I'm at a total loss..

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by IndianScout, Mar 26, 2011.

1. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G

so when my pc draws 480W from outlet with prime95@2threads + furmark(not sure if those were what i used back then)
    u would assume that my psu would be planty of power to keep my pc up at any situation

wrong, its not enough.. 850W would be better for my needs or brand new high quality psu with same specs

2. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    Keep in mind that in time even a GOOD quality PS like PCPower & Cooling will degraid in time
    so even if it was able to power something when it was new does not mean that 2 years later will be still able to do so. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what i have read your ps can lose up 10% of its total capacity per year!

3. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Nope, my mobo its based on P35 chipset (PCIe 1.1) and it works perfectly.

Even the math that gfx cards uses assume 75w per PCIe slot (thats why you have two PCIe 6 pin connectors on the GTX560 when its consumption its rated at 170w instead of only one, or none if PCIe 2.0 really supports 300w as it is).

4. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    back on the orig board, I wasn't going to let this board beat me, call me crazy..

I went to Gigabytes website and got the list of BIOS from the day of release to the current, then I went on a BIOS flashing spree, reloading drivers after each flash and retesting, I wanted to make sure that fresh drivers were installed to ensure that I was not carrying over the problem from one BIOS to the next..

then I hit BIOS F7

[​IMG]

call it a fluke, fate, insanity I really don't care, but I feel "I am da man" this morning, man vs board I finally won..

even tho BIOS F7 seemed to fix it, I went ahead and tested every release, this is the only one that gave these results..

rebooted and retested again this morning, looks like I'm good to go..

these results are with the box clocked to 3.6ghz also,