MSI Afterburner 2.1.0 released

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    I find them very dark after I capture compared to FRAPS but its lighter (resources wise) on the PC than FRAPS and for a 1st build very good!

Someone else said this in this section somewhere and a n00b told him to get a better monitor LOL.

I have a Sony FW900 (weeks old) and the games are adjusted fine so its only the video that is dark no doubt because of default brightness/contrast that AB is set to !

Any way to adjust in config for now Unwinder ?

P.S Unwinder if you looking for some ideas as I have no doubts you looked at how FRAPS worked then another App is said to be better than FRAPS (read review a while ago) and use far less resources so PC does not lag while gaming+capturing.

PlayClaw : http://www.playclaw.com/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. duddbudda

duddbudda Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6950 2GB
    Hi, I've just joined to say thanks for the top notch utility;
    got a 6950 for £180 on ebay bnib, was gonna flash it but too many sob stories.
    Never used afterburner before and wow so simple to stock volt to a stable 920 core for 14% increase in heaven,
    stopped steppin for now since perfect 60 Hz vsync in crysis 2.
    So straight up thank you, superb softage

---Edit---
    Having said that a prolonged session on crysis 2 - heaven and crysis 2 max out gpu so that's good enough stability test for me, and no probs until... wierd blue things and mid-air camo effect. I'm posting this here because when I test with afterburner open and collecting data these 'artifacts' appear and when afterburner is closed and data's logged by GPUz I don't have any issues. I've run about an hour each way. If you'd like a better look at screenies pm me ur email cause I can't post links yet, ta

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Actually that "noob" is not a noob at all and he was 100% correct. Your captured videos look darker than original gameplay because a lot of fullscreen games just boost monitor gamma. You can acheive the same effect by adjusting gamma in player when watching the videos. And applying pre-calculated gamma correction to videos directly during capturing is the best way to loose original game in-image quality and to get distorted output on properly calibrated systems (without even mentioning the fact that it wastes performance). So it won't happen and Afterburner will always capture 100% original framebuffer contents only.

4. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    He could still have just been the usual "Troll" reply and not have know that, just by way he worded it IMO !

Does not mean the peep needed a better monitor lol.

I actually do not capture videos much now but was good to try it but I am not going to adjust gamma per App as I do not have to do for any other reason.

Players look absolutely tying for video playback as that is my primary use of them on a calibrated Sony FW900 (4 weeks old as new).

Thanks for great App and your time to give me feedback on topic I posted.

5. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    The "dark video non-issue" can be resolved by either tweaking your media player or switching to a different one.

6. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    ^^ I already stated I will not be as I was only messing about with the new function as have no real need these days to capture gameplay and my video players are for primary movies !

At least now I know why it is dark. :)

7. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    I was thinking of buying a R6950 Twin Frozr 3 OC when it's out, but is it possible to use it with reference 6950 in cfx, cause 6950 TF3 will have tripple overvoltage (when u set it to synchroon)?

Will there be another beta verson for 6950 TF3?

8. Andrea_23

Andrea_23 Member

GPU:
    5870@950|1250|1.2v
    This 2.1 is a-w-e-s-o-m-e. Thanks to the staff :___).

9. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    its not showing up for me

i have msi ab 2.1.0 and kombuster i think is 2.0.0

shows all the rest but not that one.
    current system is on left side of screen

10. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    BTW Kombuster got update the other day (minor update) !

11. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    anyway he can add other temp monitoring to this app..would be realing good .im tried of using 3 or 4 diff app to know temps of mobo cpu n gpu.. y not add msi mobo temp n volt reg north/south chipset temps. we need one app that does it all. rivatuner was good for it with plugins can msi thingy use plugins i dont know about for cpu temps.....

i mean if msi paying u for it why not make app more extreme for msi mobos n expand to all mobos like gfx cards are

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    MSI have pc alert for motherboards.
    I dont think any manufacturer has something like that except eleet.
    I could be wrong thuo..

13. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Sorry, we dont haver any plan to support MB function in Afterburner in the near future.

14. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    Can you put the SavemediaAudio download link again?

That isn´t working.

PS: You know when New beta is out?

15. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Was SaveImage.cfg removed at some point between this version and 2.0.0? I am unable to locate it or see it mentioned in any patch notes.

16. flopper

flopper Member

GPU:
    xfx 6950 2gb
    BC2 and most likely Punkbuster dont like msi afterburner.
    soundbug occours and crash happens with needed reboot.
    Can confirm shutting down msi afterburner allows BC2 to function properly.

1. dont have any osd or such active.

I run crossfire 6850 oc to 930mhz.
    windows 7 64bit
    asus essence stx sound card.

17. Gojden

Gojden Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    I don't know if this shouldn't be here but I have 2.1 and how are people getting the video so smooth? I have tried with 25% quality setting, at 1/4 frame and 60FPS and even with older games the video will run (and when I'm playing) at 20FPS with graphical anomolies (no overclocking).

18. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I have no problems capturing smooth video. Maybe you should try capturing at 30fps instead of 60fps and put the video capture folder on a different hard drive than your games.

19. Gojden

Gojden Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Actually I already have it on a different drive but I think I figured out the issue. I need a high GPU usage so the GPU handles the game processing and not the CPU otherwise I will be heavily CPU limited (game, recording and compression right?). Perhaps it does also matter what kind of engine is used, I haven't really done a decent comparison between many of them.

20. MaxKohler

MaxKohler New Member

GPU:
    radeon 4870
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011