Which 24" IPS?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sdamaged99, Apr 18, 2011.

1. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    HP LP2475W vs Dell U2410

I can see both of these online for roughly the same price (around £400)

I am in the market for an IPS panel, hoping to see an improvement in quality and colours when gaming and in windows over my Samsung 2443 TFT

Is it worth it, and which of the above two screens is the best?

thanks

2. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RX 6800XT
    Both are great with same (maybe not exactly the same) panels form LG.Philips.
    In my opinion Dell looks better, so if I have to choose, I will go with Dell, but that's only my personal taste, you're not going to make a mistake with HP of course. But if you do some desktop publishing / professional printing you will want to calibrate the HP. Dell U2410 is factory calibrated. But then again... professionals will want to re-calibrate that anyway.

You will get much better and more accurate colors with almost CRT-like grey gradient. TN panels are... crap! especially those with glossy filters that oversaturate colors...
    So, I encourage you to get an IPS monitor. Whichever of those two.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    1+ for Dell U2410:nerd:

4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    DELL u2411 for its being factory calibrated (with report at that)..Stand wise/ergonomics wise I can say they are about the same. Ive used the HPLP2275W in my previous company and Im using a DELL u2311h at home with the HP being smoother to operate (to raise and lower) whereas the DELL take some force..

5. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Personally, I'm still very fond of that 2 ms response time of my old LG 42LH5000. The screen I'm going to get next will be a 120 Hz monitor not just for its 3D support but primarily for its added smoothness in fast 2D.

6. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    I found you some usefull reviews, Dell, HP. If gaming is important to any degree, lower input lag is your frind. :) With that in mind, both of those suck and to my personal preference, lag too much, this one is better.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    imo 14ms is "low" for Dell 2410 - its not losing any frames.

8. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    But it adds to other lags from your input devices till you see the pic on the screen, and the 4 ms differnce could be the proverbial drop that spilled the glass. Just imho.

9. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    My Dell U2410 has arrived and i'm using it now. The difference in quality over the TN panel is very apparent. The colours are far more vivid, and it is certainly noticeable when looking at photographs or playing brightly coloured games

Highly impressed.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i recieved a dell u2410 yesterday,got it calibrated,its very very good,you can see so much more detail even when surrounding areas are dark,im very happy with it,i will never go back to a TN again even if it is 120hz.

11. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    I'm getting the Dell U2410 sometime today (Wednesday) what's the opinion on gaming with this monitor? My Samsung 2493HM is 5ms and the Dell is rated 6ms so there shouldn't be a problem, right?