Dragon Age 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Based on a series of books and shorts, yeah, but the story is their own, rather than one of the book's. Adapting a book to a game rarely works and CD Projekt realized that, so they made their own story in the Witcher's world rather than adapting one of the stories.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Armour of the Fallen? Where did you get that from? And yeah, I could have probably manage the wraith on normal, but it was like 3am and I needed to go to sleep cos I'm working all day today :(

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    You pick it up bit by bit throught various quest's in act one, the dragon in the deep roads gives you the chest plate, the gloves, boots and helm are from others quests, worth getting tho as its really good.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I really hate saying the witcher 2 or skyrm are going to be rpgs of the year or the decade or whatever wo playing them :p. Not like oblivion was even that good an rpg, horrible story, clunky animations, weak ass rpg mechanics. Now maybe skyrm will be 100% better, maybe it will have a story that is so epic the heavens will open, but a ton of game trailers look epic and quit setting yourself up to expect that it will be great just because the trailer looked sweet.

There is every chance that lest the witcher 2 will have a great story, being that it is based off of novels, but we have yet to see how the new mechanics work in practice, tho i do have more expectations for w2 than i do for skyrm just based on the developers histories.

Far as da2 stop buying the hate :p, yes it is a bit nerfed tactics wise from dao big deal, you can always play on nightmare or just use a 2 or 3 man party vs a full group. I really wish this game would get more praise cause it did do one thing i was begging bioware to do and that is try something new in the story department, which they did and in that part of the game imo they hit it out of the park.

5. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Lol you can't equip custom armor on companions anymore.... hahahahaha GTFO

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Good post! Welcome to page 40 of this thread and enjoy your stay. Do you have anything else to say?

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    lol.... to be fair I'd find no custom armour a bit annoying too, not a deal breaker tho

8. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    i finally played this POS, because i'm kinda bored playing FPS, and a friend gave this game as a gift to me (maybe because i liked the first DA), and i'm trying not to be rude to her, and decided to play this game.

and i can say this :
    1. this game is more optimized than the first DA.
    2. the combat is too fast.
    3. even on nightmare, this game is too easy.
    4. is this game for gays ? because the only romance dialogue option that is available for me, is only with the male companion.
    5. for me all of the female companion in this game is unattractive, unlike the first DA, i liked Leliana.
    6. the dungeons and places are clones with only small differences.
    7. what is with the lvl 25 cap ? unless we played it again with new game+, but from what i can gather is that 50 is max lvl.

well i think that is all, i'm not trying to flame anyone, and it's all from my point of view, and everyone is entitled for their own point of view.

Edit : i forgot to put something :
    8. No custom armor for companions.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  9. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Still haven't played it and doubt I will buuut...
    3. DAO was easy as well
    4. That is quite a ridiculous statement, especially with Isabella around, you just haven't found the female romance option (which I guess is Isabella, god is she awful)
    6. Yeah, ok, I did hear that they do a lot of copy paste, repeating that mistake from ME1.
    7. The cap was level 25 in DAO as well.

I understand people having different taste and opinions and while I disliked the demo I have to say that some of the complains seem rather ridiculous.

10. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    well Fenris tried to sit near me during conversations,
    and i'm disgusted by the dialogue options,
    and during conversation with anders,
    i'm also disgusted with the dialogue options.

and from what i heard Merril is a lesbian,
    and that's why she is kicked from her clan,
    and the reason her entire clan treated her badly,
    except the keeper of the clan,
    but that's just becaue the keeper is old and needed a replacement.

and i just met isabela, and nope i'm not attracted to her,
    looks like i will be alone in DA2.

btw why did they have to make Bethany as main char sister?

why not as an childhood friend that managed to escape from lothering together with us,

because i'm attracted to bethany, but can't romance her, since she is my sister, and that would be incest (disgusting),

why bioware? why made bethany as my sister?!!!!!!!!!!

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, I loved Bethany.

Lovable character in more than a sister way.

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [SPOLER]Wait, what? I thought they hated her because she practiced blood magic, that and her restoring that mirror.

13. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Opps i actually leveled up my characters to lvl 50 not lvl 80.

I cannot lvl up anymore.

This game is less complex than the other rpgs. You just need to care about equipping your main char and not pay too much attention to the rest of them. If you guys remember playing baldur's gate trying to take note of the stats of 6 players and then equipping all of them. WOW a freaking major headache i must say. It was better for dragon age origins but still pretty tedious and it's even less tedious for this. If it gets less tedious it'll become an arcade hack and slash adventure. I still have not gone to the deep roads. There are SOOOOOOOO many side quests. It's getting to be more wtfish.

Game is getting more interesting and the dx11 and high textures make the clothings of the characters look very good. Some of the backgrounds look dx11 but the rest of the game looks like dx9.

One more thing i don't know why despite having lvl 50 characters and playing on nightmare mode they still die pretty easily. I don't know what spell or skill the enemies have but something will just explode and my lvl 50 characters will simply instantly die. What sort of spell is that? The game doesn't have descriptions of the spells or skills casted by the enemy.

14. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    So i just want to get this straight. If your character is a male. Then in the beginning the orgre will kill your brother the templar? If your character is a female, your sister bethany will die instead? Is this correct?

I'm playing as a female mage btw.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's class based. :)
    (Warrior or Rogue = mage sister, Mage = warrior brother.)

16. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    let's make a petition,
    so that in future patch,
    bioware changed bethany background from sister to a childhood friend :D .

17. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

How does the orgre kill the brother btw?

I can see that the mum doesn't really like him.

In fact he seems to be the least liked npc.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Though it's not much of a spoiler as it's right at the start but.
    It's a sort of glancing blow - in game terms it's a failed attack due to low attack value and thus doing minimal damage - were he hits the bracer of the creature but is caught in the momentum and gets grabbed and crushed towards the ground and thrown away, Lliana or what the mom was called then rushes over while you, Aveline and Bethany attack the ogre, that templar guy doesn't do much as usual.

EDIT: Both siblings are a bit envious of Hawke, Carter due to Hawke's prowess and always being better and Bethany due to having that Apostate issue, you'll learn this pretty quickly (Initial codex entries even.) just make sure to talk to them when possible and set the path towards either friend or rival depending on what you prefer.

Also if you push towards rivalry be aware discussions and gifts will keep pushing towards this and friendship will be more difficult to achieve. :)
    (Similarly during discussion a more aggressive response will stack and make your character be more aggressive even for the other responses and his tone to speak, this resets for each chapter from what I've read but it's a interesting touch though it likely affects little aside from Hawke's tone or way to speak, actual conversations likely play out largely the same.)

19. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Love this game. It does seem alittle dumbed down, but still I'm enjoying it pretty good. I never used any of the profession skills. (posion making, etc) in DAO so I'm not missing them at all.

The characters in DAO were more enjoyable though. Morrigan my favorite was such a bitch but she was bad ass. Everyone in DA2 just seems rather dry. The tactical camera sucks like everyone else says. Still the game grew on me after only a few hours of play.

The one thing I dont seem to like is the the odd stutter during combat. I'll run afterburner tonight and monitor my fps but the fighting seems to move like show at times.

The players move about so fast its hard to catch a glimse of whats actually going on they move like clay fighters.

I wouldnt mind they make a patch to slow that down a bit.

Still I think I just expected so much more as DAO was probly the best RPG I've ever played. I expected that plus more.

The game does feel rushed.

20. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Got to Act 3 and there are bugs everywhere.

Hawke slow motion, quests not activating, stuck in locations...

To those of you that still haven't purchased the game, (talking to you Mr.Bigtime ;) ) definitely wait for the first patch.

It's still a fantastic game, I'm really enjoying it.