modes, even though the Enable OpenGL Drawing setting is active and checked. :bang::bang:

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    For both DS 1 and 2, I have ALL graphic settings maxed out except motion blur is off (hate it) but regular blur is on, vsync off, and in game AA off.

I then load up Radeon Pro with a global settings of AA=16xEQ or 8xEQ, AF=16x, Vsync on or off for testing.

Try it... I need to test other games too but for people who are crashing, try to down clock your OC if you have it set at crazy settings by 5 and retest until stable.

17. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Did you try forcing AA to application setting? When I forced AA in CCC, it f'ed up Maxon Cinebench which is opengl. Turning it off fixed it.

18. Cruxis

Cruxis New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850
    Nope i already tested (everything on CCC to Use Aplications settings) no forced AA.
    I know is a driver problem cuz it was working on 11.2 :3eyes:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  19. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    This is my first time posting here. So I'd like to start with a :moon:
    lol nah but really HI EVERYONE!

@ asder00 Many thanks for your Mobility mods, please keep 'em coming :grin2:

Well to the point of this post:
    I am experiencing a problem with the 11.4 drivers. An old game I still play on occasion NFSU2 isn't working properly. The game itself plays fine but all the "3D" menus like the screen where you select or tune your car is black. Not the whole screen but the car itself isn't rendered. So I will see the menus and the cars neon lights but not the car itself. When I select a car and go and drive it everything is fine. I have tried both the march 23rd release and the April 5th release and both had the same problem. I love the new driver, it gives me more fps in everything I play but its problem rendering certain older elements puts me off. Any suggestions?

20. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    yeeees! :)

12.470 In 3dmark 11 :) SMOOOTH :)