Forceware 270.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dudikaz, Mar 30, 2011.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Constant updates? There's been 3 updates since Cata launched in Dec. Don't quite see how that can even remotely be considered "constant".... Also, your GTX275 will provide a different experience from a GTX460 as your card will run the game in DX9 mode, whereas my 460 will run it in either DX9 or DX11.

2. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Been the best driver ive had in a while aswell, DA2 is alot better, Crysis 2 runs nice, need to check homefront and a few others but so far so good.

3. technotoad

technotoad Active Member

GPU:
    msi,gtx 570
    @sykozis

well i don't know if you have noticed but they have done a number of small minor burst updates normally indicated by a spinning circle at the top of the screen which is red at first then turns green and when all is done disappears.
    there as been a few of them.

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Something that auto runs is never harmless, the less I have doing that the better. I'll decide when I want to check and load something new.

5. ollie26

ollie26 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI 448 980/1960
    Me too, My GTX 460's drop to 0.912v when idle, instead of 0.875 with previous drivers. And gives me 5c higher temps.

6. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II
    Strange drivers.

Ran the Mafia 2 benchmark, everything maxed, max Physx and got 51fps score. Sure i've had better than that before, this was with SLI.

Disabled SLI and used second 570 as Physx card and got 54 fps score.

7. chrisgraf77

chrisgraf77 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gts250
    bad drivers for gts250
    scaling is broken 1280x720 resolution have black bars.
    also stuttering

8. kagg8

kagg8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    stutters in pes 2011, so fails the test for me, back to 259.86

9. chicken32

chicken32 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I get the bug where if I have custom colour settings, such as brightness/contrast/gamma, it does NOT apply during startup. I have to reapply it. This was a problem for a bunch of BETA forceware not too long ago too, now it's back. Windows 7 64bit

10. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti

It's about 1 per month over the year, how can that not be constant?

11. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    You do realize how silly you are being right? Why would you want to maintain 200FPS in any game when your eyes can't see it anyways? and then why be pissed off that you are only getting 100FPS today? LOL

The GTX460 is a great card, it dosen't lose performance, obviously you have some conflict going on in your system that is messing up your frame rates. Try not installing 20 different drivers in a year, that or reformat your PC and start clean, I would bet right now your frame rates would be more steady! I haven't had any real issues with my 460, it is the same today as it was when I bought it...

12. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I highly doubt a driver update would drop performance by 50-80%, especially for something as popular as WoW. Something else must be the issue.

13. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    The game engine on your PC takes a look at your current fps then does a calculation to determine the appropriate number of packets to send the server and the more packets you send to the server the smoother the gameplay feels.

See this URL for some info on that:
    http://www.funender.com/quake/console/q3connection.html

Bottom line is experienced multiplayer people want more fps not because of what their eyes can see but because what the game engine on their PC can see (different definition of the word see) which in turn determines quantity of packets sent to the server which in turn affects the outcome of the gameplay.

If maxfps is set to 125 then packets sent to the server are 125/1=125 or 125/2=63 (quake engine rounds up the 62.5) or 125/3=42 (quake engine rounds up the 41.666).

If maxfps is set to 200 then packets sent to the server are 200/1=200 or 200/2=100 or 200/3=67 (quake engine rounds up the 66.666).

Read that URL I posted to see why a lot of fps is always wanted.

200 fps is a lot. 400 series cards get quite hot. Those with 400 series cards could probably sell them off on Craigslist then buy a 500 series card and get a good benefit.

Of course WOW doesn't use the quake engine but the reason for wanting higher fps is the same.

14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    This is only for quake based games. Games like BC2 will not have any effect or games such as WOW. Quake3/4 was the last game that I can recall that actually needed more then 60 FPS to pay online. But using 1999 mantality for 2011 is not going to work really...you can't carry over the same mantality for non quake based games!

15. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Exactly! He has probally installed every beta-driver known to man kind which has botched up his config. The GTX460 dosen't slowly lose performance, to even assume this is silly at best...

I personally only ever install certified drivers and I don't bother with the betas because they are betas for a reason. I am not a beta tester. Let us use some common sense please...

16. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    8800GT SLI fine here :)
    330M GT fine here also :)

17. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    My card does not go to idle settings with this driver, clocks stay full on all the time.

18. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    More fps translates into more fluid gameplay.
    A quick search on Google will show you many many articles on WOW fps.
    I'm surprised you don't know these things.

(Call of Duty Black Ops is quake engine 2010 mentality and the next Call of Duty in production is quake engine 2011 mentality by the way.)

More fps means more fluid gameplay no matter what year the game or game engine was made.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  19. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    If I reboot they go back to normal, strange.

20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Yes, but you have to remember the type of game. The reason why quake3 needed close to 100FPS is because of all the bunny-hoping and rocket-jumping tricks that everyone did. You do not do this in WOW. Do you know what the quake3 bunny-hop is? Or otherwize known as strafe jumping? Give me one example of this being used in WOW or BC2?

And finaly after a certian point (60 to 100 FPS) it dosent matter how many FPS you are getting, it will not make the game magically smoother...ok?