Counter-Strikes numbers are going up.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I recently played CS 1.6 (played from 99-05) and all the servers are either full of bots or have bots on them.

The majority of servers that don't have bots only have 4-8 people playing.

I've played a few 7 vs 7 matches, but it's always some 24/7 De_Dust 2 server (yuck).

It's probably still popular in Korea, but in America it's practically phased out.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Curent Players

24,424 Counter-Strike
    18,599 Counter-Strike: Source

Peak Today

72,356 Counter-Strike
    64,816 Counter-Strike: Source

Not bad. They are the most popular games on Steam.

3. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Is that people logging into the game via steam or amount of players playing (including bots)?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  4. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX

5. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I kinda agree. Whilst I have many fond memories of playing cs 1.6 through entire weekends with very little food or sleep, and cs source got my kids into pc online gaming. I now find that if I do decide to try and re live the magic it is all bots or dust 2. You can find gun game, zombies, or slide maps galore and whilst fun I wish for just simple standard maps on a rotation. I guess that just wont cut it nowadays.
    If I do fire up css these days it is mostly me, the wife, and bots on our own private match. You have honestly never seen a women jump out of her seat so much when shot at. Unfortunately she tends to throw the mouse off the desktop when she finds herself 0 kills for 10 deaths on easy bots!

6. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    I played CS1.6 through its times of glory, (?)98 to like 2008 and the game was realy addictive, I could spend the whole day playing it, raging, having a blast, crying, laughing etc, it was just a an incredible way of having fun whilst socializing.

I've stopped though since I've lost my steam account and never bothered to get it back.

7. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    CS should be rewritten using the Cry2Engine. I had years of fun with CS and DoD.

8. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    My brothers and I don't usually have trouble finding servers, but then again, we stay up until 4 or 5am in the morning. We usually start off on normal map rotations, but as the night goes on we end up playing insane death run maps with some crazy french kids.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    escape maps are awesome. love the lotr and star wars maps :D

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    nope you know why?

^
    that's why.

I tried it 1-2 times (cracked v) and really what a pos, not worth even 5$.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    thehunter, ill bet if you play the zombie mod, you will get to like it. :)

12. They are both still great games, and I still play Source. It is impossible to go back to CS after playing Source because Source is so much easier and they have totally different recoils. And yes, like everything else, Steam ruined CS. And, I went back into it recently and they made it suck. Yay for crappy updates!

But, I think the reason so many people still play is because you can run it with a Pentium Two and a 3DFX. Therefore, a lot more people can run CS 1.2 compared to Call of Doody.

13. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    It also has works reliably online and offline. Nearly every game I've purchased in the last couple years has awful network coding. Can't find servers, have to port forward ports 0 - 100000000005343246, friends can't find your game, friends can't join your game even though they see it. Can't play online because developers servers aren't working (looking at you Ubi).

14. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    which server has the most CS 1.6 players?

15. MainframeTM

MainframeTM Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB
    Purchase date on Steam? Brother I can remember dling CSbeta updates overnight on a AOL connection of all things. I believe he's right on the 1 model per side in the early days. Also that was way before steam was even thought of. If memory serves that was with Valves "WON" network servers..or am I remembering it wrong?

Also since we're on the subject of old multigames..i still remember the orginal TF. Even thou pings for most ranged in the 200s & you were blazen fast if yours was around 100 it was sooooo much fun even on dial up.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

16. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I recall CSS had only 1 player model per team and they would update the textures on them every few months.

Later on they released a new player model one at a time, I think the l33t kr3w was the last to be released.

17. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    whats with all the noobs playing Mw2?

18. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Because when spraying there is a lot of recoil.

It may not look like it as the weapon animation is hardly moving, but if you focus on where the bullets are hitting you'll see it's above the crosshair. Hence the reason people are spraying at the feet and getting headshots at medium range.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Seriously>\? I am suprised no one has figured it out yet. CSS has become more popular because of the release for Mac. It has become quite popular and there have been many deals with all valve games. CSS has been for mac for more than half a year.

20. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I started playing 1.6 back in 1999, after 10 years I have officially retired, since the game as I know it is dead. Those numbers are simply the infinite sea of 70mil steamID liars,cheats and hax that are roaming the servers as we speak.
    I remember the good old times when WON was around, and even though I have a 5 digit STEAMID, I used to have a 4 digit WONID back in the day. It was a great great ride while it lasted, one can only hope something similar will grace the PC. (not CODBO ****e)