GTX 570 and Q9550 @ 3.6ghz?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Odellot, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Hi Guys! Newbie here, do you guys think that i have a CPU Bottleneck? Should i upgrade now to SB? My INfo is my Specs right now..Here's my 3DMARK11 Benchmark..

[​IMG]

2. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
  3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

What resolution do you game at? but, tbh, it won't matter as you have no bottleneck.

Edit: Taking another look at your GPU clocks I think you probably do have a bottleneck but it's limited to benchmarks for the most part. A stock or slightly OC GTX 570 would be fine with your current system 99% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  4. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    imo theres no bottleneck, looks to be the same score as a friend of mine with a i5@3.8ghz,gtx570 setup.

5. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Thanks Everybody guess i'll have to stick to this setup until I have money for SB or Bulldozer..

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Score is fine Q9550 is enough for GTX570 at higher resolutions.

7. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Smart decision, in a few short months you’ll be glad you waited. The q9550 will bottleneck the 570 in some situations; you could monitor your cpu usage during game play just to see where and under what circumstances the bottleneck exists, collect the data, then compare after you decide on the platform upgrade. I did this when I moved from the q9550 to the i5 760, and was quite surprised at the performance difference between the two and that was with a gtx 470.

8. Leopard_st

Leopard_st Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3
    I would say its bottleneck.Because I with my one gtx 570 clocks 850/1100/1700 core/mem/shader and with my stock i7 920 on 2.66 i scored 5800.With overclock on 3.8 i socred over 6000

9. Hemectu

Hemectu Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX465 SC -> 470 SC

i7 setup will have a higher score than LGA775, but that does not mean there is a bottleneck that will affect performance negatively.

Q9550 is still a performing CPU setup for single card setups. what is important for LGA775 is the chipset. Intel chipsets are much faster than Nvidia, so that would have a strong performance impact than just CPU.

10. Blacklac

Blacklac Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB
    If you have to use a synthetic benchmark to find a bottleneck, your worrying too much.

People are getting obsessed about bottlenecks.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I will be testing the GTX570 against my 460 today on a similar CPU, and im not expecting much, if any CPU bottleneck.

I think people are confusing a CPU bottleneck with a CPU heavy application or game.

3D Mark has always been pretty CPU heavy anyway, even moreso this year with new physics engine, but no point using it as a guide, much more accurate to use actual games.

The only reason 3D Mark 11 is included in my testing is because i got it free with the card.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    In some cases, what appears to be a CPU bottleneck, is in fact not. Some games, utilize the CPU more than the GPU, and as such make it appear that there is a bottleneck when infact there isn't.

Quite frankly, I'm with PurpleFish on this....people are far too worried about "bottlenecks" these days. Bottlenecks have and will always exist.

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I wouldn't worry that much about a potential bottleneck with the Q9550

Perhaps it may hold back performance a bit, but it's not as if the performance would be disastrous...
    I mean, an I5 could perhaps give 20 frames more, but what difference does that make when you are still averaging above 60 FPS with the Core 2 Quad?

In general, I find people being way too harsh about the Core 2 Quads...The Q9000 series is competetive to the Phenom II X4 processors

14. theillusiveman

theillusiveman Member Guru

GPU:
    2x-N570GTX-(840/2000Mhz)
    they beat the phenom X4 processors clock for clock.