What is the most annoying sound to you?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by FULMTL, Apr 17, 2011.

1. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Motor scooters are damn annoying.

Also my exgirl's voice.

2. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    My microwave.

It does 4 really high pitched beeps when its done, and you can't stop the beeps by opening the door or hitting Stop. So now every time I use it I have to try to Bomb Squad it and open the door at <1 second left to pause the timer.

3. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    People that whine about noises that bother them.

:p LOLz...Just messing ya folks! :)

Really, the sounds that get to me are noisy chewers, people talking with their mouth full, and the sound of expensive equipment failing where you know the sound of the part that is going out and you know the price of the replacement.

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    anything remotely related to birds, its not uncommon for me to explode in bouts of total rage, i'm an extremely calm person and this is one of those things that make me lose control of myself.

just 3 days ago i was eating in the kitchen with my mom and there was this damn bird chirping all the time near the window, i went near the window and the bird flew away then returned like a minute later, i threw the dish at the window shattering both the window glass and the dish into pieces, smashed my fist on the table shouting all sorts of blaphemies. :bang:

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    haha yeah, I hate birds too. Chirpings so effing loud and retarded that you can hear it for blocks. Just want to shoot them all and make chicken nuggets out of them.

6. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    That's probably quite common, but I hate so much when anyone's eating loudly, sometimes it makes me MAD:evil::dead:

BTW Ken Block is actually cool comparing to guys from the newest NFS, especially the one from drift school, don't even remember his name:p

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It's a tie between nails on a chalkboard or that really annoying high pitch noise that was popular a few years ago where only young people can hear it but older people can't.

My ears are quite sensitive to high pitch frequencies and I get really annoyed by them.

deltatux

8. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Lorries and cars with their engines left running in neutral for 15+ minutes early in the morning. Makes my windows and my head resonate.

Screaming kids.

Serbian turbo folk.

not necessarily in this order

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    [​IMG]

:D

10. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Ah Resident Evil 4's birds

the only birds that drop grenades and money :3eyes:

11. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Those ****in Jackdaws and Crows pecking and scratching and fighting on my roof at 4am (Im right under a sloped roof, and the little barstools will not stop for more than 30 seconds, then land back on the roof like they were jumping off a chimney without using their wings to land.

I punched I hole in my ceiling in anger trying to scare them away, which just made me more angry with them.

So I bought some of that shiny silver tape you hang from things to scare them off, but that just blew in the wind and made more banging noises against the roof and window.

Then eventually ripped itself off and blew away.

Thinking of getting some bird spikes

12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Hmmm how about getting a stuffed animal and putting it on the roof? Probably gotta make it a little heaver, stuff it with some rocks.

13. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Good plan, owls seem to work for some people but I have seen birds pirch on them lol

And got to add for me and my gf, the tv also has to be muted for the "Go Compare Advert"

I heard the guy who sings it is an opera singer and had to go into hiding because of how irritating his adverts are and people wanted to kill him, there are loads of them getting worse and worse each release

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Metal on teeth, or more specifically, fillings.
    Ice being scraped in a freezer that needs defrosting - like when you pull a box of something out and it scrapes the ice, that's a nasty noise.
    if you get me on those two.

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Babies (infants in particular) that scream/cry for hours on end... in the night when you have to go to work the next day. It usually resulted in a migraine and working on 3-4 hours sleep the next day. If any of you have had a child with colic for months on end then you know what I am talking about.

16. the alarm clock, even when hearing it in a movie or TV show, my brain just freaks out.

17. Frog_Smoker

Frog_Smoker Member Guru

GPU:
    CirrusLogic 1MB
    Alarms...especially when the person has not changed the alarm sound for 2 years. :bang:

My neighbor's dog which chooses to bark NONSTOP between the hours of 1230am - 5am every single night and continuously drags his metal bowl NONSTOP on the concrete for 4 out of those 5 hours. :bang::bang::bang:

And lately, Rebecca Black's song "Friday"
    :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Woman talking is most anoying sound you will hear.

19. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Alarm clock
    High pitch frequencies
    Anni Sinnemäki

20. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Just curious is all...Is that a cultural thing in Serbia?

Don't get me wrong, in the American Midwest, there is a common consensus. Some here make me want to shove a well-worn-end-of-the-day sock into their pie hole to shut them up.