Crossfire Isn't working in certain games

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Russ369, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Games like Crysis 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Splinter Cell Conviction, etc... Im getting **** performance... Like 4x AA for ACB and its avg around 45-55fps wtf!

2. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Hmmm, When you start the game do you get high FPS then you press esc or tab and start getting your 45-55FPS?
    Is it a cracked version ?

3. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    No, I always get **** performance... yes its cracked

4. Dragontorc

Dragontorc Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Go buy it, youll still have poor performance but ill sleep better tonight.

I get por performance too, plays better with xfire off. I thinkthe next driver shud fix it.

5. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    I noticed alot of the games the GPU load on the 2nd card it 0, yet performance is improved... like in Batman AA, when I turned on 8xAA it would average around 30-40fps, now I get a consisant 60fps with vsync... why is this happening

6. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Some guy on here with ur same gpu settup was getting 100fps with 8xaa!!!

And no, I wont buy it... if I bought it, I wouldnt be able to afford my 2nd 6970

7. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    When using GPU-Z, I monitor 1 card, it shows its at 100 load, but the other is not... But, if I monitor the 2nd card, it shows as 100 load, but the 1st not... what im saying is GPU-Z is showing me that one card is working at a time, only the one im looking at tho, is this normal? When using overdrive I see that both cards are getting hot equally as if they are both working but the clocks remain at default on one of them... is this normal?

8. MoodyB

MoodyB Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 6870 IceQ
    Don't expect much help then if you don't have the decency to support the developers in the first place.

9. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Yes, sorry but you and your rig can eat a big bag of **** for pirating the game and we have the nerve to crap out Ubisoft for putting that online DRM?!
    Heard you cannot upgrade propertywith the pirate game or something

There was an auto patch 1.2 which improved my performance getting 70FPS-120FPS

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  10. H.A.M.mer

H.A.M.mer Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix HD7970
    My guess is that CFX-profiles from AMD (as well as SLI-profiles from NV) are always designed for the most current version of a game.

For example the current CAP 11.3 #3 seems to be build for version 1.2 of crysis 2, not for your cracked version 1.0.
    Accordingly by using a cracked version of that game you wont get CFX to work properly.

Not buying games and then complaining that something is not working is somehow a strange attitude.

11. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    I bought Crysis 2... Only Ubisoft games I don't buy cuz of there crappy DRM

12. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Lame excuse Ubisoft have dropped that DRM, you dont even need the DVD or be online to play, anyway I like the new anti piracy measure of not letting you upgrade bulidings(I heard).

rename the ACB exe to the AC2 exe your FPS will increase. Now go to the shop and buy the game !

13. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    rename crysis2.exe to bioshock.exe

See the FPS shoot right up

Also install the latests CAPs from AMD

14. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    I can't rename Crysis cuz I got it off steam and the profiles give me flickering

15. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Even though you are pirating your games I am willing to share my knowledge as there are maybe others with the same problem I could help.
    First, ACB and SCC both have crappy performance, the fps sometimes shoot skyhigh to only dip below 40s or somth, but why is that? These games are very CPU bound and what anybody won't tell you is that with an i7 your minimum fps are double to those of a phenom AMD. Same goes for other CPU bound games like bfbc2 or gta4, the thing is with single gpu the limitation of cpu isn't as high because the cpu has to only feed one card and the rest of the resources are for processing. But with two gpu's the load on the cpu rises which reults in lower resources for processing and thus bottlenecking sometimes and lowering your FPS.

Also even though I am against piracy I have to admit that with the original games you wouldn't have better performance, only a new CPU, best would be a Sandy Bridge as I heard they have 20% better minimum FPS to i7, would help and achieve better performance.

BTW: Crysis 2: Try April 5 build of 11.4 Cat + CAP3 from Rage3D, download the CAP again from Rage3D if you have it already as they fixed it because something was wrong.

BTW2: Anyone who has doubts about what I said can test this: If you have an AMD CPU add through CCC SSAA, you won't notice any difference in minimum FPS to a degree of 4xSSAA in eg Splinter Cell Conviction. Naturally the max and avg fps will drop but the minimum stays the same because SSAA is only GPU bound and doesn't need any CPU processing.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

16. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    My FPS is low (about 30fps) in ACB but CPU usage does not go above 50% and GPU usage are both at 60%.

This is not a CPU bottleneck, it is a poor CFX implementation.

I'll download again CAP3. What's changed?

17. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Trust me, ACB and other games don't profit from the six cores of your cpu, they just won't use all of them. Thats why in benchmarks the AMD always looses in games even against the slower i7-870 with only 2.9ghz. You can also see in some games that a 965 performs better than the 1100T just because it has more GHZ and the game won't use all the cores. In benchmarks with software for encoding for example the AMD catches up because they are programmed to use all the cores.

Intel CPUs just have a much better performance per HZ which means to catch up to an i7 with 3ghz you'll need 5ghz on the AMD.

18. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Russ369
    Try to reset your 3D Application Settings on CCC.

19. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    I understand. But not a single core is maxed out. I mean, the FPS is low but the CPU and the GPUs are working half-capacity.

20. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Thats what Im trying to tell you, doesn't matter if all the cores are on 50% or only 3 are on 100%, the threading is handled that way. If a game can use only 3 cores windows will translate this to 50% usage on 6 cores. For example play SCC with 6 cores, then go to task manager and on settings set the affinity to only 4 cores. You will then get 2 cores with 0% usage and the others get a bit higher load but fps stay the same.