new order worry

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by technotoad, Mar 13, 2011.

1. technotoad

technotoad Active Member

GPU:
    msi,gtx 570
    i have just ordered a msi gtx 570 for a good price so i am all buzzing with exitement but i was reading all the info i could and came across someone who had just got an gtx 570 but with a weird 400 series cooler, is this a bad thing. as i will send it back if so.

thx for any help

2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i wouldn't worry until you see yours.... what brand is it???

3. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    If u mean me.. i have a MSI GTX 570 with the normal cooler..

Gpu can get quite hot with the fanspeed on auto .. but if u make ur own custom fanspeed profile .. then it wont get over 75c (in my case)

4. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    This ^^

I have a clocked 570 (820/2000) with a custom fan profile which keeps it no higher than 72'c :D

5. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Yep i have mine also overclocked 800/2000/1600

6. technotoad

technotoad Active Member

GPU:
    msi,gtx 570
    this is the one i have ordered http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...diagtx570fermiseries/msi/n570gtx-m2d12d5.html
    but after seeing someone on the nvidia forum with this
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=195328 i thought that i am not sure i want something that my not be proven as a good ie cool and quiet
    the reason i am a little concerned is in the order number as oc at the end and other cards they sell that have oc at the end are overclocked models which lead me to think they may send me one of these other cards instead.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  7. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Hmmm.. the one you ordered is the same one which i bought a few days ago..

Altough i have to say that the picture on the nvidia forum is quite weird because that is a GTX 480 cooler and it says cleary GTX 570 on top if u turn the picture around...

Do those exist??

But the one you are purchasing is a stock card so i think yal get the normal GTX 570 reference design like mine..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    ^^agreed, and even if its an oC'd edition, you have saved a few pennies and are guaranteed a safe over clock!!

And TBH, the vapour chamber thing isn't all its hyped up to be. I have a 580, and still run a custom fan setting.

9. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I have a Gainward GS GLH clocked @ 850/1700/2100 with v1.025 and it can get a bit hot under test.
    Im having a custom fan profile to match the temperature (70%-70c) and so far it keeps the beast under 80s, which is fine. Even with demanding games like Crysis/Crysis 2 demo or furmark, having the fan @ 70% keeps the card around 82c which is cool imho.
    Great great card if you ask.