Bulletstorm Driver Performance Thread!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HaZe303, Feb 20, 2011.

1. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    What is a good vram setting for 1gb cards?

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    poolsize 320-512 should be enough

I disabled back ground level streaming too, actually its the first thing i did before tweaking anything else and it didnt help much for me though,... still those crappy streaming issues at certain places.

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

hmm well i was tweaking that , suddenly i saw ur comment when refreshed, so it didn't do much...i don't like Unreal Engine..... Anyway Gears of war was better than this....

4. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

5. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Bulletstorm runs fine for me so far.

Just finished Act 1 Chapter 1 and no bugs encountered. The game runs smooth as butter but generally doesn't get much above 30fps although sometimes briefly gets up to 60fps. However as long as its smooth anything above 30fps is playable. It probably could be better optimized as usually I get 60fps with vsync on. I have settings on max and it doesn't seem to make much difference if I use 8x AA or 2x AA so running at 8x. Enjoying it so far and will report back if I do come across any bugs.

6. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Eh, BF3 in this thread? Bulletstorm the whole point of the game was to make fun of Treyarch, Infinity Ward and DICE. That to me was the essence of the game, it was saying how dumb tactical games was. And I agree with the game in many ways.

Oh well, BulletStorm I thought was many times more fun than BC2 and all the COD games combined.

7. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    How is 30fps to 60fps and back to 30fps is smooth like butter?
    30fps is unplayable imho. Specially for fast shooters.

8. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Have to disagree BC2 was amazing. Engine and gameplay wise. But everyone and his own taste.

9. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    wow really? u should have run this game smoothly cuz gts 250 is a pretty good card, u would run the game smooth unless u run at very high resolution

10. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    dude u have almost the same setup as me i dont get it why u dont get a smooth game?

it was stuttering horribly before... then i search the net and did the settings i posted above and boom! the game gets smooth as it should be

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea im at small reso 1280x1024, well the game runs smooth until streaming occurs then it hickups - 62 to 57fps or sometimes to 53fps and back to 62fps and i can see this stutter/jitter when im moving forward through the levels and its annoying as hell.. actually that's the only thing that sucks by U3E, idk how didn't they notice something like that when they tested it.. :3eyes:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  12. countmurcie

countmurcie Member

GPU:
    AMD 5700
    Thank's BENtayan89

I was missing the all important PoolSize variable. Set it to 900; i have a 1GB AMD HD6850. On a 10 minutes playthrough, Memstatus 2.65 by Kevin Reems, showed a video memory usage of 650 MB. Bulletstorm settings are all maxed out with 4X AA. No more occasional stutter in area were there used to be some slight itching.

13. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

hmm, I didn't see the word poolsize variable, where is that located..... anybody....

14. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    in the end of the game config(ini), theres is...

15. countmurcie

countmurcie Member

GPU:
    AMD 5700
    1-Locate the file: StormEngine.ini

In Windows XP it's located in the following directory: My documents\My Games\BulletStorm\StormGame\Config

2-Find the following section: [TextureStreaming]

3-Edit this entry: PoolSize=150
    Increase the amount to, let's say, 10% less then the amount of memory on your video card.

Example:
    Video card with 512MB: PoolSize=450
    Video card with 1024MB: PoolSize=900

4-Save the file.

5-Test it.

6-If you're annoyed with the stuttering intro video then put a semicolon in front of the following entry:

[FullScreenMovie]
    ;StartupMovies=LoadingMovieStartup

Correction:

I've removed this section from my post because it seem to be causing trigger problem when dying. Restarting from your previous checkpoint may not trigger the desired action; doors will not open, cutscene will not play etc. So do not modify this section or at your own risk. Leave it at: True

[Engine.Engine]
    bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=True

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

16. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Do others also have, when the game starts, and it shows the EA logo, the movie skips/pauses for 1 sec, and continues ?

I'm running this legit through steam,
    also the stuttering is alot less on the steam and legit version, then the cracks that use emulation for GFWL

It mostly runs smooth on my system, with AA@4 + low shadows @ 1080p.
    Smoothness is also alot better when using a controller (xbox)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  17. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6700XT
    yes we do

18. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Unbelieveable that the developers left this in, the first thing you see, when you run the game, is a stuttering intro movie.

19. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    "\Bulletsorm\StormGame\Movies\LoadingMovieStartup.bik"
    Rename to "LoadingMovieStartup.old" to get rid of the intro movie.
    This is the first thing I did, It's lagging and loud as f**k. Why would you want to watch it more then once anyway.
    The game will also start much much faster.

20. AxelL

AxelL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    So, if I have a 2GB card, I should set it to 1800? Or that is useless after a certain point?