Hi how can I make the black darker seems gray just switch from 5770 to 460?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by savannahmick, Nov 24, 2010.

1. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Yes its a Dell 24" lcd 1920x1080p standard model. And it changes format in the settings of the monitor when I change in Nvidia Control Panel. Maybe try changing monitor setting if avail. first and then control panel.

2. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Those settings don't appear if the monitor is plugged through dvi.

3. haxor122

haxor122 Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The monitor itself makes a huge difference as well.

I noticed that with my old Gateway HD2200 monitor. They seemed to be the same on my Samsung 2333w though. I think it's related to the EDID info though, my HD4850 looked the same regardless of the connection type...but my GTX275 seemed to be darker with an HDMI connection on my old HD2200.

5. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    the YCbCr444 doesn't show up on nvidia if you connect your mon via dvi to dvi. On ati you can still choose YCbCr444 even if you go dvi to dvi.

I used YCbCr444 when I had my 4870x2 and the color was diffrent when I changed to nvidia again but I could tweak the settings on the mon and within nvcp do get basically the same look.

If you use VCL you can force the codec to play in 16-235 aswell looks much better then 0-255 wich is default.

Feel free to correct me if I missunderstood anything here :)

/edit

Actually now I think about it I'm not sure sure anymore that when I had my 4870x2 i had YCbCr444 on this mon since I was about switching mons at the same time and my older mon at that time had dvi to hdmi..

Someone with an ati card who could confirm this perhaps?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  6. kado

kado Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 XC3
    YCbCr444 setting in control panel is broken in 26x.xx drivers, I tried 270.32 and it's still the same, rgb or green image. The latest working drivers are 259.32. Hope they fix this issue.

7. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Works fine with my GTX470 and all latest drivers I used about four different one's. Have you tried using the clean install feature?

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah working fine here for me too, i do remember the green image bug a while back, but was only in one driver for me.

9. kado

kado Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 XC3
    Didn't try that. My tv has this "xvYCC" setting and with that along with visual inspection I can see if the setting in nvidia panel is working or not. I'll do some tests and report later on. I'll try to use a driver cleaner aswell. Thanks

10. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    I know you probaly already know this but if you choose custom install when installing a Nvidia driver it will give you a small check box option for clean install. Good Luck!

11. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    if youre using hdmi, check if its loose.

with my old 580sc, had this issue if the hdmi wasnt connected properly. made no sense whatsoever since hdmi is digital, should be either signal or no signal, nothing inbetween >.>

12. kado

kado Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 XC3
    After some serious testing and several driver instalations (with fresh install or with driver sweeper) I got the folowing results:
    YCbCr works after a fresh install, you can change from RGB to YCbCr but if you change "monitor content type (or whatever it is because mine is in portuguese)" to something else then automatic then no more ever again ycbcr, only get rgb or green image. The same happens if I put RGB back and try YCbCr again. I even tried on my netbook that has a ION gpu with HDMI output (Asus 1201N) with the same results. 259.32 has no issues whatsoever.
    So as long as I don't change that setting ever again everything is fine!:)
    Thanks for the tips and help.
    [​IMG]

I also tried a different HDMI cable, connections in both DVI ports on the gpu and in all 4 HDMI ports on the tv. Also tried with two different DVI to HDMI converters, one from ATI and other from NVIDIA.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011