GTX 590 coming in February....apparently....

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sean_skroht, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    That's an other story, but this generation was crippled, performance are absolutely not what they should be, anyway on AMD side.

AMD: TSMC cancel the 32nm, we end with a HD6970 1536SP (VLIW4)- 40nm, instead of the new architecture who should have bring at min. 1920SP ( VLIW4) + some other change in ROP/Textures/Uncores (GPE) ..

Nvidia: Late with the GF100, the cards are not what they should be, Nvidia release an fixed/upgraded version in the GF110...

So we can imagine if the things will have been different in 2010, the difference with the next generations should have been a lot less, i will not be surprised to get a decent difference with the next generation of GPU's.

2. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    I don't think peoples are compare clock from the AMD and Nvidia, what they do is compare the 580 clock with the 590 reported one and 580SLI performances..
    Even if sites show difference in clock for the 590 ( 607-612-613mhz ), this is far of the 580 core speed who is clocked at 772mhz ( for recall the GTX480 is at 702mhz, the 570 at 732mhz ). it will be really hard to get to the 6990 level with thoses clocks ( outside some Nvidia games as LP2 and Hawx2). without saying all 6990 sell under AIB brands ( MSI, Gigaybte, XFX etc ) are now warranted with the bios switch so you can run them with the 880... ( who is the 6970 clock )..

Ofc let's wait and see if this low clock is not due to Nvidia AIB who will make OC retail cards with 700+mhz clock. ( for keep interest on thoses cards, Nvidia have keep low speed on the reference. )

And wait too the release of the card, cause there's still a luck thoses clockspeed are not the final ones.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    is there oficcial price already?

4. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    review tonight?

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    that would be nice, but doubtful

6. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    ah damn haha oh well :)

7. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    [​IMG]

odd looking pci-e goldfingers

8. ssc

ssc Member

GPU:
    nvidia geforce gtx 480
    it is coupled with safety removable layer.

9. ssc

ssc Member

GPU:
    nvidia geforce gtx 480
    you should know that gtx580,suffers huge performnace hit when downclocked.

I am having some problem from unloading screens of 3d mark 11 score.so here
    are plain results .
    3D MARK11
    GTX 580 SLI@752mhz:"10462"
    GTX 580 SLI@612MHZ:"8981"

10. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    There is a plastic cover on the PCIe cinnector with the Asus logo... Seen it on my own cards before...

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    avivoni isnt talking about the plastic cover. look at the gold part on the pcie connector of both cards. the asus card differs from the his card

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    It's cause the plastic cover of the cooler is hidden the PCI ex connectors on the Nvidia one, the camera is not completely at the vertical of it and so you have this effect.

first i have got the same reaction, for understand the PCI ex have a cover Asus on it and then the problem of the camera position....

When you look on the nvidia photos, you see the copper of the vapor chamber, the only free place is the zone of the fan in center. ... It's good they have make a small card, but im a bit worry of the trace on it, as each componnent look to be really close of each other.. addition each core made 550mm2.... not really what we can call small.

Here a 6990 PCB ....
    [​IMG]

580 PCB and vapor chamber
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  13. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    Yikes, haha. That's a pretty heavy hit in performance. I've been getting kind of a weird taste in my mouth about those clocks too. If the 590 is indeed targeted at the 6990, it may be a tough match, as Nvidia really kind of cut the b@lls off of this card. The clocks are over 200 Mhz slower, and it's short on memory by a whole 1024 Mb...

Obviously I'm waiting for real benches and a review to see what happens, but the buzz around the web isn't looking too promising.

14. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    Any reviews leaked?

15. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Doesn't look like a big hit to me.

Clocks are at 81.3% (752 -> 612)
    And performance is still at 85.8% (10462 ->8981)

It scaled down better than 1:1 ... you could say that's quite good.

-scheherazade

16. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
  17. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    hmm? default gtx580 clocks are 772mhz on core, not 752, so im not sure why that SLI bench was done at 752mhz. 612mhz would be 20.3% lower, so the performance is still pretty darn decent considering.

however, the performance may just be good because two gtx580s at full speed may still be slightly cpu bottlenecked in the P test resolution. im guessing there may be a slightly bigger difference in X test scores.

18. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i dont know i assume the card would easily reach the 772mhz clocks with overcloking.

19. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    I wasn't saying that the underclock didn;t scale well, I was just sort of "wow'd" at seeing the -hypothetical- performance difference between 1x stock GTX 580 and 1x core on the 590. As some others have said, if that would be the case and that is how the card is realistically going to perform, then it would almost seem more sensible just to buy 2x 570's...

20. Amorpheus

Amorpheus Member

GPU:
    6960@928/1450
    That'll lead to a bigger meltdown than Chernobyl. :p At least until watercooling blocks are available - then people who thought AMD's dual GPU card was drawing a lot of power will be in for a shock. But it'll be very, very fast.