RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Nope, in fact my GTA IV profile is only disabling Windows Aero glass, nothing else. Crossfire is working as it always worked. Is your game patched?

Disable CrossfireX bar or vsync. If you want to use CFX bar, always disable vsync to avoid stuttering.

2. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    Any idea what could be causing zero percent second GPU usage in Bad Company 2? Or is this about what I should expect with a 5970?

[​IMG]

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Is Catalyst AI disabled?

Is CFX working when you play without RP?

4. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Ok, bit of a bummer as i like the cfx bar but hate screen tear and the extra heat produced by not running v-sync.

5. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    Catalyst AI is not disabled. GPUZ says Crossfire is enabled.

I'm not sure how to check if CFX is working without using RP.

I do know that Bad Company 2 isn't the only game where this happens. I tried Metro 2033 and the second GPU remains at zero the whole time.

Maybe there's something wrong with my card?

6. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Download msi afterburner, and in the osd utility allow gpu usage to be displayed. It will tell you the percentage the cards are been stressed.

7. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    OK, I will try that when I get home today. Thanks!

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Yes, i use the steam version. Maybe it's working yes, but i only get 29fps.
    At the intro (when you drive too the apartment) i get like 50fps.

9. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    @forlanshair: to have cfx enabled with radeonpro you have to disable api monitoring. just right click on the bad company 2 profile and disable it ;)

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, the only way to avoid stuttering is disable vsync. Some engines don't have stutter with vsync on.

Try MSI Afterburner, turn its OSD feature and set GPU usage to be displayed on OSD.

Why? I don't have to disable API monitoring to use CFX on BF BC2.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3876/bfbc2gameexe20101106023.jpg

If CFX isn't working without RP then disabling API monitoring would not help at all.

11. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    for me cfx is working without rp and with disable api monitoring. it's not working when rp and api monitoring are on.

Edit: also why do you play bfbc2 with such low settings? ^^ i'm playing with downsampling+maxsettings+4msaa, looks like a cg movie without the jaggies.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Maybe your special settings are causing that. BTW, I only tested with DX11.

How do you set downsampling for BF BC2?

13. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Yeah I'm also only playing in DX11 and it could be the downsampling causing this problem. Will write a tut in here if you want for downsampling on ATI cards with dx10+dx11.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sure, please do it when you can. Thanks.

15. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    I've managed to fix my problem, somewhat. MSI Afterburner was reporting that GPU1 was stuck at 0 percent throughout the Metro 2033 benchmark, so I did a factory reset inside CCC, restarted, and now both GPUs report up to ~100 percent use.

But then I loaded up RP again, didn't select a profile (RP just ran in the background), and GPU1 was back to 0 percent use.

My guess is that I've somehow set RP's default profile to use only one GPU. How would I fix that? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question!

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Right-click any profile on your list, keep left shift pressed and select Open Location. This will open RP data folder, locate ___GlobalProfile.xml and open it on notepad, copy its contents and post here.

17. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    TUT for downsampling under DX10+ on ATI: Download the SSAA-Tool on this site: http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html
    Unrar and install the vcredist files, also you should sign the sys files in the folder, you can do it with dseo13b.exe, here's the download and tut for that: http://thehotfix.net/forums/index.p...and-run-unsigned-drivers-in-64-bit-windows-7/

Then open the games.txt where u write the path for the bfbc2game.exe, u should do that for every game u want to use downsampling. Next you have to open the config.txt and delete everything and wirte into it:
    [enabled settings]
    SETTING_FORCE_SSAA=2

The 2 is the scaling factor of your resolution, so if it is set to 2 and your monitor res is 1680x1050 the downsampling will be from 3360x2100, another good value for downsampling is 1.5 if you are having performance issues with 2. You can also write any number form 0 to 999999.9999999 ;)
    Then you start the enable_ssaa_tool32.exe for 32bit apps and the 64.exe for 64bit apps, eg. crysis 64bit. The last thing to do is to start the game and go into the options menu and enable the higher resolution. Finished :D

Here are comparison shots:

With SSAA
    [​IMG]

Without SSAA
    [​IMG]

Edit: Maybe I should open a new thread for that?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Doesn't work in MP, you'll get kicked for Double D3D or something.

19. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Yeah thats true, forgot to mention it, but you can still have downsampling when you set the res in the game ini, just the mouse won't work in the game menu. All games with punkbuster don't like this method ^^.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    @Jakshi: the CFX not working for you may be SSAATool incompatibility with RP. Thanks for the tutorial though.

@signex: PB treats RP OSD code as cheating, you must disable API monitoring for BFBC2 profile to avoid being kicked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.