Official Test Drive Unlimited 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MerkageTurk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    well, the last patch made the game much better, the vivid colors and the weather makes this game very beautiful, imo is the best looking driving game i ever played, i just love to drive into the sunset with a convertible car, after a thunder storm (when the road it's still wet)..gorgeous game.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Really? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but NFS Hot Pursuit is a much better looking game that this. TDU2 is so 2 years ago. It's still a fun game though and at least the new patch solved, or seemed to, the log in issue.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I have both. I seem to be more addicted to TDU2 for various obvious reasons. NFSHP seems to be a game I will play for 20 mins and either get bored or the GO GO GO GO!!! mentality of the game gets to much and I wanna quit for a while.

They are both different but not better or worse than the other. I have both games maxed out and I would say looks wise they are nearly on par.

4. JustClockin

JustClockin Guest

GPU:
    geforce 9600 gtx
    Played it on xbox and i pretty much liked it , even if i expected something better comparing it to TDU

5. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Yeah i agree that Hot Pursuit looks better overall, but when you go into details, in my opinion TDU 2 wins. Plus Hot Pursuit never got me in front of my monitor for 7-8 hours straight (only Forza 3 and now TDU 2 managed that :) ).

6. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  7. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    TDU2 has great scale and has great submersible perception as a result, but the car models and individual track side details are far from the best in a racing game! You can just tell that the poly count is low. Cars at times look almost cartoonish.

Dirt2 looks far far better in my humble opinion and that game is a year or two older.

8. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Gotta love those Jolt missions where you have to take Patty Pukesalot or Betty Barfer home. Haven't had one puke in my car yet. I like the Convoy missions too, easy money.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I tried a few such missions, often had to drive on offroad type terrain and was a bit stubborn and had a A1 class race car (Exploring being easier due to the speed advantage, usually works to unlock first two levels for exploration and thus shop extras for tuners, clothes and hair.), they didn't last very long in that car.

10. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Trying to discover all the car dealers in Hawaii, searching for 2 hours and found 4.
    I love the scale, shooting through the streets with my subaru for hours is great fun!

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I hated this game at first, but now i'm warming to it. I just wish they'd sort the performance issues out. My rig should be able to run this really well, yet i find myself dealing with as low as 30fps in areas and thats wityhout the game on Full settings!! wtf is that about???

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The game totally broke for me after last update, just an infinite loading screen. I said screw it and uninstalled. I'll come back when they (if even) they fix the 10 million issues.

13. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    Haha the streets are accurate in hawaii but the stores :eek: lemme go to buffalo wild wings! drive drive drive... its not there *sad face

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been on Hawaii for the past week (in the game, not reality unfortunately!) and I'm getting annoyed by the jaggy/flickering road markings. I've enabled Transparency Multisampling and Clamp in the driver for TDU2 but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there any way to minimise it?

15. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    overall how is the game running on your rig, and what settings/drivers are you using??

16. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    I bought the game today. It wouldn't complete the installation from my samsung blu-ray drive so i put the dvd in the pioneer drive and i spent the past four hours racing Miami on the solar crown contests and then testing my skills at the driving school.

Game runs 40-50fps at 1920x1080 AAx2 all settings high. G25 wheel, pedals and h-shifter all work flawlessly. I'm going to re-configure all the controls so it's like TDU1.

Having fun. Glad I bought it. Soon I'll be hosting cruises over at the Atari Forums again.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Running pretty much flawlessly at 50-60 fps using 1920x1200, Very High settings and 8xAA. I've also enabled triple buffering via D3DOverrider. I'm using the v266.77 WHQL drivers.

18. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    starting to like the game alot more, A7 class cars sucked really bad. but now i have the impreza, and im starting to like it alot more :D

though the cockpit view sucks really hard in about 90% of the vehicles :(
    really do hope they bring back the feature to adjust your seat from tdu1, or just something to fix it.
    its horrible.

19. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I'm finding sometimes I can play and get 60+fps without going below 60 maxed out fully enhanced aa in nvcp@8x 4xsupersample and othertimws i load it, it does not matter what settings i use i get ~30fps, on LOW and VERY HIGH, i just don't understand that?!?!?

When it is running sweet, i now really LOVE this game, but it takes about 10 reboots/restarts to get it so it runs properly.

Also my GPU usage is lame, never above 60%

20. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I noticed a similar behaviour in my setup also.
    I play at 1920X1080, veryhigh, 4XAA and i have an average of 40fps (30fps the absolute minimum).
    Sometimes, usually after 2 hours+ of gaming, my framerate drops to 15-18fps and the game becomes unplayble. The problem persists even if i close the game and rerun it. The only solution is to restart my pc. Hopefully one time is enough, and not ten as you mention.

It seems like a memory leak effect, but i can't say it for sure as i didn't tried to identify the reason.

My gpu usage is 99%.