24 bit 48000hz vs 24bit 96000hz

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by damien666, Feb 26, 2011.

1. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    Yes, you are right..i'm going to try to find a review

2. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    Thanks a lot for clarifying things even more, it really help. Is one way better than the other (Scenario #1 vs #2)? Also if you use the second method which I think I already seen few days ago in google pictures, the same wire goes bare-wired from the H-feq connector then to the L-feq connector but how exactly do you do this? I mean.. you prolly don't stripe 6inch of cable since the cable part between the 2 connectors will be unprotected so do you just stripe the edge and a 1.5cm, few inch before the edge for the upper connector? I would prolly understand easier/faster with pictures as you said :)

At least now I'm happy to know that I wouldn't have to get another expensive amp if I want to do it someday.

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hahah cables HMM i have more than i know what to do with, check out these lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i agree,

same as robscix said you buy these if you dont have the money and then upgrade mate... personally my self id wait untill i could afford a amp / front speakers and buy them, youd save money in long run :)

i use option one mate, the only difference is, cables, if you have substantial cable going to ur speaker to carry the data then you dont need the to length setup in option one, you still can like me just because i for £150 of cable free with my setup as i spent alittle over £3000 at the time... as for the option too the LOOP i call it thats simple and noononono you dont strip the loop cable lol who did that DRRR hehe

all you do if strip enough to put it into the connectors...

here some of my setup, you can see i have two cables per connector so 2+ and 2- cables

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and this is what the other end looks like

[​IMG] [​IMG]

so whats youd have for the 2nd option is ud not have the L-feq cable at the bottom youd have a lengh of say 6inch with 1/2" of stripped cables either side of the lengh and then one end of the 6" would go into the H-feq and the other would drop to the L-feq :) do you understand

MY ROOM SETUP
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3809883&postcount=1120

this is my cable, i have about 150meters in my room which is 4.2x3.6 in size.. which include 6speakers and all are bi-wired :) this cable has 400 copper stands per -/+ side of the cable as its great would not change this for any reason, unless i went silver cable for my treble, but this would cost me alot fo this upgrade

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-400/gale-symphony-400

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  4. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    I'm not sure to understand exactly the reason why you went with option #1 if the sound quality is as good "same" as in option #2 because it requires twice as much cable which means twice the price of cables for.. the same SQ?!? 0_o

I finaly get it however for the 6" cable in option #2 :) It makes sense once you know you can have 2 ends per connector behind the speaker, just like behind the receiver. Now I know why there's 2 "holes" per connector but that means I wouldn't be able to use my banane plugs if I'd have bi-wired speakers.

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i only went option one as i got alot of free cable and ive moved my room around alot and needed new cable each time ive moved as the lengths are normally longer and i dotn do joints lol.. so in the end the cables have been moved about so much i have lots spare.... i have £100 worth of cable in my bed room under the bed lol

6. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Nice setup Damien, I've got the same speakers :)

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Cables, Ha your should see behind my PC desk. I have a corner desk but both side are full of audio component. It looks like I have a stereo stack in both side of my PC desk.
    I actually have a diagram showing signal flow and wiring. I think I am going to add a patch bay so I can change my system around without rewiring.
    I do alot of recording and other tasks so I pretty much use everything I have on the desk. I just installed a receiver I was given a few days ago but I have not patched it in yet.

8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    you have mordaunt short speakers? which ones

hahaha i know what you mean lol

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Since you are bi-amping your fronts....do you notice better sound quality now?
    If your speakers have that option then you might aswell use it.

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi mate i have all my 6 speakers bi wired :)

also their is quiet a difference between bi wired and not... i can tell quiet easy which is which...i wired up two sets of book shelf's when i got them one with bi and the other set without and, then got a mate to randomly changed between the speaker zones i had then setup to.. zone A / B ... well this is a very fair test as volume and all settings and position of them stayed the same, all that happened was he changed from zone A/B at random while i closed my eyes and listened and i got 100% of the guesses correct :)

ive also done this with a £10 / £30 / £90 canbridge audio coax cables.. and i could tell the difference every time. so i think this proves two things firstly bi wire effects the sound the extent that one can tell the difference and also a company that makes a bunch of cables at various prices do pur effort into their design as the sound does change from cable to cable.. im currently using the £90 coax and dont thik i will ever need another :)

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Cool stuff, I guess I missed that part in your post. I have been considering such a system myself.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not sure how your receiver works, but is your bi-wiring the same as bi-amping, i know it isn't on mine anyway.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I meant for a future system.

14. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    I can see that you went with option one as you had many spare/unused cable so it wasn't going to cost you more but that still doesn't exactly answer my question. Is the sound quality in bi-wired better with option one which requires twice more than option two because people who don't have a hidden chest under their bed with 200$ of cable, they won't go with #1 which need 2x more cable if the quality is gonna end up the same if you see what I mean.

Hmm, I've always been told that with digital stuff it could only either work 100% or 0%. Nothing in between unlike analog cable which are really prone to diverse problems if the quality of the cable isn't good enough so why pay 90$ instead of 10$ for a coaxial cable if both will sound the same? The more expensive one may just be more resistant/solid and have connectors less prone to rusting and stuff like that but won't affect the SQ :3eyes:

15. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    902i Signature. I have big plans for them though - I'm currently (still) working on the case for the amplifier.

Couldn't tell any difference between biamping and not - but I didn't do a blind test. I tried biwiring last and left it like that though.

Decent little speakers, though the crossovers are incredibly simplistic. Always enjoyed mine, though I'm not using them at the moment as an incentive to get the amp finished lol

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi no mate bi-amp / bi-wire is alot different :)

no mate unless you have really thin crap cable the extra wont improve ur sound.. i have high quailty cable and i only use it cus its their lol.. i could quiet easly use single cable with loop but i have plenty spare at no extra cost so not a problem for me :)

as for digital i was always told the same also, ive tested with optical and their is no difference her but with a psyical current flowing down copper wire their is defo an improvement... i can easly hear the difference in the hole range of Hz

the yes 920i are what i have at the front/rear.. i use 914 for the fronts as i prefer them over the 914i the older series floor standers are loads better than the "i" series

i love my sound system very good quality all in all

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thought so, just wasn't sure because your receiver had double the connectors.

Mine doesn't, so i haven't bothered with the other 3, and just bi amp the front two.

I have used a small run of cable to connect the two plugs together on the back of the speaker, whether that makes any difference or not, but it was something i read a few years ago.

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi so you have connected the H-feq / L-feq connectors on ur speakers together ?? if so this means that your not using them in bi-wire mate... please explain more or send pic

19. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Bi-amping is using a different amplifier for the high and low frequency with an active (or sometimes passive) signal-level crossover.

More power for free, better efficiency, better damping, more linear...and you even get bi-wiring thrown in for free :)

Big fan of the Mordaunt-Short stuff. It's killer for the price.

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

have to agree, i think if i ever upgrade ill get 7.1 mezzo 8's + mezzo 9 sub and then a new amp but itll be a nad / higher end denon i think :( but cant afford them at the moment lol...