Are there any fu--ing games that work with Nvidia cards/drivers when released?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by savannahmick, Apr 2, 2011.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Dude, I dig it. I know your PAIN.

I've been having the same issues because of ****ing NVIDIA AUdio. See my latest post on how to fix it.

By the way, its NOT just a case of removing the HD audio as your registry is corrupted. If you know your regedit, you may get away with it.

I TOO moved from ATI to NVIDIA to get away from BAD Crossfire/Eyefinity support and ive waisted a week on sorting this **** out.

I feel ya pain dude, just ignore the asses that say "Mines Ok - ive never had a problem." I ]'m really happy with my card?

Such a crap way to post. If we have problems, we have problems.

Dont make it worse for us by saying stuppid comments "I'm ok, I'm ok its you thats NOT ok"

:bang:

Sorry for ranting.

Hope you sort it soon.

R.

bboymassuk

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    ATIs drivers dont work right for 3-4 releases (months) because they refuse to pay and work with devs before games are released. Seriously, you wont be happy with ATI.

3. Maced

Maced Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
    I went through the effort of finding my username & resetting my password to log in so I could say how much this thread makes me facepalm. So much idiocy, misinformation and just plain ignorance.

4. HolyLiaison

HolyLiaison Active Member

GPU:
    MSi 570 GTX SLI
    You logged in to call people idiots and accuse them of using misinformation with out correcting anyone or trying to help. Thanks for contributing something to this thread!

Oh wait you didn't. Talk about ignorance.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

5. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    funny thru many driver tests we do here on the Guru I don't have any problems running games

you sure you ran driver cleaner and there are no other issues with your system?

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    80%? Lol BTW the single/multiple display mode is only for OpenGl...likely has no effect for ummm 80% of your games. :3eyes:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  7. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finding retards is very simple. All you have to do is find someone who is saying retarded ****, and then you respond with "O rly? Just like the rude little kid that posted this above my text.

It's also true that these sub-humans have a genetic defect and have been put on this earth for the entertainment of actual people. Penal Stingray you need to be educated how to use a keyboard and whilst your at it, inherit some manners you sewer rat. :biggun:

8. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    did you reinstall the OS?

9. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    Arent we talking about driver support?
    What does this have to do with my system?
    Are u trying to say that even if drivers suck i should get better perf just because i have 3 gtx 580's?

10. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Welcome back.
    :stewpid:

11. Maced

Maced Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
    It might come off as ignorant, but one gets tired after so many attempts of trying to set people straight & getting nowhere or damn near it. Over the years I've found that no matter how many facts you supply, there are people set in their ways and will not even acknowledge factual data proving them wrong.

Either way, they're trolls or mindless cretins - and I do my best to try to avoid falling into their time-sucking traps.

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Maybe it's user error. I've never had any issues with new games with any of my Nvidia cards.

13. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    the drivers have improved over time giving better performance..

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Better put on my gumboots - the bull****'s getting deep around here...

15. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    And the human race goes on and on and on ... lolol.

16. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i had a 1090t at 4ghz. i then upgraded to an intel i7 2600k. big difference in gaming performance.

with the 1090t at 4ghz and a gtx580, could only average 45-55fps in starcraft 2 and cod black ops.

with an i7 2600k at stock clocks and a gtx560soc, im averaging well over 130fps in each game.

in most other games, the 1090t was consistently worse than my i7. on some games it was notable, in some it was not so notable.

amd cpus have weaker performance per core, which makes them worse for cpu dependent games compared to intel.

amd cpus arent perfect. both sides have their own issues.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    solitaire, pinball, minesweeper, free cell. all work with any nvidia card/driver when relased. if i missed anything please let me know.

18. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    After reading the whole thread I think this is the most helpful and accurate answer. Plain and simple. I also have been using nvidia gfx since gf4 and can't remember having any real problems. Games always work well even when new. Shift 2 is the most recent. Works fine. 266.58 here. Also don't fkk around with beta and quadro drivers as I think thats where alot of probs are. Also I stay away from novelty cards like 9800gx2 gtx295. Also heard the fermi cards aren't up to nvidias usual "just works right" standard. Honestly thats what you get for havin to have somethin new and super duper awesome. I play all my stuff on high at 50+ frames with out any probs. Enjoy your F-f-f-f-fermi...

19. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    I haven't had the issue anymore after disabling HD audio at the pci bus.

I thank everyone for their input, but I probaly have some kind of conflict with Nvidia HD audio and my mobo which is Dell version of the H57 with a Intel 5 series chipset and will be upgrading mobo and sound card soon along with a clean os install. I just wonder why more people with the I don't have any problems with drivers ever comment even post but hey glad to know that there is problem free rigs out there and last couple days mine has been problem free. Like a certain guy who posted here I looked at his post over the years and thats all he ever post is that he is not having the issue in the threads. (WHY?) Thanks Again!

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Can you name him, he may be a company shill?