Why is The Nvidia Geforce 6100 Nforce430 So Crappy?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by GroundZero, Apr 2, 2011.

1. GroundZero

GroundZero Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6100
    @Cyberdyne....Wouldnt buy The case and the seprate Internal Componets Run me more than just buying a Cyberpower PC black pearl? Speaking that i only bout the computer without monitor or speakers or nothing.......?

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Groundzero if your looking for a gaming PC do yourself a favour and build one. Its not very hard to do so, its basically like a jigsaw puzzle, the pieces only fit a certain way. If you dont like that idea get a friend to do it. Its not very expensive to build a decent gaming PC.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I agree with others that your PC is too old to be worth upgrading.
    You will be able to keep the case, hard drive, maybe the CDRom and your floppy drive.
    However, its a mini ATX case so if you keep it, you can only use mini ATX motherboards.
    Also its airflow isnt very good so you are limited to lower power gfx/cpus.

The PSU is old (they wear out) and much too low powered for todays hardware.

Your CPU cant get near the best out of an 8800GT, so theres no point in buying a faster gfx card to go in the system, it wont be used.

Your memory wont fit into new boards (and isnt quick by todays standards).

Your hard drive is still usable but will be slow compared to modern drives. Also with it being 5 years old, it could expire at any moment, make sure it is backed up!

If your new motherboard doesnt have IDE and floppy support (ie only has SATA ports), you'll need to replace the drives with SATA/USB versions if you need to use them.

You need a new PC basically.

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC

Well they are obviously going to charge some kind of premium for building the computer for you and researching all the parts and whatnot.

It depends on how lazy you are really heh.
    There are plenty o' build guides about and finding the right parts is usually just asking a forum what you should build on what kind of budget etc. Also buying all parts from one internet site will save you money on shipping.

anyway IMO don't be lazy, edumacate yourself and build your own! Not only will it empower you for the future maybe you can build some for your friends too at a price of course.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well yeah... 8600GT - are you surprised....?

I had 6600GT SLI first, then a 6800 U after that..

Wasn't phenomenal performance, but I managed around 30fps @1600x1200..mostly high settings with a few tweaks like motion blur and DOF turned off..

Edit: btw - that was on an Asus A8N SLI premium....nF4 board :p lol

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My 8600GT SLI and X2 5600 couldn't even to hit 30fps at 1680x1050 at minimum settings.... Handled Farcry just fine though...

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    When I bought my current board I ordered a 965 to go with it, as it was going to be a week I grabbed this 255 to use in the meantime.
    Cheapest CPU in the store....the salesman was like "no u don't want that - it's a Mom & Pop CPU"...lol

Well it oc'd 500mhz right away and it runs my games so well ( playing ME 2 and Fallout NV atm) that I cancelled the order for the 965 lmao...:D

8. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    a 5770 would allow the system to at least play games, but honestly everyone else here is right. Putting new hardware in old system aint a good move.

9. GroundZero

GroundZero Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6100
    AMAZING IDEA! although i never really thought about it like that. but lets just say i were to buy everything from scratch to make something that has phenomenal Game play. Ive never really tried to put anything nearly as complex together before. do you think it would be possible for a novice to buy and build everything cause ill give it a go. i just dont want to risk breaking or mishandling anything cause then id be upset. :/ im willing though...

10. GroundZero

GroundZero Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6100
    Thank you. Thanks to everyone that has helped me. you guys have really helped me gather my thought and made me understand what im really looking for. i have decided to build one. i would think of my knowlege as "i know enough" but still would need some higher end support from the fellow scientist :). How would i know what motherboard to get? and how will i know if that specific mother board fits in the case?

as for CPU im goin with the Intel i7 580x i believe it is or is it AMD. (lol kinda sleepy right about now =P)....

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The only thing that requires very special care is when you fit the cpu in the socket.
    Look for bent pins in the socket before you start as it will end in misery if they are bent before you start.
    If they are bent, photograph them and alert your reseller.
    When you fit the cpu, dont lean it into the socket, get it as close as possible and drop it in.
    Intels guide
    http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-032246.htm
    Dont take the CPU out, the warranty only covers fitting a CPU 15 times!

There is no warranty cover for bent pins in the socket, no matter how they happen, even if they are bent before you get the board!
    A board with this problem will need to be sent back to the mfr for analysis if you manage to get an RMA.
    I've had this happen on 2 boards, fitting the CPU (correct straight drop in method) caused pins to bend and the PC was dead.
    One supplier flat refused RMA, the other was analysed and replaced by the mfr.
    So there is a slight risk of financial loss and/or trauma recovering the money or extra time/money (if you pay shipping) getting a replacement.
    I bit the loss as I cannot have the hassle in my life at the moment and wont use that supplier ever again (OcUK lol, and I knew better!).
    /rant

However, the performance will amaze you.
    Building your own machine will give you a lot more performance and possibly more upgrade options too, for the same money.

12. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    its really really easy.
    I've gone through a dozen cpu's and never had bent pins.
    Few things to watch for though;
    memory compatibility. Always check your motherboard manufacturer's site for memory lists. Will save much headache.
    Always make sure you have small wires and non-keyed plugs plugged in right (hell make sure keyed ones are plugged in right!) as this has been a bane on my PC building early days.
    Avoid putting on too much thermal grease. read guides on how to apply properly.
    Read your motherboard manual completely before you touch anything.
    The rest is just like building lego's really. Windows is so user friendly these days its almost impossible to mess up an installation and drivers are almost all in windows already... even obscure ones these days.
    Never force anything- usually everything is designed for a secure fit not a tight fit. Also never tighten screws completely, a loose fit will do.

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Don't stress about it too much...these guys can spec out the hardware for you - so all you need to do is put it together....gotta budget?

14. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    don't bother with that CPU.
    Lets start small- whats the highest amount you are willing to pay for a PC (leave room for $100 in shipping or so).

15. GroundZero

GroundZero Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6100
    Honestly, I wouldnt like my Build To be More than Atleast 1,500. Thats as far as ill go. And even then Im throwing pretty high but i know i could. in other words i want to invest on a PC That will last me a Long Time. and of course, One that i can upgrade as technology evolutionizes lol. Stop me if im wrong Plz. im going to list a things that i need before i can start building tell me if im missing or adding to many things: (again, im novice)

Full Tower case
    Motherboard
    CPU
    PSU
    Nvidia GTX 580 (For Sure) lol
    umm..Sound card

Thats all i got in mind right now lol

EDIT: Im going to start Site Shopping and start listing down all the components im going to buy (so i can purchase all at the same time from the same website) on newegg/zipzoomfly but defenitly newegg.

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I used have the same cpu paired with a 9800 GTX+ and I played Crysis smoothly on Medium settings at a resolution of 1280 x 1024. Once I went to a 24" monitor at 1920 x 1080, the upgrade/new build cycle started in earnest. I sold that setup for super-cheap to a co-workers son and he couldn't be happier.

If you can find a cheap used 8800/9800GTX and a new 500w power supply, you can get by for a while, but if you want to play the latest games, at the highest settings and resolutions, a new build will be necessary. You'll get all the help you need here with regards to picking parts and assembly. Give it a go and I guarantee you'll never buy another pre-built system again.

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
  18. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Also, Youtube is your friend. Search "Building a gaming pc" - there are tons of great tutorials there. In fact, if you ever want to learn how to do anything, rest assured somebody has posted a tutorial there.

19. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Building a PC is easy really, i taught myself an found after reading a few guides that it is not hard its just fiddly sometimes, its much more rewarding to biuld your won system and watch it fire up i think.

Im on my 10th build i think and never had anything go wrong, just have to be careful. Im like the IT tech guy for my mates aswell which means they owe me.

20. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    You're also going to need memory (RAM), a hard drive, and a disk drive. Basically, you shouldn't do a build until you have enough knowledge of what parts are compatible. Once you've done enough research to understand what goes together, you should be in the clear for building. Also, keep in mind that you will probably want a new monitor - your current keyboard and mouse should be fine unless you want to go with a gaming quality set which will add to the cost.

I recommend that you start figuring out what processor you want first, then looking at motherboards with the same socket. Following this, find compatible memory, then make your graphics decision, then make sure that your tower and PSU can support the hardware. HDD and disk drive can come last. Also, expect any build to go ~$100 above what you initially price it for - there is always something extra that you'll need unless you have misc. hardware laying around. I suggest that you use www.newegg.com for your hardware planning.

The most important thing to remember if you decide to build yourself: working with new hardware can be a stressful learning experience, but ultimately you need to relax and enjoy yourself. Part of building a machine is the process of falling in love with what you're going to end up using on a daily basis. A first, second, third....any computer build experience can be wonderful, and as long as it's for yourself should bring an unexpected about of emotion toward an inanimate object. When in doubt in this process; remember to have fun!