Question for those of you with triple monitors & nvidia graphics cards for gaming!! !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by dominant1, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    I own a single Galaxy GTX 570 fermi, it has three connections on the back of it, 2 dvi port connections, and 1 mini hdmi--full size at other end, which can plug into a supplied hdmi to dvi adapter...My question is can i run 3 monitors off these three ports or do i need a dvi adapter, or sli to run a triple monitor set up?

2. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    You need sli for surround.

3. hunuok

hunuok Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 Tri SLI
    You don't need an adapter (cf Eyefinity), but you will need to run SLI.

Unless you go for the upcoming GTX590, which can run surround by itself.

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    ^^^There are several other Nvidia cards that can run multiple displays by using an addon chip like the Geforce GTX 580 Captain, GTX 560 Ti Multiview and GTX 460 3DP.

5. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    I was reading this question on the nvidia site it made me think, let me bounce it off you!

Can I add a 3rd graphics card in my 2-way SLI enabled PC to connect more monitors?
    Yes, you can add an additional graphics card to your PC to connect two additional monitors. The additional graphics card must have a GPU that is different from your SLI GPUs and must be NVIDIA PhysX capable (GeForce 8 series and higher with at least 256MB of memory). For example, two GeForce GTX 2XX GPUs in SLI and a GeForce 9XXX GT is a supported configuration.

I was just thinking my single card can run 2 monitors, i have a spare gtx 260 gpu that i could plug in but not in sli with my Gtx 570 and it can run the 3rd monitor...my question is if that works will it span across all monitors...

6. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
  7. dmanna80

dmanna80 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    How has the support been for nvidia sli surround? Has it been reliable? Are there any known bugs like tearing or stuttering with nvidia sli surround?

8. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    I don't have sli myself, so i don't know.....

9. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    It depends on the res, I was just testing Crysis maxed out with 2aa @ 5760 x 1080 and it stutters quite a bit even with 40fps. Then I ran 1920x1080 8Q smooth as butter. Same problem with Stalker however BFBC2 is very smooth at 5760 maxed out 4msaa. It seems to me at this point if your FPS are good you've got no problem but it will stutter quicker then it does at lower res's if the FPS drop much below 50

10. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Well guys, I'm having so much fun with I-racing, that i took the next step plunge. I picked up a 2nd Galaxy GTX 570 fermi sli 'd it and bought 3 matched monitors. Couldn't resist when the card went on sale for $289.00 @Comp USA , i paid $359.00 for my 1st card months ago. Bought (3)- 22 inch Gateway LED 1920x1080 matched monitors at $139.00 each. Total cost, not including the 1st card= $706.00 ...I'm loving this set racing is much more realistic!