5670 crossfire/xfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by CaliMnTSnaKe, Feb 28, 2011.

1. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    Hello Gurus, I have a XFX 1G 5670 with dual crossfire fingers my question is will this gpu only xfire with 2 cards or can it do trifire or quad :wanker: it is a single slot version.

2. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Why would you want to go tri-fire anyway? The gains aren't that good, better off buying a new card if you want increased performance.

3. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    save ur money and buy something better, with the money with tri or quad u can buy something really good :D :banana:

4. GTS

GTS Member

GPU:
    8800GTS G92
    may be buying one 6850 its cheaper than three 5670 , and absolutely faster than three entry level card

5. ibitato

ibitato Guest

not many games support > 2 GPUS, it's better to stay 2 or go to a higher GPU , single core.......
    Id change current GPU for a better one

6. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    Im gaming @ 1920x1080 with titles such as Far cry 2,Bad company 2,COD Black ops and getting roughly around 40-50 fps witch is good considering im only running single card. Ive had a GTX 260 SLI and maxed almost any game but one of my gpus has been sold so I thought I would try ATI for a chance considering how happy I am with this decision I want to add maybe one more card or two more at max that's why I need to know if theses gpus can Trifire or quadfire:biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun:

7. ibitato

ibitato Guest

they can , but the scaling (that is way better then 4xxx serires) will do NOTHING for you on games, with >2GPUS; only brenches
    also, there is the negative scaling problem with some games
    Like I said (look at my signature), keep your self on a single high end card, or at the most , x2 ATi solutions or 2 GPU cards on CF ,

trifire and quad is pointless for gaming, having the powerhouse cards have right now

8. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    I just notice you have a trifire setup, do you play far cry 2? how is the scaling in most games except crysis lol

9. ibitato

ibitato Guest

FC2 it's great , I don't have any issues .....
    Crysis scales very well and plays very well, all maxed out 2xAA,
    with 4xAA I have slow downs on heavy fights ....
    Beware, 4xxx series scaling is different from new series, ATi re-did a lot of the drivers code ......
    There are many ppl having issues with new cards and scaling , on 5xxx and 6xxx serires, but in general terms it's working ok.
    Many times you need to tweak stuff with Radeon Pro to get better results
    and there are games that won't use >2 GPUs

Nowadys , I wouln't go for CF, not even 2 cards.
    Single cards are powerfull, less PW consp. and can run almost anything now
    Hell, I run most of the games I play on a single 4870

/edit
    I game at 1920x1200 on a 26'' BTW ........

10. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425

Yeah I use to have a 4890 that played everything on max settings it was a great card still is by my standards today.

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I know its not what you want to hear, but the majority of the guru's here are right. The cost and negatives in going quad with 5670 cards just isn't worth the performance increase. Also, don't forget that with that type of setup you will experience BIG increase in case temperature and power consumption! Your money would be much better spent on a single better card. I wouldn't even run my 5750 (faster than the 5670) in tri or quad, because in the long run, it just wouldn't be worth it cost/performance/hassle wise.

12. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    Temperature is not an issue as I have a water loop for the i7 and two intake fans one exhaust and I think 5670 pulls like 80 watts with a modest oc and my power supply is more then capable of quad 5670 :wanker: I think im just curious to see some benches and how four 5670 would perform hence one card runs great (40-50 fps 59c max most my games) @ 1920x1080 medium settings my motherboard supports pcie 16x 8x 8x 8x I wish guru3D had a 5670 trifire or quad bench I cant find them anywhere so maybe its not a good choice but one card performs so well I could only imagine how four cards would scale.

13. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    So you went from 4890 to GTX 260 to 5670? You have successfully progressed backwards with every move. I don't understand your reasoning as to why you would do that.

14. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    lol, what you don't get it? He wants to buy 4 of something much less powerful so he can run them at the same time! :rolleyes:

15. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    I went from GTX 260 SLI>GTX 260>4890>5670 the reason for the backwards upgrades was because my GTX 260 was sold to a friend then I got the 4890 and sold that too and then I wanted DX11 so I bought the 5670 1G

16. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    That makes a little more sense. What do you think about DX11 after you've made the jump? Is it an obvious difference visually to you?

17. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    well after playing bad company 2 and getting some screens up in a moment for you. its reasonable to say there is a slight difference in textures from DX9 to DX11.

hmm can't seem to get theses screens to upload :3eyes:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011