How much do you spend on gas a month?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by DerSchniffles, Feb 14, 2011.

?

How much do you spend on gas a month?

1. $50 or less

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. $50-100

16 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. $100-150

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. $150-200

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. $200-250

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. More than $250

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. I use public transportation (how much $ a month)

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  8. I walk/ride my bike

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Just curious to see how much everyone spends on gas a month. I know alot of you are from the UK and gas is much more expensive (and theres alot more/better public transportation) but im still curious.

I spend about $250 a month in gas as I drive 40 minutes to work and another 40 minutes back home 5 days a week for work. It costs me around $60-65 to fill up my tank when its on E (18 gallon tank).

2. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    18mpg = too much even for short trips wasnt a problem before tho didnt need to drive as far as often before

3. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I use trains/my feet, but petrol is around £1.30 per litre here now.. But trains usually cost me £0 :)

4. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'd say, $20 a year..i usually catch rides with fam/friends rather then use my own car.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I plan to take a different approach this year. Later on, whenever I have $1500 to blow, I'm picking up a Honda Ruckus schooter haha. Those things do about 100 miles per tank and the tank itself is about 1.2 gallons. Would be a decent work transport.

6. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    thats wat a lot of people in my town do...leave car in drivewai, scoot around. when gas prices started going crazy some people even sold their cars. dont really need em where i live, you can bike everywhere pretty quickly (thats wat all the dirty hippies do when they arent wailing in the woods about dead trees :D)

meanwhile i got my apt partially b/c of its proximity to my work, so i dont drive too much. just around town, and sometimes out to the city (25mins)

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Depending on the price of gas and how much I drive, it's around $25-30 a week, so at the most im spending $120 a month on gas with extreme driving.

8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I walk in the city and dont own a car. When I go to see parents dad can pick me up (works very near to where I live) and I can come back at monday with him when he goes to work.

If I need car at weekend, I can use their cars.

Sometimes though I end up using bus (go to parents at Saturday or come back at Sudnay). Costs about... $30/month.

At summer with motorbike, well, thats the different story, $250 USD/month isnt that uncommon :(

9. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    5km to work with car...cost 100-150€ month.

public transportation sucks in Hellsinki so i use it only when im drunk.

10. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Sucks? Are you on drugs? It's infinitely times better than in anywhere else in Finland.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    that is true for all of the metropolitan area public transportation is win.

if you live outside of Uusimaa tho it gets painful and car is more often then not needed.

i can go to school by train but i choose not to cause VR sucks balls.
    and i can share gas price with friend(s) who come with me so it comes down to same price as car gas.

i use around 50€ a month to gas while train would cost 52€ (if i wasnt in school train would cost 100€ for this trip)

12. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Depends, but lately arround 135$ (Arround 100€)
    But it's not a problem how much I do pay..
    It's a problem how much do I get for this money.. (bloody bastards)

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    If I use my motorbike which usually gets about 32 UK MPG costs me about $100 a month to get to work 6 miles round commute.

If I use the bus it is around $106 a month. And that is using the cheapest irregular ones! If I were to use the regular town bus it would be $140, they can go suck one.

I used to do a 80 mile round commute a few years back which must have been around $270 a month. And that was with much cheaper fuel and a much more economical bike that churned out 40+ mpg regularly. If I had to do that commute today it would probably be well into $500 a month. Don't even ask about the bus on that one !!!

In the 4 or 5 years fuel costs have nearly doubled and pay has remained mostly the same. No way would I ever consider a long commute to work anymore.

And public transport in the UK is stupidly overpriced. It is always cheaper to fly than get a train for any long distance. Town buses cost a leg and an arm.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  14. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Assuming I need to go into uni every day a week, about $100 a month.

I can catch public transport to uni, but it takes about an hour (2 buses) compared to 15 minutes by car and would end up costing about $50 a month. Definitely not a win.

15. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    I don't have my license yet so I don't really spend anything.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Since im driving a small economical car now, its down quite low at £40 ($65) a month, and that does me for work, and the occasional trip into town etc...

17. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I cycle to work, it actually takes the same time as driving due to traffic in the car etc etc, its about 8 miles from my house.

Last time I filled up was the first week of Dec and it cost about £50.. i'm just about empty now so got 2.5 mths use out of that

I pretty much use my car for 1 trip to the supermarket per week, and a few journeys playing taxi service for the GF (dont we all !!) and going to play footy on a saturday.

Just as well really as the price of fuel here in UK is just WRONG.

However having said that Public trasport is expensive aswell, my girlfriend takes a bus to work each day, the weekly ticket cost £17, thats £68 per month !!!!!!!!
    Granted its a little faster than the car due to all the private bus lanes these days, but i'm sure it would be cheaper for her to drive..... its only like 4 miles to town.

PS I live in Norwich, but i'm from Manchester and I know the public transport is much cheaper there... the weekly bus ticket is like £10

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Petrol 95 costs here between 2-3 Euro a liter.

However, my car does 21.25 Km/l, and it's not a hybrid. :)

19. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What about when insurance and tax and car maintenance costs come into it, though

I just went back to manchester to visit my dad, train cost £43 each way.. But the metro in manchester city is pretty sweet, was amazed there's no form of barrier to stop pedestrians getting raped by it, though, seeing as it goes right through busy shopping areas lol :D

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    wooow that's allot for 1L, here its around 1.20 - 1.30€