shift 2 fixed all performance !!! all cards !!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ryanrrx, Mar 31, 2011.

1. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Why in the name of holy f**k would you need three buffers when the display is not synchronized with the GPU?
    If you don't use V-sync, you want the frames to display at the rate the GPU is rendering them, not to be buffered somewhere.

[​IMG]

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    @k1net1cs

put another kinetic mental chip inside your brain maybe you will start to think logically.

im off i have enough of you retards.

3. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Please stay, elaborate on the subject, prove your point, I'm authentically curious what you mean.
    You can even do that in 3 posts and celebrate 10k with us :banana:

4. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    This made me lol so hard.

EDIT: OH **** it gets better!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    wlw_wl
    nope i explained it clearly what it can do if you dont use vsync and enable triple buffer in driver cpl, at least by nv.

:banana:

Laykun

yea rofllmao

wdf is your or all of yours problem i tested those games and saw an affect so yea lmao at you too.

really laugh all you want i lol at you all too of being so brainwashed and think what you know about vsync and those 3 little articles on the web, good luck to you too.

I suggest you to go read them again to be more confident about it!

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Alright, let's get serious then.

So, what you're saying basically is that it's possible to enable triple buffer without having VSync on, am I right?
    I just need to confirm this first otherwise there's a chance I'd continue the discussion under a false assumption.

7. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    What's up with all stupid pictures and flaming, if you disagree with TheHunter then discuss it with him, stop behaving like immature kids.

8. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    It's not flaming, it's about saying in public something that counters most people's knowledge and refusing to explain the statement with "y'all stupid, go learn, i'mma not gonna tell ya".

9. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    You can't exactly have an opinion about a technical standard and how it works. It works one way and no other. The flaming is just made worse by TheHunter fanning the flames with his subjective witness accounts that are contrary to how V-SYNC actually works. He know's he's wrong and he's defending it to the death, it's simply entertaining.

10. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    This is getting good..

[​IMG]

11. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    I have to agree with you here, or as the kids say, "+1".

Contrary to popular belief, the internet is much more then a place for bored kids to post stupid pictures and over-use clichés. It is for sharing information and ideas. It's ridiculous how dumbed down the internet has become. But back on topic, if you really have a problem with TheHunter then take it up with him via PM please.

12. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    No no no, I want to see this!

13. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    No, because

14. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    Well, I tried.

15. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    You can't just leave mis-information on a public forum unchallenged. Otherwise people who find this page later will get the wrong idea about V-SYNC. Mind you if they are formulating an understanding of V-SYNC from public forums then they might deserve it.

16. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    I completely agree with you about posting mis-information on a public forum. I just think it can be handled without the silly pictures. I'll leave it at that though, I don't want to take this thread any more off-course then I have already.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    yes.

2 buffers by default vs 3 buffers when you enable triple buffer regardless of vsync (either in driver cpl or with d3d triplebuffer)
    What it does is it makes a 3rd buffer in storage otherwise only 2 and with 3 it can make a smoother image/less tearing (or yes no fps drop with vsync) as its 1 step ahead of 2 way buffer mechanism.. think of it as frames to render ahead but in a different way - it has min 2 or max 3. You still get 2 (or 3) frame buffers if you set frames to render ahead to 0.

yes some are born slow..i dont blame them and no i didnt refuse i already said it clearly in 1st or 2nd post here.

Ok one more time - kindergarten style:

Im going to the store to buy some oranges - either 2 or 3 oranges, i decided to buy 3. Now i can run (off sync) or walk (in sync); im still gonna get those 3 oranges in the end. So what does that have to do with 3rd buffer? the answer is in oranges and how i got there.

end of story.

//anyway im out of this thread, i tried to say it can make an affect - i saw it in those games mentioned before, but to get such responses really I dont need this bs.

bye.

edit: just heads up,

this TripleBuffer is not the main attraction here, idk why you all hooked on it, try his settings and report back instead of bitching, seriously.. and i only said TP can help and that doesn't mean it does 100% all the time every time. It can have a negative effect too - like i said it in the first 2 posts it depends on the game, well Shift1 was one of them that it helped a little,.. but then again nvidia's TripleBuffer might act differently as that by AMD's.

//over and out.

18. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Quoted for truth

19. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    idiots like the op is what is REALLY killing pc gaming